Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC.com - Niners thrilled to keep Norv Turner

HapHaszard

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16656136.htm

Norv Turner won't be the Dallas Cowboys' next head coach after all. That's great news for everybody with the San Francisco 49ers, and even Turner doesn't seem too disappointed to be staying home.

The Cowboys hired Wade Phillips on Thursday, about 10 days after Turner emerged as the apparent front-runner to replace Bill Parcells. Turner, the Cowboys' former offensive coordinator who holds the same job in San Francisco, won two Super Bowl titles in three seasons running Dallas' offense.

But the Bay Area native will be chasing his third ring with the 49ers, whose once-awful offense improved remarkably during his first season in charge. After Phillips' hiring was announced in Dallas, Turner said he had no regrets about his failed bid to take over the Cowboys - and he reaffirmed his desire to work alongside coach Mike Nolan.

"I have a great situation with the 49ers, and I'm excited about continuing the progress we made on offense last season," said Turner, who never had much success (58-82-1) as a head coach in Washington and Oakland.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

He did a good job as OC for the Niners. It would have been a mistake for him to go to Dallas and someday he'll figure that out.

If true that one reason he didn't get the job was due to requesting power of personnel and staff decisions, that means he has grown some balls.

Damn I wish Jerry picked him:( :laugh:

He did a good job as OC for the Niners. It would have been a mistake for him to go to Dallas and someday he'll figure that out.

If true that one reason he didn't get the job was due to requesting power of personnel and staff decisions, that means he has grown some balls.

Damn I wish Jerry picked him:( :laugh:

what does that say about Phillips?

I mean if wishy washy Norv Turner lost out because he has more back bone to stand up to Jerrah about his staff hires... Phillips spine must be made of jello :paranoid:

what does that say about Phillips?

I mean if wishy washy Norv Turner lost out because he has more back bone to stand up to Jerrah about his staff hires... Phillips spine must be made of jello :paranoid:

We can only hope that he's Jerry's puppet down there. It's a shame Norv didn't get the call, but at least now we can hope that Garrett will never develop, and their offense will blow. And also Norv has won more playoff games than Wade which has gotta make you smile a little, and good ole Wade has also learned from the two best "clutch" coaches of our time, Dan Reeves(0-4 in super bowls) and Marty(:doh: ).

We can only hope that he's Jerry's puppet down there. It's a shame Norv didn't get the call, but at least now we can hope that Garrett will never develop, and their offense will blow. And also Norv has won more playoff games than Wade which has gotta make you smile a little, and good ole Wade has also learned from the two best "clutch" coaches of our time, Dan Reeves(0-4 in super bowls) and Marty(:doh: ).

Whoa! A lot of hoping going on over there.

Whoa! A lot of hoping going on over there.

Can't do much but hope at this point. Hopefully hoping will make Jerry hope he'd hired Norv. Hopefully Wade Phillips won't ever make it to the playoffs, that way he wouldn't have terrible things happen to him there, to the point that yall'd be hoping you hadn't hired him. And hopefully we can look forward to Dallas becomming perennial losers. And hopefully all of this hoping isn't confusing people. Because really all we hope in the end is that Wade Phillips fails horribly and sends your 'boys into obscurity for years and years and years.

Can't do much but hope at this point. Hopefully hoping will make Jerry hope he'd hired Norv. Hopefully Wade Phillips won't ever make it to the playoffs, that way he wouldn't have terrible things happen to him there, to the point that yall'd be hoping you hadn't hired him. And hopefully we can look forward to Dallas becomming perennial losers. And hopefully all of this hoping isn't confusing people. Because really all we hope in the end is that Wade Phillips fails horribly and sends your 'boys into obscurity for years and years and years.

And I hope just the opposite.

:cheers:

Archived