Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you want in the FO in 2003?

Rat_Boy

Where the hell is the NONE OF THE ABOVE option?

These jokers have had their chances. They don't have the cajones to tell Danny, "No, we don't need to sign the most expensive free agent on the market just because you have him on your fantasy football team."

Originally posted by MRMADD

Where the hell is the NONE OF THE ABOVE option?

These jokers have had their chances. They don't have the cajones to tell Danny, "No, we don't need to sign the most expensive free agent on the market just because you have him on your fantasy football team."

Tim Ruskell is the best choice, MRMADD. He's been making a great name for himself behind the scenes in Tampa. He's a great up-and-coming GM...something we desperately need.

Originally posted by Rat_Boy

I just don't know about Mendes.

I mean, I heard Spurrier say he wanted OL in the draft, and the FO waits till the 6th round.

And I am not sure who is at fault, but the FO as it is now has to go.

Agreed. This is why I'd want Ruskell running the draft. Does anybody know what his draft record was like in Tampa? I can't imagine he'd have taken an egg like Betts so early on.

Mendes on the other hand, is one of the best numbers guys around. He's also the guy who tells Snyder "no," which is why Cerrato seems to get more time hanging out more w/ Danny Boy. In cases like the Ramsey negotiations, for instance, I'd envision Ruskell telling the Danny to force Joey M to bend a little and get the kid in camp. Danny might have a good role in breaking ties over salaries.

I voted Ruskell

The most recent move I remember from the Tampa FO was the trading up to select Kenyatta Walker. Now Walker has not panned out, but at the time, everyone thought Walker and Leonard Davis were both consensus Top 10 picks and when he slipped to 16 (I think), Tampa made a move. Most everyone thought it was a good one at the time.

I'm not familiar with Ruskell, but I am famillar with the drafting of the Bucs. And in recent drafts, they've done pretty well. Not to mention assembled a nice group of talent through free agency.

I'd give Ruskell a shot and then keep Mendes as capologist. Snyder will sit in his office and keep his mouth shut, and Cerrato will be shown the door with the swiftness.

Is the team actually in talks with bringing Ruskell in?

Well just to play devils advocate. They did trade some draft picks this year to get Terry Glenn who's been pretty average at best.

And the guy isn't even the GM there, so who knows exactly what his duties are. And after checking over their recent drafts, they haven't picked anyone of note since 1999. That year they got Anthony McFarland and Shaun King. Since then nobody i've heard of.

I'm not going to rip on the guy, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You all do realize its an either or proposition, we could have picked up all these OL guys, but we wouldn't have Ramsey. I mean if Stai would have stayed healthy, our OL would be fairly decent (assuming of course he'd be taking the Loverne/Sufstead duo's spot). I hate to go against the company line here, but I really don't see anything that horrid in their decision making process this year.

Its also interesting that the same people who preach consistency with players and coaches are looking to revamp our front office for what the 3rd or 4th straight year.

Archived