Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Champ Bailey - Defensive Player Of the Year

sitting bull

Most of Reed's INT's came in Dec. His team is the 2nd seed in the AFC.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302218/splits/2006

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133217

stats don't lie. Reed had a more positive impact on his defense than an CB in the league this year. Law, Bailey, Newman, Jammer, etc.

I don't think Reed is even the most valuable defender on his own team (although that's not saying much - they are stacked). I'd give that nod to Ngata; without him, their entire defense is like 2005 again....pathetic. :)

Most of Reed's INT's came in Dec. His team is the 2nd seed in the AFC.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302218/splits/2006

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133217

stats don't lie. Reed had a more positive impact on his defense than an CB in the league this year. Law, Bailey, Newman, Jammer, etc.

I hope no one is in doubt of Reed's continued dominance in Baltimore.

It took some time, but Reed is the unquestioned leader of the best defense in the league.

I don't think Reed is even the most valuable defender on his own team (although that's not saying much - they are stacked). I'd give that nod to Ngata; without him, their entire defense is like 2005 again....pathetic. :)

That's an excellent point. However, I still think Reed is at least the best DB in the NFL right now.

back to Champ for a second and big games. In my head I remember him getting beat for 2 TD's in the AFC title game last year. One to Ward which I understand, and one to Cedric Wilson. In Denver? Come on.

I agree...Reed is a difference maker in the secondary. Not sure you can compare all DBs, but I'd rather have Reed on my squad than Bailey...

Makes me wonder why we didnt give all of that money to him instead of Arch

I take great pride in it...it was friggin' awesome. Champ is supposed to be the best one-on-one corner in the NFL, and Santana made him his *****.

Those pictures were taken by my Canon Rebel XT from my seats in Aloha Stadium. :) I was kinda drunk from the tailgate, so I forgot to put the camera on the "action" setting; otherwise the pics would have been a lot better. Go here for more if you're interested.

Canon seems to be the popular brand among professionals, I don't know the difference. I hope you got express written permission of the national football league and it's subsidiaries.

jrock, if Champ never left and put up the same level of performance in a Skins uniform, something tells me you'd be in this very thread, argueing how it is a no-brainer for him to be DPOY and a lock for the hall of fame.

Your rantings come off as sour grapes, no offense.

jrock, if Champ never left and put up the same level of performance in a Skins uniform, something tells me you'd be in this very thread, argueing how it is a no-brainer for him to be DPOY and a lock for the hall of fame.

Your rantings come off as sour grapes, no offense.

There are a few sour grapes in there, yeah. Its friggin' annoying that the Danny chased Bailey off. Its annoying that he wanted to leave so badly, that another team was able to rape us in a trade for him. Those things leave a bad taste in your mouth for sure.

However, I'm posting my honest opinions of the guy, and I would be saying the same things if he was in the B&G. I think its a little early yet to annoint him "one of the best ever" just yet...:2cents:

If he has a good chance for the Hall of Fame, as you agreed with, then you havce to say he is one of the best ever, correct?

No...the Hall of Fame has proven to be a popularity contest, just like the pro-bowl. If a guy gets enough press during his career (deserved or not), he's probably going in. And let's face it...Bailey has had a lot of undeserving press in his career (not this past season). :2cents:

wait, so its Jason Taylor then? Interesting, nice job ESPN.

Edit: NM the title of this thread was misleading. It wasn't a announcement link, it was a opinion on why Champ should be DPOY. That is certainly not what I thought when I read the title. And yes it is officially Taylor.

Archived