Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Crazy would it be if......

SkinsManNJ

Almost every year a can't miss player misses. CJ looks like a fantastic prospect, but we have far more pressing needs. If by some miracle he's there at 6, yeah, take him. But to move up to one or two would cost us a fortune in picks and/or players.

I think its crazy to draft Calvin Johnson period.

This is utter lunacy. That's equivalent to saying it's crazy to draft Reggie Bush. Calvin Johnson would be a great asset to this team, regardless of our most pressing need.

Don't force the draft to meet your immediate needs. Now if a player comes who will make immediate impact, it's never a bad move.

Look at the Reggie Bush effect. His stats as a ball carrier were not superb. He was used as a decoy or a pass threat. Teams will be forced to fixate on CJ like they're forced to focus on Reggie Bush. Just imagine what that will do for our boy Santana.

The FO some how pulled off a couple deals that would allow us to get Calvin Johnson and a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder so then we can address DL and Saftey also. I know that this is extremely far fetched but hey isnt it fun to dream sometimes.

What would it take to get something this crazy done?

Tell me what you think.

**IF** It were to happen I would be extremely excited to see our offense. There would be no D out there to cover our WR's. He is an awesome and almost seems unlikely any DB can man up since he could just pull a M Irvin and throw them on the ground at the line.

**BUT** It doesnt matter how good your offense is, if your D cant stop other teams you will most likely be losing.

Son. If you want to keep posting here, stay off the drugs.

Like I said earlier its fun to dream. . . This post was just to see the imagination of fans to make it happen. . .trust me I know it will never happen its entirely to much to give up. . .unless your mike ditka. . . So just have fun with it. Son

He's the best WR prospect to come out in years and probably the best prospect period to come out in years as well.

This guy has everything you want in a football player - size, speed, strength, talent, work ethic, character, right state of mind. It's hard to find faults in his game.

Just out of curiousity, why would the Redskins trade up when they have the sixth pick in the draft for a WR? I have seen CJ play in person and on television and he is a great player, I agree, but there is absolutely no void at the WR position. Santana Moss and A.R-E are a great 1 and 2 receiving corps. Brandon Lloyd will be a good signing when it is all said and done IMHO.

The obviously holes are on the interior O and D lines. Linebackers and Corners were covered in free agency. What needs to happen, if anything, is the Redskins need to pick up an Alan Branch to stuff the middle or a Jamaal Anderson to be another quick DE. Trading down would be much smarter than moving up. Acquiring a second and/or 3rd round pick would allow the Skins to fill holes at Strong Safety and D- line. There is a multitude of strong Down Lineman coming out of this year's draft.

We need to play this draft conservatively because we have gotten burned by the irrationality of this Front office before playing grab-ass with the Denver Broncos. They OWN US.

Calvin Johnson would hurt this team more than help it. WR's don't make that much of an impact on the team right away. It takes years to mold a receiver with the exception of Randy Moss out of Marshall. I can give you several example of people who catch the ball coming out of the first round and doing nothing: Braylon Edwards, Kellen Winslow II (TE I know), Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Ashley Lelie, Matt Jones, Desmond Howard (Super bowl MVP I know he had 1 good game in his life), Michael Westbrook, etc....

Lets address needs not irrational fantasies. For example, We NEED to get rid of that idiot Vinny Cerrato (Casserly pt. two). Bethard is kicking ass in S.D.

This is utter lunacy. That's equivalent to saying it's crazy to draft Reggie Bush. Calvin Johnson would be a great asset to this team, regardless of our most pressing need.

Don't force the draft to meet your immediate needs. Now if a player comes who will make immediate impact, it's never a bad move.

Look at the Reggie Bush effect. His stats as a ball carrier were not superb. He was used as a decoy or a pass threat. Teams will be forced to fixate on CJ like they're forced to focus on Reggie Bush. Just imagine what that will do for our boy Santana.

CJ is a WR not a RB. A RB changes the game. A WR almost does. Not comparable.

OK I'll play along with crazy. That would be so crazy, what would be even crazier is if we could get CJ and still pick up a young stud D lineman, that we've been needing for sometime now, in the first round. Heck not only that but if we could pull off some crazy stuff like that Joe Gibbs could just go home for the day MISSION ACCOMPLISHED... But in all the crazyness please don't include next years #1 or #2 cause we might be needing a QB.

I highly doubt we would be needing a QB and for some God forsaken reason we do and we do have our first rd pick. We would take Colt Brennan out of Hawaii. He would thrive in a Saunders offense. But I think Detroit is thinking about taking him next year thats why they dont want to pick 2nd now. They dont want Russell or Quinn.

Archived