Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it shock you to see us persue Clements and Samuels?

chaught76

Would it shock you to see us persue Clements and Samuels?

I am not advocating we do this, but I got to thinking about how we rushed in FA last and signed 2 WR, when we only needed one. With Springs possibly transitioning to SS and Rogers still developing, does anyone here think we might repeat last years WR rush, only with CB this year?

no way we sign both. clements will already demand a fortune, and im sure samuels wont be cheap either. plus rogers is actually very good, people just dont give him any credit because he drops interceptions all over the place. hes still young and i think he'll be fine, he even showed some signs that he could be a true number 1 in the future.

Samuels and Clements would cost double what they paid for ARE and Lloyd. I doubt they'll get either. The Jets and their $28 mil under the cap will surely go for Samuels if the Patroits don't franchise him. Those two teams have a history of stealing players/coaches from each other.

I can see us going after both, especially with Springs possibly moving to SS. I'm not sure if I agree with that move but we'll see. I also think even if Springs stays at CB we could target both Clements and Samuel because Springs is getting up there in age.

That is exactly the reason you need to have draft picks because they are much cheaper.

To get both Clements (40 M in 6 years) and Samuels (30 M in 5 years), you probably need to hand out 70 millions contracts and 25 million signing bonus.

On the other hand, you could sign both a No.1 and A no.2 draft picks for 15 mollions total.

Where's all this talk about "if we have cap room" coming from? If there's one thing that being a Redskin fan should have taught all of us it's that Danny WILL find away to end up well enough under the cap to get any player he wants. A restructure here, cut a player there, the caps yearly increase and presto we are 15 million under the cap.

With the money Danny has to avoid cap ramifications it wouldn't shock me to see the Skins at least talk to both of them, although I'm a firm believer in the GW-Clements connection. Were any of us shocked we signed 2 big name WR's last year? NO!!!. So it would stand to think the Skins will consider both of them.

Won't happen. I have a feeling that Gibbs has learned their lessons from this year. I see them going after one bigtime free agent this year and then going for value guys after the free agency period cools down. Aside from that this team will be built off ther 6th pick and either what we do with it or what we trade down and accumulate for it.....

Its also very possible that both Clements and Samuel get franchised......Trading the #6 pick for either would be an enormous mistake that the Skins would have made in previous seasons, but I think they wouldn't anymore after being burnt on the Lloyd and Duckett deals....

Won't happen. I have a feeling that Gibbs has learned their lessons from this year. I see them going after one bigtime free agent this year and then going for value guys after the free agency period cools down. Aside from that this team will be built off ther 6th pick and either what we do with it or what we trade down and accumulate for it.....

Its also very possible that both Clements and Samuel get franchised......Trading the #6 pick for either would be an enormous mistake that the Skins would have made in previous seasons, but I think they wouldn't anymore after being burnt on the Lloyd and Duckett deals....

The only problem with your idea is how do you define a "value guy"? Most teams have a clear definition of a big time free agent and a value pickup. When you have a team that operates with a blank check policy then you naturally want as many impact players as you can land. Or we pay value guys big time player money, see any FA move made during the last six years.

If I'm not mistaken Clements contract does not allow the Bills to franchise him this time around, Samuels on the other hand will probably get the tag. Our draft and what we do with the sixth pick will be decided by what we do in FA, again completely backwards from the way winning teams approach FA and the draft.

Archived