Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

quote from superbowl XXVI

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

"It wasn't me," Gouveia said. "Our line got such great pressure that he threw the ball before he wanted to. I was ready, but the tight end wasn't."

hmm, our d-line got pressure and QBs threw interceptions? by george, what a crazy notion!?!!!

I still think WR will make all the difference :)

"It wasn't me," Gouveia said. "Our line got such great pressure that he threw the ball before he wanted to. I was ready, but the tight end wasn't." QUOTE]

gotta love the old "Bus Driver's Special."

And yes C.J. certainly would make a big difference. I honestly don't care who we draft as long as it's the best player on the board. Or whoever the Redskins believe to be the best player, as long as it's the BEST player, not necessarily the best "fit". Needs are needs, but you can't pass up Reggie Bush because you NEED a D-lineman...dumb...

"It wasn't me," Gouveia said. "Our line got such great pressure that he threw the ball before he wanted to. I was ready, but the tight end wasn't." QUOTE]

gotta love the old "Bus Driver's Special."

And yes C.J. certainly would make a big difference. I honestly don't care who we draft as long as it's the best player on the board. Or whoever the Redskins believe to be the best player, as long as it's the BEST player, not necessarily the best "fit". Needs are needs, but you can't pass up Reggie Bush because you NEED a D-lineman...dumb...

if the texans had picked reggie bush, he'd be dead right now. their o-line was atrocious and bush would have been battered. and honestly, ill catch heat for this but whatever, bush isnt that great. he can make some game changing plays, but hes not an everydown back, and hes not a true WR. the saints found a good place for him, but id take a great DE over him anyday, which is what the texans did. mario williams should come around at some point.

if the texans had picked reggie bush, he'd be dead right now. their o-line was atrocious and bush would have been battered. and honestly, ill catch heat for this but whatever, bush isnt that great. he can make some game changing plays, but hes not an everydown back, and hes not a true WR. the saints found a good place for him, but id take a great DE over him anyday, which is what the texans did. mario williams should come around at some point.

I whole-heartedly agree. The only gripe I have with the Texans move is not trading out of the top spot. Bush fell into a great situation in NO and would not have done the same in Tex. He would have been the #1 back - and he averaged a paltry 3.6 ypc...behind a much better o-line.

I think he will be a good player in the long run - but I think injuries are going to take their toll.

Bush would have done fine in Houston sharing carries with Davis. Who knows if Davis would have been injured if they drafted Bush, it really could have changed the whole thing there. Also, Houston does have a bad o-line, but so do the Saints. Their line came together under Deuce/Bush. Otherwise, they are a bunch of young guys with little experience. They switched the guys up a bit, one was a Division III player in college last season.

Bush would have done fine in Houston sharing carries with Davis. Who knows if Davis would have been injured if they drafted Bush, it really could have changed the whole thing there. Also, Houston does have a bad o-line, but so do the Saints. Their line came together under Deuce/Bush. Otherwise, they are a bunch of young guys with little experience. They switched the guys up a bit, one was a Division III player in college last season.

Not totally accurate. How many 8-9 man fronts do you think he would have faced in Houston w/ David Carr at QB as opposed to Drew Brees.

I whole-heartedly agree. The only gripe I have with the Texans move is not trading out of the top spot.

The problem is, you usually need a team to trade with you, and to still get the player you covet. They probably didn't see a deal that was attractive enough to do a deal.

As for the subject, I remember something in the America's Game episode of the 91 Redskins that Pettibon pretty much told him that the ball was going to be there on that play.

Jason

The problem is, you usually need a team to trade with you, and to still get the player you covet. They probably didn't see a deal that was attractive enough to do a deal.

As for the subject, I remember something in the America's Game episode of the 91 Redskins that Pettibon pretty much told him that the ball was going to be there on that play.

Jason

the texans had a successful draft anyways. demeco ryans is landslides better than any other defender that came out of last years draft.

Archived