Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot to return to Washington (rumor)

Lavarleap56

And he'll be about half the player. That being said, I like this roster a lot more with Smoot than without.

And they'll want Champ Bailey money and they are about half the player Champ is. Besides, the game is structured to favor the offense so much that no corner no matter how good is worth that kind of money. For a lesser cost you get a player who is still young, was well liked while here and has played well for most of his career.

I agree with you, this secondary is better with Smoot than without him.

Carlos Rogers has been less impressive in his first two years than Tom Carter was. At least Tom Carter made interceptions. Rogers can't even do that and unlike Carter, Rogers played on a good defense his first year and still was at best mediocre.

So what if Smoot returns to Washington? There are many pros and cons as to why he should and should not, and most are legitimate. Personally I was not a great fan of his...he did ok in my book. But I agree he would do good in the secondary IF he were to return.

But of course there is always the issue of money with some of these players. But if they can't play to their worth, then there is no sense keeping them. Smoot has not played to his money's worth, so whether or not he returns is no skin off my nose. I would rather see the head shed take a good look at who they have, make some adjustments, and start making some good decisions. Just my take on it.

Archived