Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.Dockery / R.Brown

GritzRgreat

I understand we (the skins that is) are having a hard time re-signing Dockery.

Is he really worth top $ for a guard of his talent?

Ruben Brown of the Bears is a solid vet with less of a price tag.

I know Brown is an older guy but still a top run blocker and one

of the better locker room guys around.

I think this is a bigger issue then replacing Dockery from a talent perspective. The Redskins need to demonstrate that they can take care of their own before going after someone elses players. That has been a sore spot with the current players on the team.

There is also a cohesion factor with an OL. The Redskins could concievably sign a better player to replace Dock but still end up with a worse OL in the end.

Dockery improved some last season but some team is gonna offer him a boat load because he's still fairly young. His strong point definitely wasn't pulling. His pass blocking was average also. From a chemistry stand point though, the Skins need to get him signed.

not re-signing Dockery sends a message to Cooley for next season, and possibly even Jason Campbell and Sean Taylor 3 years down the road. This would weigh in even more if the replacement sucks.

Exactly, we can't keep letting our guys go. Guys start to resent the front office. Luckily Cooley will be restricted next season, but I still hope we can sign him to a long term deal before this season ends.

if we dont re-sign Cooley or Taylor, man, I'll just become a fan of football. I'm kind of worried about getting Jersey's of Cooley or Taylor, cause they might not be here in a few.

Although it would be a HUGE mistake to not get these 2 guys wrapped up under long-term contracts, and with the face of today's NFL as it is, you will RARELY see a player play his whole career with 1 team. If they leave, they leave. I root for the Washington Redskins, not #21 or #47. I never get current players jersey's and I'll never not root for the Skins.

not re-signing Dockery sends a message to Cooley for next season, and possibly even Jason Campbell and Sean Taylor 3 years down the road. This would weigh in even more if the replacement sucks.
I would agree with your theory if Dockery were anywhere near the talent level of those three players that you mentioned.

Dont you guys even start with this madness!!!! There's no way we don't sign Taylor or Cooley, NO ****IN WAY!!!

As for Dockery, I think Samuels may also work on his contract to free up just a little bit more wiggle room. He said right after the season ended that he wanted to make 100% sure that Dock was back.

This is not meant to be a knock on Dockery, but isn't it amazing how a player seems to do well in the last year of his contract right before hitting free agency??? I agree that we need to keep cohesion on our team. I would hope that they re-sign him for no other reason then that, but I do believe that he needs a heavy incentive laden contract and not so much guaranteed money. He and his agent may not like this situation. His performance up until this year was not stellar. Just a thought.

This is not meant to be a knock on Dockery, but isn't it amazing how a player seems to do well in the last year of his contract right before hitting free agency??? I agree that we need to keep cohesion on our team. I would hope that they re-sign him for no other reason then that, but I do believe that he needs a heavy incentive laden contract and not so much guaranteed money. He and his agent may not like this situation. His performance up until this year was not stellar. Just a thought.

I've noticed the same thing. I also agree that more players should be given incentive laden contracts...get paid on how you play. Last years FAs should have been given contracts such as this, but the coaches "had to have them".

I know there are better Guards out there but I agree with most people on the board lately...continuity is the key. Dock's not the best but he isn't as bad as some say. Keep him here and you keep a great OL. Replace him and you run more of a risk of our Offense not reaching potential.

Dont you guys even start with this madness!!!! There's no way we don't sign Taylor or Cooley, NO ****IN WAY!!!

As for Dockery, I think Samuels may also work on his contract to free up just a little bit more wiggle room. He said right after the season ended that he wanted to make 100% sure that Dock was back.

Never say never. Don't get me wrong, I'd do anything to keep them in a Redskins uniform for their whole careers, but like I said in an earlier post, in today's NFL, the Darrell Greens and Jackie Slaters have gone by the wayside.

Archived