Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strange PC feature

Sisyphus

I came across something a little strange by accident today ....

On a PC keyboard pressing ctrl alt and an arrow key might turn the screen and mouse orientation in the direction of the arrow. So you can turn your screen image through 90, 180 or 270 degrees. :whoknows::bfd:

This works on a Dell notebook my daughter uses, and also works on one of our desktops, but not my Dell D820 notebook or another desktop we tried it on.

:)

pretty cool that works for me too.

Here is one for you.

FreeCell

Secret - Instant Win

Instructions - Hold down Ctrl + Shift + F10 during game play. Then you will be asked if you want to Abort, Retry or Ignore. Choose Abort, then move any card to instantly win

Ive known about that trick for a few years now. works great as a prank. Just like the ole screencapture desktop and set as desktop trick. gets em every time.

yeah, those are both fun. last year in my computer systems tech class, there was one eagles fan who's computer was conviently next to mine. i'd do the screenshot and disable his icons and hide his start-bar. he had no idea what the hell was going on :laugh:

this year in my computer science class, if someone's sleeping in class we rotate the screen upside-down (we go to the video-card options to do so, not the little shortcut)

it all depends on your video card. some laptops you have to enable the shortcut keys for it. to check, right click on your desktop and go to properties, go to settings and select advanced. that should open up your video card options. select something along the lines of orientation or rotation (different on some computers), enable the feature if you have to and have fun.

Archived