Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles sign WR/KR Bethel Johnson

Westbrook36

OWU, you have become such a hater lately. Special Teams is 1/3 of the game. We never win the field position battle. This is a good move. You have your heart set on Stallworth. It isn't happening. We'll sign a Curtis as the speed guy and go with what we have. The offense is going to score points if McNabb is healthy.

Adam Schefter says the Eagles are interested in Donnie Edwards. That would be a good move for 2 years while the young LB corps develops.

If the offseason went like this, I'd be happy:

Resign:

Juqua

Mikell

Feeley

Sign in FA:

Bethel J

Donnie Edwards

Corey Dillon/Chris Brown

I don't feel like a hater. I long ago resigned myself to Stallworth's return. I know he isn't coming here, and I think we could obviously recover.

Kevin Curtis I would love. Donnie Edwards I would love. Chris Brown I would love. Bethel Johnson, though, does nothing for me. If we are signing a guy strictly for returns I would like him to be more accomplished. Better yet, I'd rather they target in the draft someone who will exclusively be a return man early in their career but with an upside at another position. Bethel Johnson will never be a good receiver, and as a return man he doesn't bring enough to the table to justify that specialty.

i'd be afraid of Kevin Curtis went to Philly, the guy has shown he can play, based on his production despite being a #3 guy. When he starts, he is pretty much a fantasy starter in most leagues.

Bethel Johnson is not bad either, though I doubt he's any better than their other young guys like Jason Avant and Hank Baskett.

I thought Bloom was supposed to be the return guy? He's so dreamy as well...

Some way, some how, Mahe will make the roster, no matter how much I/we hate it.

This has been true for a while now. I would place a small wager he still makes the team. Give me 2-1 odds. I bet he makes the roster.

I do. It means we have someone other than Mahe returning punts and kickoffs.

Yeah, and to be fair, Johnson has a ton of speed. Anyone remember when Brady said that he couldn't throw a football far enough that Johnson couldn't catch up to? Still the signing was purely for ST. I guess they got tired of Hood and company starting the Eagles offense inside their own 25 yard line.

I do. It means we have someone other than Mahe returning punts and kickoffs.

I'm with that, and I wanted them to upgrade the return spots going into this offseason.

I just would have rather they drafted a CB/S/WR/RB in the mid rounds this year who could handle return duties as a rookie. Having Johnson, who doesn't return punts by the way, occupies a roster spot that I'd rather give to someone else.

Right now:

Brown, Avant, Baskett and Greg Lewis are guranteed spots. Now Johnson is guranteed a spot as well. That's five receivers. We don't have a punt returner right now outside of Jeremy Bloom. Unless we draft a reserve CB/S/RB to return punts, Bloom will be that guy. That's 6 receivers. Therefore, to sign another wide receiver that will actually play wide receiver, we would need to dress 7 guys every game. Otherwise, Avant would be back to the inactive list every Sunday, which would essentially end any sort of development from him.

I hate that he signed with the Iggles BUT he is another Texas A&M player!!!!!

I like Bethel.....his hometown has had a Bethel Johnson day a couple of times. He was at a high school football game this year......right before or after..I can't remember which.......he went to the Saints.

Archived