Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Pick Values

DRSmith

Absolutely zero.

The one thing people need to understand is that it doesn't matter what the scale says is worth a #6 pick. Other teams know we want to trade out of that spot, hence they have the leverage and will throw the point scale out of the window. The scale is just a guide, not law.

At best, we might be able to trade down in the first and acquire a 3rd round pick. Anything more is unrealistic to expect.

For those that know the value put on picks, what would be the chances of the Redskins being able to trade the first for Alanta's 2 seconds, 3rd,4th and 5th rounders?

there picks probably move a bit from 12, but here an approximation

1.06 - 1600

2.07 - (510)

2.12 - (460)

3.12 - (210)

4.12 - (78)

5.12 - (36)

(1294 points)

they would kill us.

As mentioned in another thread I would do their 2 2nd's this year (510 + 460), with the 1st (~590) and 3rd's (~116) for next year.

(1676 points)

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

Absolutely zero.

The one thing people need to understand is that it doesn't matter what the scale says is worth a #6 pick. Other teams know we want to trade out of that spot, hence they have the leverage and will throw the point scale out of the window. The scale is just a guide, not law.

At best, we might be able to trade down in the first and acquire a 3rd round pick. Anything more is unrealistic to expect.

Unless I missed it he wasn't including their 1st.

Absolutely zero.

this is true. Because our front office can't keep their intentions to themselves like real front offices do, everyone knows that we want to trade down. And since we've been punked by the Broncos and by the Jaguars, every other front office feels that they can punk us too.

We just made a fool of ourselves with this Archuletta mess and everyone is laughing at us saying, "same old stupid redksins with that stupid owner Snyder".

We gave away 5 mil to AA for nothing!

You dont trade out of the 1st round for multiple picks in the first day unless you have the 28-32nd pick in the first round and have few starting roles to fill.

We could still use their 2 2nd'd to trade back up to around 17-19 range. With the trade I mentioned it would add 2 first day picks next year and you would still have a first this year. If Atlanta wants to trade up it might make sense for them. Oakland, Detriot or Cleveland may want more then a first and a couple 2nd rounders.

We could still use their 2 2nd'd to trade back up to around 17-19 range. With the trade I mentioned it would add 2 first day picks next year and you would still have a first this year. If Atlanta wants to trade up it might make sense for them. Oakland, Detriot or Cleveland may want more then a first and a couple 2nd rounders.

Yo-yo’ing like that is taking quite a gamble because you have to find a sucker to take your deal. And what GM not named Matt Millen is going to take 2, 2nd rounders for a mid 1st round pick?

Yo-yo’ing like that is taking quite a gamble because you have to find a sucker to take your deal. And what GM not named Matt Millen is going to take 2, 2nd rounders for a mid 1st round pick?

Well if we got "stuck" with 2 high 2nd rounders instead I'd be ok with that.

I don't even like this trade. If we trade down we should get into the 8-12 range at most and try and pick up a third. Unless we do that Bly deal, that would be great.

I agree. I don't mind moving down a bit, but unless they pull a pre-draft trade involving another player, any trade that happens will probably occur while we're on the clock.

If I had this decision to make, I'd only trade down if the top guy I'm targeting (this assumes not moving up to bag CJ or someone else) would still be available to where I'm moving down. Unless, the team feels it's smarter to get a couple of extra picks to fill some need positions.

And how different of an approach would that be coming from this current instant gratification FO we have now?

Archived