Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East in 2007

punishmentcrew

It is too early to tell. One thing's for sure, everyone will have the Redskins dead last in their predictions. The media will say Philly or Dallas will win the division and grab a wild card. I actually believe we will bounce back, but you never know.

Here are my predictions.

1) Philly- I have to go with them until teams in the east start beating them on a consistent basis. They did go 0-6 vs the east a while back, but that appears to be more of a fluke than anything. McNabb is a question mark. Look at Culpepper. He went from being a top passer to looking very bad. We'll see how McNabb bounces back from a serious knee injury.

2) Washington- I think our defense will bounce back. We were in the top 10 for two straight years. Then we were last in the league. I feel better having Smoot back there instead of Kenny Wright. Although unproven, I feel better about Rocky instead of Holdman. I like the Fletcher signing for MLB. Now the d-line has question marks. Carter started off slow, but played much better as the season progressed. Hopefully he'll be solid. We have good DTs, but can they stay healthy? If we draft a stud DE or DT, that will help a lot. Hopefully Gregg Williams will tweak his system.

We have a QB with a lot of promise. If Campbell shines, we will be a dangerous team. If we go through another Patrick Ramsey experience, we'll be mediocre or bad for the next 4-5 years. From what I've seen, Campbell has much better pocket presense and poise than Ramsey had, so that's good.

3) This is a toss up for NY or Dallas. I guess I'll say Dallas. I think Dallas will be competetive, but I really can't see Wade Phillips being an upgrade to Parcells. Jerry has his team back. That's always a bad sign if you're a Dallas fan. Romo sits to pee does not scare me at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Brad Johnson is starting sometime in the season. When the game is on the line, Brad Johnson scares me more than Romo sits to pee. Then again, maybe I remember the Vikings game too well. It'll be interesting to see T.O. next year and how Wade Phillips will handle it.

4) I'm actually hesitant to put the Giants last, because they always do better than I expect. However, replacing Tiki with Reuben Droughns is a huge downgrade. Plus, I still can't believe they blew their o-line up like they did. I would be very nervous if I was Eli. On defense, they will have a new d-coordinator. Strahan is getting old and from what I've heard isn't happy. LaVar is gone. They have question marks in the secondary. But overall, Coughlin is more than likely gone after this season. I have a feeling the players will just set everything in cruise control and just get through the season. It's hard for me to imagine them giving their blood and guts for Coughlin next year, but I could be wrong.

Giants: Coach on the hotseat/locker room tension. Tiki gone. Pressure on Eli. Burress and Shockey are headcases. O-Line wasn't good and they cut the best players. Back seven on defense wasn't good and they cut players w/o replacements. Done nothing to improve over last year.

Eagles: Don't forget about Andy Reid's family situation. McNabb coming off ACL. Lost biggest offensive playmaker in Stallworth/Curtis is not as good. O-Line getting old. D-Line is injury riddled. LBs old and not that good (except Trotter who is gonna have his role reduced). Best defender (Dawkins) is old. Done nothing to improve over last year.

Cowboys: If Parcells couldn't do it, Wade can't. Still have TO. Romo sits to pee really isn't good (sat on the bench for years and played well for about 3 games). Leonard Davis is not the solution to the O-Line problems, ask the Cards. D-Line doesn't have any playmakers. LBs are good. Secondary can't cover. Done nothing to improve over last year.

Skins: Finally have stability in personnel and coaching staff. Been humbled by last year. AA leaving is a good thing because he didn't fit the system and was unhappy. The two added players are both known to fit the system and fill needs. #6 pick should give us options to further improve.

Analysis: I think the Skins are the only team to improve/address issues and are in a very good position to win the division. Remember that the roster is the same (a few minor tweaks) as last year's where a lot of people felt we could make a Super Bowl run. The problems last year were chemistry, play calling, consistency, not a lack of talent. I think this past season has given the focus necessary to win this year.

This is like forecasting the weather in DC....I'll give it a shot too, of course!

I'm a huge 'skins fan and I'd love to see them bounce back and I think they will to a degree. My gut says they will make the playoffs, barely, as a wildcard. I like the offseason moves so far. Sounds like our organization is now finally realizing we can't use FA with guys on the downside of their careers to win ballgames and are now trying to get younger through gaining draft picks. Getting rid of AA and gaining cap space and a 6th pick gives us something for nothing. Todd Wade as a possible OG sounds appealing, since he apparently has played there before. Dock was a huge loss but for the kind of $$ he was asking, he wasn't going to stay here. It was good to let him go. I remember way too many "off sides" penalties against him anyway. The offense has another year with Saunders and JC at the helm excites me with his raw abilities to make things happen. It got old watching MB last year not making mistakes but not moving the yardsticks either. I think JC gives us hope. If he falls, then its back to the drawing board there. The defensive moves should get them back on track. They can't be any worse. Don't ever count out a Gibbs led team until they're officially out of the running....

I think the Eagles with a healthy McNabb pose the biggest threat to win the NFC East. If he goes down, so do the Eagles and without Garcia, they'll be in trouble. They're getting older too and I don't see anything that scares me so far with them but, like the consensus, it's way too early to tell what they'll do from here out. Andy Reid is a winner and he finds creative ways to get it done.

The Giants are so up and down, it's amazing. If they get on a tear and build confidence they could go far. Lot of ??? in NY though. That locker room will be different w/o Tiki to calm things down.

The Cowgirls have the talent to win it. They also have the players ie. TO that could cause enough locker room strife, they get distracted enough to not play to their potential. (That's what I'm hoping for!!). Romo sits to pee doesn't scare me but Brad Johnson does, even at his age. We should have never let him go IMHO.

That's my take so far....

HTTR

I'm a 'skins fan, and no matter how much I hate to say it... The cowgirls have only one question mark this year, and it's Wade Phillips. As long as he doesn't change much, they could have similar success this year to last year. Remember the Barry Switzer years? If Wade Phillips follows the same recipe of "not rocking the boat", they are poised to win the division and fumble the snap in the playoffs again. Still, we're going to sweep them this year.

I don't know man I think they have more problems than just Phillips. Their defense is not great they are very suspect.

i think we have a shot to win the division..

Eagles- "McNabb drops back, looking, looking, looking, looking, Curtis in the corner! he had it, then got drilled by Sean Taylor, have to bring in Akres"

Curtis, Brown, Baskett and Lewis is an AWFUL recieving core, McNabb couldnt run a 2 min drill with TO or Stallworth, he wont with Curtis

Cowboys- "Romo sits to pee rolls to his left, he has Owens all alone, touchd-...dropped by Owens"

they cant cover on defense (i love to blame roy, but its also the corners) and there WR's are getting long in the tooth. i see maybe a 8-8 at best for the boys

Gianst- "1st and 10, Eli back, hit and sacked. 2nd and 16, Eli back, hit and sacked! 3rd and 22, draw to ?"

no running back, and Eli cant handle the blitz. i think it will be between us and the g-men for the division

How can you predict what order anyone is going to finish in? You can make a better prediction after the draft. Supposed the Skins makes some weird trade and gets Calvin Johnson? Then, our defensive line is still a question mark.

I have no idea. We can all answer better at the end of the day on April 29.

The East Stinks? There goes your credibility!! 3 teams make the playoffs in 2006. In the history of the SuperBowl, 5 years have not past without an NFC East team playing in the game.

Yeah, three teams made it, but what happened as soon as they played somebody not in the East. They lost.

I'm not saying historically the East is bad. Through the 80's and 90's it was most years the best division in the NFL, but that has no bearing on 2007. The East again, might have 3 teams that are around 9-7, and put three teams in the playoffs, but none of them are legitimate Super Bowl contenders.

1)DALLAS

It's very hard for a team to lose a coach (Parcells) and have a successfull season with a new one (Phillips) that next following year.They did sign Brad Johnson which could be a bad thing for us, as I think he's better than Romo sits to pee even at 105 years old...I Personally think Romo sits to pee just flat out had a VERY lucky early part of the season as he turned human and it all evened out..And it didn't hurt that our own division was very mediocre as well...New coach means this team goes 9-7 at best!

2)Eagles

Losing Stallworth was a killer!Kevin curtis will probably get a few Long bombs,but isn't the complete package I think Stallworth is capable of...Losing Garcia was probably even worse...McNabb haas had problems staying healthy as their key players are just getting older as it is...And they haven't drafted very well in the last 3 years...But they still can be tough IF McNabb can stay healthy and they won't get the production from their backup like they did Garcia...I think with a healthy McNabb they can maybe go 11-5 or 10-6...Without him they go 8-8 at best!

3)Giants

I think they will be hurt more than any of the NFC East teams...You don't just replace a Tiki barber and especially with a DRONE..The Good news is with a healthy Sinorice they may be able to hide that FACT by airing it out ALOT...And hit ya with Jacobs to tire the Defense and so...But ALL this will determine how good a season Manning has and well they all respond to Tom Coughlin and their aging vets play...

I think with a good Manning season,this team could go 12-4 and win the East...But until Manning even resembles his older brother,they look more like a team that goes 9-7 or worse...!

4)Redskins

It's pretty siimple folks..!If Campbell stays healthy through the majority of the season,then we go no worse than 9-7...We havn't had a GOOD franchise QB in a very long,long time...With the weapons we have on offense in Moss,Cooley,Randel el,Lloyd and portis and betts...If Campbell just plays the way he has always played, it cannot be worse than having Brunell at the helm...Just the little things like running for a 1st down on 3rd and 4 instead of chucking it out of bounds will probably be good for 2 wins alone...Throwing a bomb for a TD every other game for 85 yards instead of hoping Moss can turn a 5 yard Curl or screen for an 85 yard TD will be good for 2 more wins as well!Having the defense actually respect the passing game Campbell provides with his arm and mobility,will alow Portis and Betts much more room to run and thus providing us long 70 yard runs that portis is capable of doing instead of having defenses stack the box with 8 or 9 men is also good for 2 more wins as well...What's that...6 wins alone?Causing more turnovers this years which can't be too hard considering we broke the NFL record for fewest last season will also be good for 2 more wins as well...8 wins!And having Sean Taylor on our team is probably also good for 2 more wins as well...10 wins..There you go..!!

If we don't go better than 10-6 or better than some front office personel changes will be required!

The East stinks. It will probably be the worse division in the NFL.

What WR's did the Eagles get? Kevin Curtis is a #3 WR. They lost Stallworth, who when healthy, was a legitimate #1. That isn't a good move. Their best players on defense are on the wrong side of the 30 and getting older (e.g. Dawkins and Trotter).

They keep drafting DL in the first round, but none of them have been any good.

If McNabb can stay healthy, they might be okay, but after missing significant time in the last two seasons I see no reason to believe he will stay healthy this year, and they let Garcia go.

The Giants won't have Tiki, it doesn't seem likely that Shockey will ever stay healthy, Plexico has proven that the Steeler's were right to let him go, and Eli took a step back last year.

Look for the Romo sits to pee to struggle early this season as the NFL now has game film on him and can better prepare for him. He might be able to make adjustments to what is being done, but it will take time. They've lost Parcells, added an under acheiving OL, and have a new coach. They are a TO melt down from being a complete wreck.

The Redskins will probably be better, but they were so bad last year that they can get better and still not be a really good team.

The teams in the East might actually end up w/ pretty good records, and it might seem competitive, but it is only because they are all mediocre. There is not a legitimate SB contender in the bunch.

No need to beat around the bush:D

From right now I'd say this:

1. Eagles - Most complete and returning

2. Giants - Lost stud tailback but most of the unit stayed the same.

3. Redskins - All depends on QB play (second year slump??) and defense

4. Cowboys - Too much turnover at the top, will struggle.

Archived