Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Dallas Staggers to Finish Line

waterwagen

Oh how sweet it is...

Dallas staggers to finish line

By Ken Daley

Special to ESPN.com

Twelve teams are about to embark upon an NFL playoff chase they hope will culminate with a Super Bowl championship Feb. 4. It's safe to say none is as demoralized as the Cowboys.

Dallas staggers into Saturday's NFC wild-card game in Seattle having lost three of its past four games in disturbing fashion, culminating in back-to-back home losses to Philadelphia and lowly Detroit. The boos at Texas Stadium the past two weeks might still be ringing in the Cowboys' ears as they venture into noisy Qwest Field, where the defending NFC champion Seahawks have won 15 of their past 18 games.

"It's going to be a tough place to play," said Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee. "Everybody knows that's one of the best home-field advantage places in the NFL."

The Seahawks opened as three-point favorites, not because they've shown so much during their 9-7 season but because the Cowboys have showed so little lately.

Dallas was 8-4 and leading the NFC East by two games with four to play before losing home games to New Orleans, Philadelphia and Detroit by a combined score of 104-55. Only a 38-28 victory in Atlanta in Week 15 prevented coach Bill Parcells' team from ending the season on a four-game losing streak.

The Cowboys coughed up the division title to the Eagles but hoped to regain a modicum of confidence and momentum in Sunday's season finale against Detroit. Instead, the Lions scored on four of six possessions in each half en route to a 39-31 upset that Parcells called "a low point for me."

"I can't tell you how disappointed I am," Parcells said after that game. "I really can't."

Full Article

Seattle lost 3 of its last 4 too.

You know it's pretty funny. Every time I turn it on the TV or look on the internet. The way the media people are talking about this game, they are acting like we have a 5-11 record and are playing the 85' Bears.

I haven't seen many people give us a chance in this game. So Im hoping we come up with nothing to lose and silence them.

Trufant, Williams, Herndon, Hackett all out :)

That should help somewhat.

If not, :doh:

You know it's pretty funny. Every time I turn it on the TV or look on the internet. The way the media people are talking about this game, they are acting like we have a 5-11 record and are playing the 85' Bears.

I haven't seen many people give us a chance in this game. So Im hoping we come up with nothing to lose and silence them.

I actually think its a pretty even matchup. The only reason I'd give it to Seattle is the home field advantage. Romo sits to pee is young, new, and going on the road to a very loud stadium ain't gonna help his cause.

you sure silenced everybody. tony Romo sits to pee for president!

you sure silenced everybody. tony Romo sits to pee for president!
What's really funny is that when he was running for the endzone, with the ball in his hands, he was moving like he thought he was going to run right in. And then the Seasparrow player clipped from behind, JUST short of the first down and goal line.

:D

Oh how sweet it is!!!

I never laughed so much at someone elses expence in years. Talk about entertainment.

I was sitting here thinking "This is the most pressure situation you can put on a guy. Watch the new kicker choke" and then here happens the Tony Romo sits to pee fumble bumble, followed by an emotion thinking he's going to get the TD, followed by another fumble.

Again, I keep saying to the world, how stupid do you have to be to vote a first time starter who has not even played over half the season, let alone hasn't played well into the pro bowl?

That said, even though I'm all smiles, I still feel kind of bad for Tony Romo sits to pee. I mean he never asked for the "anointing" superstar treatment and never acted like he was. He never outspoke or called attention to himself, yet the media put it on him. Even if he didn't deserve it. The bottom line is he's a really nice guy, and I never saw a Pro Football player that depressed in all my life. The poor soul looked like he could kill himself!

I guess that just teaches the world to check your enthusiasm, and be more humble over others.

I mean dang. You mention ONE word about the guy dating Jessica Simpson no matter how false and the guy's a superstar! And if it's not Jessica Simpson it's Carrie Underwood. Talk about going from Stud to Dud! The flavor of the month has just gone sour! :D

Poor Tony. Life will be so much better for him now that the pressure to be Joe Montanna is gone.

That said, even though I'm all smiles, I still feel kind of bad for Tony Romo sits to pee. I mean he never asked for the "anointing" superstar treatment and never acted like he was. He never outspoke or called attention to himself, yet the media put it on him. Even if he didn't deserve it. The bottom line is he's a really nice guy, and I never saw a Pro Football player that depressed in all my life. The poor soul looked like he could kill himself!

Actually, Parcells says in that article that Romo sits to pee DID get overconfident. According to Parcells that's why he's played like junk lately.

Archived