Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pearl Jam

RyansRangers

Pearl Jam's 10 is one of the best debuts I've ever heard. EVERY songs is top-notch. I wore that one out for a long time. I've liked some of their stuff since, but not as avidly.

Caught them live a couple of years ago and was pretty disappointed, but to be fair a lot of that was the sound system. It was cr@p. I always thought they were a band that would thrive in a more intimate setting, anyway.

May have to check out the new stuff, though.

For anyone that's interested; The Onion AV Club did a little interview with Eddie Vedder (aka Edward Mueller) earlier in the month about the band's history (no more videos, etc), and the new album.

I agree that this is probably their best album since Vitalogy, but I haven't missed a single album, and all of them have something worthwhile.

The Onion AV Club Interview with Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam

Thanks for that link the interview was awesome.. I think this is the best album in a long time.. On Two legs the live album was good I had a hard time getting in to Binoraul. Ten was the greatest ever. Then Vitalogy, VS or 2against1, yield, and the world tour albums all are good..

Have you guys heard the JONES BEACH NEW YORK album where he picked a poem someone had written from the crowd and sang a song with it "ITS OKAY"!!!!!!!!! that was freakin unbelivable that song I know it was a remake but still awesome

• 8 years later...
The new cd from Eddie Vedder is really really good. It's called "Ukelele Songs", as you can guess it's all played on the Ukelele and it sounds great!

It took a couple of listens to get into it but I play it constantly now. Very laid back.

He also released a DVD of his concert at Warner Theatre in DC.

You guys got me with this bump. I was thinking PJ has a new disc out?

I guess I'm prejudging here but I can't imagine that ukelele disc is anything other than a train wreck.

Listen to any of the songs from "Into the Wild"? It's a bit like that.

The Ukelele is also featured quite a bit in more recent PJ albums.

• 4 months later...
Two things....

Did anyone catch the PJ 20 documentary on PBS last night. Truly Great. Put together by Cameron Crowe.

Also, Dogfish Head is putting out a PJ beer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/07/dogfish-head-pearl-jam-beer_n_999101.html

Great documentary...job well done by Crowe. I love the American Masters series. The Bob Marley, The Doors, and Marvin Gaye documentaries were great also.

Archived