Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some different names to talk about...

CommDownMan

This is a block on Kiper's review of guys after the senior bowl practices. If I remember Pit**** was look at as a first rounder in some mock drafts. I added a bunch of guys that would be later pickups. Should make for better ideas of who can be had and when. I must say based on some things I heard I didn't expect a few (Willis 2nd, Pit**** 3rd...)

If the skins traded to the 15-18 range they could pick up Carriker for DE and potentially a 2nd/3rd to add to it. Draft a CB/MLB (Willis??) with the second and grab Pit**** with the 3rd (maybe trade there 5th to move up a few spots in the 3rd).

Maybe switch and take Okoye with the 1 pick, Jay Moore with the 2 and McCauley/Gattis with the 3rd. (probably need more weight on the DL)

90 DL Quinn Pit**** 6-2 301 Ohio State Limited athletically. Steady, tough, consistent. (Round 3)

91 DL Amobi Okoye 6-2 287 Louisville Awesome quickness, spin move. Enormous ability. (mid-Round 1)

92 DE Adam Carriker 6-6 292 Nebraska Versatile. Long arms. Big frame. Uses hands well. (mid-Round 1)

44 DE Jay Moore 6-5 275 Nebraska Good quickness. Explosive first step. Works hard. (Round 2 or 3)

95 DE Victor Abiamiri 6-4 271 Notre Dame Solid, tough, reliable. Good technique. Not flashy. (Round 2)

97 DL David Patterson 6-2 274 Ohio State Productive. Rotation possibility in NFL. (early- to mid-Day 2)

72 DL Tank Tyler 6-2 323 NC State Great production. Needs technique work. (late-Round 1 to Round 2)

90 DL Antonio Johnson 6-3 305 Mississippi State Has skills, but not super productive. Has gained quickness. (Day 2)

92 DE Chase Pittman 6-4 272 LSU Hustles. Somewhat limited. Could be NFL backup. (Round 5 or 6)

93 DL Ryan McBean 6-5 277 Oklahoma State Lots of upside. Gifted athlete. Can get into backfield. (Round 2 or 3)

94 DE Quentin Moses 6-5 249 Georgia Good edge rusher. Could play on feet in 3-4. Needs strength. (Round 2)

95 DE Ray McDonald 6-3 282 Florida Durability issues. Can play end or tackle. (Round 3 or 4)

99 DL Kareem Brown 6-4 303 Miami Underachiever. Has ability. (mid- to late-Day 2)

28 DB Tanard Jackson 6-0 192 Syracuse Physical, tough, athletic. Average cover skills. (Round 2)

17 DB Marcus McCauley 6-1 200 Fresno State Has physical and athletic skills. Needs to produce more. (Round 2 or 3)

22 DB Josh Gattis 6-1 206 Wake Forest Playmaker, but looked stiff in Mobile. (Round 3 or 4)

17 DB Kevin Payne 6-0 215 Louisiana-Monroe Versatile. Athleticism as safety. Will help on special teams. (Day 2)

Plays outside, but might be a solid player in GW system.

53 LB Stewart Bradley 6-4 256 Nebraska Good overall player. Versatile OLB. Rarely out of position. (Round 3 or 4)

7 LB Buster Davis 5-9 244 Florida State Very productive. Small, but rock solid. Great run defender. (late-Day 1)

30 LB Earl Everett 6-2 235 Florida Big factor at Florida, but protected by D-line. (late-Day 1 or early-Day 2)

GW project??

33 LB Rufus Alexander 6-1 227 Oklahoma Lots of talent. Lacked game-to-game consistency in 2006. (Round 3)

43 LB Tony Taylor 6-1 237 Georgia Tackling machine. Can he transition to NFL? (Day 2)

49 LB Patrick Willis 6-1 240 Ole Miss All over the field. Works through traffic. Tackling machine. (Round 2)

Possible Late picks

3 DB A.J. Davis 5-10 192 NC State Athletic. Not that big. Could play nickel. (Day 2)

51 LB H.B. Blades 5-11 237 Pittsburgh Good in college. Not super instinctive. Gets caught in traffic (Late rounder)

There's no way Willis falls to round 2. The guy is a beast. I'm beginning to fall more and more into the camp of those that think Kiper has no idea what he's talking about.

Kiper is not the only one:

Five Prospects Who Failed to Meet Expectations

1. Ryan Harris/OL/Notre Dame: Continuing what was a poor senior season, Harris was beaten regularly in Mobile. At one point he was chastised by Jon Gruden for allowing a sack on Thursday.

2. Marcus McCauley/CB/Fresno State: Another who struggled in '06, McCauley was beaten with regularity all week. His performance during Thursday's no pads practice was not good.

3. Patrick Willis/MLB/Mississippi: Willis gave good effort all week and looked strong in the box. Problem was he struggled making plays out to the sidelines or in reverse. He does not resemble the first-round talent many have pinned him to be.

4. Quentin Moses/DE/Georgia: The Bulldogs pass rusher checked in much lighter than expected at 249 pounds and was handled all week by blockers. During interviews, Moses did not come off as a confident individual.

5. Troy Smith/QB/Ohio State: While Smith was accurate with his short and intermediate passes, his long throws were off. Smith did not display the ability to drive the deep pass and was rarely on the mark downfield

Jsharrin has a point. Kiper's big board and mock drafts don't usually match up. His big board is who he thinks are the best players. His mock draft take into account team needs. For example, he has Calvin Johnson ranked number 1 on his Big board but he doesn't think he will be the first pick.

Jsharrin has a point. Kiper's big board and mock drafts don't usually match up. His big board is who he thinks are the best players. His mock draft take into account team needs. For example, he has Calvin Johnson ranked number 1 on his Big board but he doesn't think he will be the first pick.

Even if some of these parts are questionable, he has a huge list of guys and I really like that he has projections for the later guys. We talk about OL or DL depth with are 5,6,7 it is more fun to be able to talk some names. Even if the overall seems wrong or misguided there is a lot of info to take in.

I'm starting to become a believer in Carriker. He's big, and seems to be getting good reviews from everything that I've read. Nfldraftcoundown.com has a day to day review of the practice notes, and he's more than held his own. I'm not saying we should definetly trade back until we see what happens at the combine, and at the pro-day's that guys have. If Branch runs a 4.5, or if Jamal Anderson does as well, then I'd say we have to get either one of those guys.

Archived