Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another top 5 movie list

KevinthePRF

1. The departed-With hearing the F word every other word the movie became unenjoyable.

2. Lord of the Rings...all of them- WTF??!?! lets make a movie of 2 hobbits walking around for 2.5 hours and have a gay action scene at the end. by the way j.r. tolkein i want my money back.

3. Borat-make a comedy where i don't have to read the subtitles. and why would i want to see two naked men fighting over Pamela Anderson's magazine?!?!?!?! EW!

4. open water- omg lets make a movie where two people are floating in the water for 2.5 hours of the movie. BRILLIANT!!!

5. king kong, titantic, rocky I II III...ect and clerks I II.

Ha! Borat - i thought i was the only human on earth that thought this movie was a bit overrated. Its no more than a "European Jackass"...but softer. I did LOL a couple times but not enough to make me think this was as good as advertised.

There are a lot of bad movies...obviously. That list could be 5 pages....But movies that are overrated that I didnt think were up to the hype when i saw them are...

Borat (havent we seen Jackass enough already?). A few LOL moments but overall far below my expectations.

Ace Ventura (give me Dumb & Dumber and thats all the Jim Carrey i can handle).

Talladega Nights...ballad of Ricky Bobby (aside from maybe 3 one-liners i was dissapointed).

DodgeBall (I love Vince Vaugh but this was a waste).

Two For the Money (a gambler who was lucky, then unlucky then wins one last pick.....) Brandon Lang is a has been in the prognostication world.

Friday Night Lights (Varsity Blues, Remember the Titans were better among other football movies).

One of my favorite movies! :)

I thought it was a good plot, all things considered. It wasn't some rehash of a different story. Just a plot through the life of a few characters that were developed pretty damn well, with some nice art direction too.

Apparently the director thought that nice art direction would compensate for a stupid plot and the lack of anything resembling a sympathetic protagonist. If ALL I cared about was style, I might have liked this movie. I found the substance horribly lacking, however.

Eh. I've documented my distaste for this movie several times on this board. If you liked it, more power to ya.

Archived