Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BS - Turner May Be Greatest Hope for Cowboys

HapHaszard

http://www.baytownsun.com/wire.lasso?report=/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_COWBOYS_TURNER?SITE=TXGAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=blank.html&CTIME=2007-01-28-18-43-38

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Norv Turner got the best out of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin when he was the Dallas Cowboys' offensive coordinator. He thinks he can do the same with Tony Romo sits to pee, Terrell Owens and the rest of the club as their next head coach.

Turner interviewed for the job Sunday, becoming the seventh - and likely final - candidate being considered by owner Jerry Jones.

"I was excited to get a chance to visit and talk about things that are important to me," said Turner, San Francisco's offensive coordinator. "In this league, it's all about timing and circumstance. ... I've got a lot of confidence in the things I can do. I think there are a lot of people in this league that look at it in that manner."

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

Norv Turner got the best out of Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin when he was the Dallas Cowboys' offensive coordinator. He thinks he can do the same with Tony Romo sits to pee, Terrell Owens and the rest of the club as their next head coach.

The same way he got the best out of an inherited #4 pick in the draft Desmond Howard, a hand picked #3 pick in the draft and franchise QB Heath Shuler and a hand picked #4 pick in the draft WR Michael Westbrook.:pooh: :pooh: :pooh:

Yeah, Turner got a lot of use out of Deion.

TO would eat Turner for breakfast. Man, I hope Jones hires him.

Yeah, that would be one of the dynamics I'd enjoy watching.

An ego so big that (with support from Jerrah) Bill Parcells couldn't dominate him. In a Norv Turner locker room.

The Crackboys are the obvious choice to hire Norv. The guy couldn't cut it here, so Snyder gave him the boot. The guy couldn't cut it in Oakland, so Al Davis a.k.a. the Emperor from Star Wars banished him. So where else could he possibly go?... Well, Dallas of course!!! Please let him get the job! You thought Parcells/TO was entertaining? This would be even more so. Norv would be TO's doormat from the start. Oh, the scenarios that would play out..... I can dream can't I? :D

:dallasuck

Archived