Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your first job?

CoachingWinsChampionships

Guest sk1nzHEAD
Some interesting first jobs here... and some depressing ones. I think the two things I am most strongly considering right now are working in a restaraunt and working at a place called Behnkes that sells flowers, mulch, trees...etc. I would load mulch and stuff into the customer's cars for 8.50 an hour plus tips. The upside is that a couple of my friends will be working there, pretty flexible hours, the boss is pretty cool from what they say and just about everybody that works there gets baked during breaks and downtime while sitting out back waiting for customers to bring their cars around, so... free weed!

welcome to the real world

welcome to the real world

Huh? I didn't get that.

Are you saying the job I described is a bad idea? I know its not the most serious of jobs and isn't gonna take me real far in life, but you know what? I've already been accepted at a couple of Ivy League schools and the Maryland Honors Program, so I'm just looking to get together some money while enjoying what I have left of high school.

Maybe I missed what you were saying though.

I mowed lawns in 8th and 9th grade. Simple work, pays well when you think about it. You do it with a friend, it just becomes fun cause you're just chilling with a friend basically, and it goes faster.

I consider my first job to be Toys R Us though for all of my senior year in high school. Retail sucks in general, but at least Toys was never as crowded as Best Buy or Wal-Mart was.

Guest sk1nzHEAD
Huh? I didn't get that.

Are you saying the job I described is a bad idea? I know its not the most serious of jobs and isn't gonna take me real far in life, but you know what? I've already been accepted at a couple of Ivy League schools and the Maryland Honors Program, so I'm just looking to get together some money while enjoying what I have left of high school.

Maybe I missed what you were saying though.

no im telling you that the real world isnt easy. the job is going to suck serious ass, but from this point on nothing is going to be easy for you.

by the way are you a junior or a senior?

Archived