Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Team Needs (Fanball.com)

Portis4President

uhm........9/11?????? obviously you dont understand the philosophy of football. IF you havent noticed, we had 19 sacks last season......19. meaning, no pass rush. no pass rush make the jobs of our entire defense that much harder. Sean Taylor broke 100+ tackles, and when u have your safety breaking 100+ tackles, tht means your front 4 arent doing ****. u pass rush, u win games, u make CBs and LBs look good. Football 101.

so whats the phrase of the day? PASS RUSH.

a non oft injured CB and a trade back for RYAN CLARK would be nice. :silly:

Tell us how you really feel :D

Hard to disagree with what you said though.

We can only afford 1, one, uno, un high priced FA this year. Especially if we stay at #6, because we are going to need to shell out money to:

#6 pick

Dockery

1 FA

I don't believe this is true...Every year we are many millions over the cap before the FA signing period even begins yet we still manage a couple big $ pick ups. This year we are only a couple bucks over the cap so I reckon we can sign just about anybody we need.

I would not be surprised to see us go after Jarrett. The kid is a beast and the options at LB, CB, and DE are not as impressive as they have been in years past. Combine that with the stellar play of Golston (A ROOKIE) this year and the assumed improvement in his sophmore season and with the play of Andre Carter in December when he had 4 sacks and 33 tackles in his final 5 games.

We also have to consider the fact that it appears Lloyd isn't playing too nicely with his teammates and the coaches.

All these things could combine for WR being drafted at #6 instead of D-line....

Oh yeah the When was the last time we drafted D-line when we needed it???

Im not convinced with this WR posibility. Our greatest needs are in the D-LINE. Alan Branch (DT) is our best shot to get back to the 2005 form. Him, combined with a good FA CB and a DE.

In the offensive side we should be fine if we resign Dockery and keep the combo Portis-Betts. Remember Redskins Football?

RUN BABY. RUN, RUN, RUN.

WR will be our first round choice in the 2008 NFL draft.

:dallasuck

How about a GM and new owner?

Honest question here ... what exactly is the motivation for this post?

This is a thread clearly about a specific site's take on the Skins offseason personnel moves. Is trying to turn it into yet another in the endless stream of Snyder and Cerrato Sucks threads constructive, original or helpful to the flow of the board in any way?

If they go WR, I will beat my head against a wall into unconciousness.

If Anderson, Adams (who I am not sold on, yet) or Branch are not there (and I think one of thems should be)..then drop WAY down, get Carriker or Willis and some more picks.

:gus: Gus is that you? All jokes aside, I agree. As much as I like Calvin Johnson, I'll be pulling a Gus if we draft him. We really need some D-Line help. The draft seems to be deep when it comes to the D-line. If we can't get Anderson, Branch, or Adams we should still be able to trade down and still get two solid D-line prospects. The only way I would approve of us taking Calivn Johnson is if we can pull an Eli Manning style trade and get way more value than we should for him.

Our problem is we only have 4 players on defense worth a damn. (McIntosh will be good as well but we haven seen enough to tell whether or not hes gonna be consistent.)

Taylor

Washington

Griffin

Springs

The rest is patchwork with no depth whatsoever. QB's loved to play against us. After an offseason where they learned our smoke screen blitz's, it was like stealing candy from a baby from that point.

London would be a good sign to me, allowing Marshall to move over while grooming Rocky to take over slowly. Rocky's shown some flashes of being an impact player, however I truly believe the reason he wasn't cracking the lineup is because he just wasn't grasping where he needed to be consistently, not because of GW's ego like some think.

Pierson should help solidify safety for us most likely coming in on some 3rd downs, and it may help to bring back a veteran presence like Vincent to help ST if it's cap possibly after filling all our greater needs first. I'm not sure on moving Springs to safety, he could be a good answer for the coverage safety we desparately need, I just wonder if he'd be comfortable in the safety spot. AA reminds me of Matt Bowen, only with a much fatter wallet. I actually think he'd be OK if we got consistent pressure, and could play a vital role in helping create that pressure. You can't expect him to cover anyone for an extended amount of time, and the same goes for the rest of our dbs. I think the backfield will benefit greatly from a much improved line and lb play, although I'd like to see us sign a nickel cb with starting potential in case Rogers or Springs is out, which we know is highly possible.

Clements and Samuel are great CBs, and I wouldn't be at all upset if we signed either one of them, I just don't think we need to break the bank once again on the prized free agents this offseason. This always seems to cause more harm than good, and places high expectations that at this point, are not warranted with how badly our D played last year.

I think that we should look to get a more affordable CB like Randall Gay or Roderick Hood to serve as our nickle back and provide some insurance in case Springs or Rogers go down. I don't think that we should move Springs to safety.

At DE, Cory Redding would be nice but I think the Lions will work hard to resign him. I think that Justin Smith will command a pretty decent contract so I am a little hesitant to rely on getting him. I would love to get Charles Grant.

Donnie Edwards at MLB would be great addition.

Branch would be my pick at #6 if we were to stay there. That would take care of CB, DE, MLB and DL.

Archived