Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

who is worse, kenny wright or warrick holdman?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

each of them in my opinion are 2 of the worst defensive players in the league. kenny wright without fail gets torched in man coverage. the second he came into the game i said to my friends the game was over cause bulger would target his side constantly. and low and behold, bulger threw for 388 yards and 4 TDs. then we have warrick holdman, who teams have admitted they run to his side because hes that bad. he also muffed a sure fire touchdown stopping blitz yesterday that anyone other than him would have stopped. it actually looked like a botched Madden 07 play, but then we remember, its warrick holdman. so my question is, who is worse???

i feel kenny wright is servicable, IF HE ONLY PLAYS IN ZONE PACKAGES!!! notice how when kenny wright is just occupying one portion of the field hes ok? the second they match him up 1-1, hes the worst corner in football. ive yet to see him keep up with any WR all season long. holdman is just plain worthless. theres nothing that he does whatsoever that would warrant keeping him on this team. he cant tackle, he gets blocked out of every play, hes the #1 target for teams on running plays, hes just horrendous. so warrick holdman, you get the award for worst player on the redskins. kenny wright, in man coverage you actually scare me more than holdman, but hopefully you just stay in zone for the rest of your career. 1-1 is NOT your friend.

Holdman sucks big time, but there is another player that sucks almost as much as he does, and that is Brady James of the Cowboys. Man he sucks. Watching him the other day was real comic relief. But Holdman should not be in a Redskin's uniform next year, period. Hopefully Rocky will pan out, but Holdman's ass needs to go.

Gotta love the Holdman hate. I'd bet half of the posters here hate Holdman just because they heard everyone else hates him.

He's not the best,,,but he's far from the worst. He is within 10 tackles from Washington.

I guess 10 tackles is the difference between saint and sap around here.

Have you watched any games? Holdman is like the Invisible Man out there. He had 7 tackles in the past 4 games before the Rams game. That's Mr. Irrelevant right there. The guy puts up ZERO stats. He had 1 good year.....and it was 5 years ago. The guy has only exceeded 80 tackles once in 8 years.....he has 5 career sacks, 1 career INT, and 2 career recovered fumbles...in 8 years. That averages out to about 64 tackles, .6 sacks, and .1 INTs a year.

I'll be the first to admit that our defense is lacking in several areas...however, the biggest gap is right down good old Highway 57.

And since Pgitta wants to compare Marcus to Holdman, let's do that.

Marcus has 32.5 career sacks in 7 years

Holdman has 5 sacks in 8 years

Marcus has exceed 80 tackles in 5 out of 7 years

Holdman has exceeded 80 tackles in 1 out of 8 years

Marcus has recovered 7 fumbles in 7 years

Holdman has recovered 2 fumbles in 8 years

Marcus scored a TD in 2001

Holdman fell down trying to stop a TD last week

Please don't mention Warrick Holdman in the same sentence with Marcus Washington...it makes the baby jebus cry.

Gotta love the Holdman hate. I'd bet half of the posters here hate Holdman just because they heard everyone else hates him.

He's not the best,,,but he's far from the worst. He is within 10 tackles from Washington.

I guess 10 tackles is the difference between saint and sap around here.

it is not the tackles he has it is the tackles he has missed!!!!

he looked like a 40 year old ( a bad one) in a flag league trying to pull a flag on the TD sunday!

And since Pgitta wants to compare Marcus to Holdman, let's do that.

Marcus has 32.5 career sacks in 7 years

Holdman has 5 sacks in 8 years

Marcus has exceed 80 tackles in 5 out of 7 years

Holdman has exceeded 80 tackles in 1 out of 8 years

Marcus has recovered 7 fumbles in 7 years

Holdman has recovered 2 fumbles in 8 years

Marcus scored a TD in 2001

Holdman fell down trying to stop a TD last week

Please don't mention Warrick Holdman in the same sentence with Marcus Washington...it makes the baby jebus cry.

All that proves is that yes, MW is better than Holdman.

Not that Holdman is a worthless sack of useless...blah, blah, blah...

How far off of 80 was he, BTW? 75 make you useless, and somehow great with 81?

You just have a Holdman thing now, and nothing in the universe could convince you that he deserves to live.

Barring injuries of any kind to the #1 or #2 CB, did you ever notice how many times the #3 CB is on the field? Plus with SS, injuries and breathers are a possibility.

You can never have enough good corners, plus it would allow SS to move to safety in certain schemes!

True but Roger won't be benched... That's not how you develop a starting DB. Jammer was called a bust in SD, but the Chargers stuck with him and look at him now. He's ballin! You can sign another talented DB but not for the sake of benching a young talented DB.

That's total for all plays. He's 6 tackles from MW.

And even if it's 20, that's about 1.5 more plays a game for MW. You said it yourself. NOBODY'S having a good year.

You all need to stop overblowing everything and climb down off of this guy's back already.

I know you're trying to defend the dude and I'm not knocking it, but the offenses are running on Holdman's side for a reason. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Archived