Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell contract Looming - Frost Tendered

D-Day

Frosts stats are not flashy but most want to forget that he had a large number of punts that were pinned inside the 20. If anyone cares to remember last year, think of all the drives that stalled around the 50.

He didn't get alot of chances to boom a kick.

I certainly hope the same. It's no mystery that Brunell's open market value right now is vet backup pay (minimum). he can either stay here for a pay reduction or try the open market and get squat. He already got 8 mil up front, what else could be possibly want besides playing time?

He doesn't give a rats butt about playing time, it has been for the last year and still is about the check.

I've been pondering who could be a good backup and my biggest criteria is he has to be a veteran that has had flashes of being really good at some point in his career. Brunell would fit that criteria. The only thing is, they must severely reduce his contract by like 8 million dollars or else they should just cut him outright.

Other options are out there like Drew Bledsoe or Jeff Garcia and more I can't think of right now.

I've been pondering who could be a good backup and my biggest criteria is he has to be a veteran that has had flashes of being really good at some point in his career. Brunell would fit that criteria. The only thing is, they must severely reduce his contract by like 8 million dollars or else they should just cut him outright.

Other options are out there like Drew Bledsoe or Jeff Garcia and more I can't think of right now.

Umm...Garcia is looking to start and both of those men have shown quite a bit more than a few "flashes of being really good" they were really good.

Bledsoe in his career has thrown for 44,000 yards 251 TD's 206 INT's

Garcia in his career in the NFL has thrown for 20,000 yards 136 TD's 73 INT's

I wouldn't call those two "flashes". A flash of brilliance player would be someone like A.J. Feeley who isn't very good, but has had some amazing games coming in as a backup.

Archived