Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Portis (Merged)

bricucci

I really don't think it's possible to get a 1st rounder for Portis but if we could I'd consider it. Not the 32nd pick though. At least a mid rounder. Portis is too good to just give away though. Anybody we draft will take 3-4 years to make a difference and that is why I don't see them doing it. This front office doesn't think that way.

I think that Maurice-Jones Drew is a second rounder and it has not taken him 3-4 years to make an impact. Portis himself was a second rounder and it did not take him 3-4 years to make a impact

The argument of not trading him because we can't get a first rounder for him is crazy. This is not the NBA there are going to be a lot of talent left in the second AND third rounds and we need as much talent as we can get.

AND NOT AT ONLY ONE POSITION!!! TWO VERY GOOD RUNNINGBACKS MAKES NO SENSE WHEN YOU ARE SORRY EVERYWHERE ELSE!!!!!

I think that Maurice-Jones Drew is a second rounder and it has not taken him 3-4 years to make an impact. Portis himself was a second rounder and it did not take him 3-4 years to make a impact

The argument of not trading him because we can't get a first rounder for him is crazy. This is not the NBA there are going to be a lot of talent left in the second AND third rounds and we need as much talent as we can get.

AND NOT AT ONLY ONE POSITION!!! TWO VERY GOOD RUNNINGBACKS MAKES NO SENSE WHEN YOU ARE SORRY EVERYWHERE ELSE!!!!!

Actually, it makes sense to carry two running backs for us. We would have two good runningbacks that can help carry the load if our young QB struggles. If our passing game is struggling or Campbell is having an off day, Portis and Betts will be great weapons to use for games like that. Could you imagine how many yards we would have if say both backs got the ball 20+ times?

:logo:

Actually, it makes sense to carry two running backs for us. We would have two good runningbacks that can help carry the load if our young QB struggles. If our passing game is struggling or Campbell is having an off day, Portis and Betts will be great weapons to use for games like that. Could you imagine how many yards we would have if say both backs got the ball 20+ times?

:logo:

:doh: How many yards have we been making in the past 3 years? Nothing amazing, huh? We have not been and are not going to run them an equal amount of time. We are only going to see Betts on third downs and just a few times to spell Portis on other downs. THAT is going to waste Betts' talents

TALENTED BODIES ARE NEEDED ON THIS TEAM!!!

WE NEED TALENT EVERYWHERE NOT JUST AN OVERLOAD IN ONE POSITION!!!

PERIOD!!

While we're at it lets trade Cooley, Moss, Lloyd, Taylor, Golston, Washington, Thomas, etc.

Because whats the point of having good players if we're just gonna complain if they get hurt?

:doh: No one is complaining about Portis because he is hurt. Where do you people keep coming up with this stuff from?

It is about ideas of putting together a better team. The Colts got rid of a much better back than Portis and made their team a much better team with a rookie prospect who turned out to be pretty good...No I am not speaking of Edge for Adai...I am speaking of Faulk for Edge

It happens all the time Portis is not the best thing that ever happened to the 'SKins

:doh: How many yards have we been making in the past 3 years? Nothing amazing, huh? We have not been and are not going to run them an equal amount of time. We are only going to see Betts on third downs and just a few times to spell Portis on other downs. THAT is going to waste Betts' talents

PERIOD!!

How many times have we had them on the field at the same time? I am pretty sure that its been quite minimal. Betts has proven that he can be a good receiver out of the backfield.

We have talent on this team, we don't have passion. Stop complaining that we have 2 good running backs. I swear that we have the most ridiculous fans in the NFL.

How many times have we had them on the field at the same time? I am pretty sure that its been quite minimal. Betts has proven that he can be a good receiver out of the backfield.

We have talent on this team, we don't have passion. Stop complaining that we have 2 good running backs. I swear that we have the most ridiculous fans in the NFL.

What is ridiculous is you coming up with a stupid scenario that is not going to happen.

It would make sense to keep both if we had a plethora of talent everywhere else but it does not when you have two guys who, if given enough carries, could rush for 1300 yards in a season but one of them is going to be mainly sitting when either of them could be used in a trade so that we can get someone in here who can tackle.

if you think trading betts or portis, that is completly foolish.. duckett will not be resigned and im sure we wants to go elsewhere. again, have u seen the number of teams going with a 2 back set up and they can handle if one of them gets injuired.. betts is a relative cheap backup and its foolish to get rid of him.. 1 injury to our rbs and the seasons over

if you think trading betts or portis, that is completly foolish.. duckett will not be resigned and im sure we wants to go elsewhere. again, have u seen the number of teams going with a 2 back set up and they can handle if one of them gets injuired.. betts is a relative cheap backup and its foolish to get rid of him.. 1 injury to our rbs and the seasons over

Those are not the only 3 runningbacks in the NFL picking up a backup would not be that difficult . We are definitely not going to a 2 tailback back set. If the FO even talked about that Portis would cry like a freakin' baby. Like he did when he got hurt making that horrible looking tackle

But I see that making sensible suggestions here is fruitless.

Hell the way yall are riding Portis' sack you would think that he was Tomlinson when he can't even hold LT's jock strap

Those are not the only 3 runningbacks in the NFL picking up a backup would not be that difficult . We are definitely not going to a 2 tailback back set. If the FO even talked about that Portis would cry like a freakin' baby. Like he did when he got hurt making that horrible looking tackle

Hell the way yall are riding Portis' sack you would think that he was Tomlinson when he can't even hold LT's jock strap

Why are you even a Redskins fan if you don't support the heart and soul of this team?

Please, since you want to hold LT's jock strap so much, go be a Chargers fan. :doh:

Why are you even a Redskins fan if you don't support the heart and soul of this team?

Please, since you want to hold LT's jock strap so much, go be a Chargers fan. :doh:

I am a Redskins fan because that is the team that I chose to be a fan of...I did not think to contact you when I was making that decision 34 years ago and I will not ask for your acceptance to be one now...HAIL TO THE REDSKINS ....AND....

TO HELL WITH TAYLORPICKSIX

portis doesn't need to be playing in the preseason.. i think the sign of betts sent a message we are goign to a 2 back system.. portis is top 5 back when healthy. oh i forget that LT has one of the best all time FB blocking for him and one hell of a offensive line..

portis doesn't need to be playing in the preseason.. i think the sign of betts sent a message we are goign to a 2 back system.. portis is top 5 back when healthy. oh i forget that LT has one of the best all time FB blocking for him and one hell of a offensive line..

and you are saying that having a halfback that people here are saying can't block for nothing blocking for Portis is going to help his running game? With both of them in the same backfield together you know that Betts will be called on to block sometimes too right?

Our offensive line has been looking like a hell of one with Betts in there

we finally have a qb that teams have to respect the downball.. and this will open up running lanes.. also i think that the offensive line is finally getting used to what al saudners is asking them what to do.. im not saying we run a 2 back system where both are in the backfield but a priest holmes/LJ combination.. both have series to show off. what i am suggesting is that we get a real FB, and sorry Mike sellers is not a fb that we can count on to pass block..

honestly i think this offseason we need to find a true FB and true blocking TE.. cooley has been hampered all season with the responsibility of blocking and it has limited his ability in the passing game.

i also believe that a reason the running game has worked is with the addition of another O-line as a TE..

we finally have a qb that teams have to respect the downball.. and this will open up running lanes.. also i think that the offensive line is finally getting used to what al saudners is asking them what to do.. im not saying we run a 2 back system where both are in the backfield but a priest holmes/LJ combination.. both have series to show off. what i am suggesting is that we get a real FB, and sorry Mike sellers is not a fb that we can count on to pass block..

honestly i think this offseason we need to find a true FB and true blocking TE.. cooley has been hampered all season with the responsibility of blocking and it has limited his ability in the passing game.

i also believe that a reason the running game has worked is with the addition of another O-line as a TE..

Portis would whine like a newborn if they take the ball out of his hands like that

but whatever it takes to help the Redskins win games is what I am for. If they was to keep both backs and win games I would be ecstatic...If we would trade Portis and win games I would be thrilled ...if we would trade Betts and win games I would be elated...if we trade Moss, Cooley, Taylor or Samuels and win games I would be overjoyed that goes for any other moves that it takes to get us back to winning football games and it goes from Snyder to the last man on the bench it does not matter to me

JUST WIN BABY!!!

I'm sure if Clinton wasn't injured we wouldn't even be arguing over this thread, POINT BLANK... Now that C-PO got injured some fans want to trade him for the lack of production. But next when Clinton racks over 1,300 yards everyone gonna love him and I'll bet they will all change their minds!

I'm sure if Clinton wasn't injured we wouldn't even be arguing over this thread, POINT BLANK... Now that C-PO got injured some fans want to trade him for the lack of production. But next when Clinton racks over 1,300 yards everyone gonna love him and I'll bet they will all change their minds!

If he is the featured runner I hope to heck he gets more than 1300 yards my friend...the top 3 backs already has over 1400 yards this year the th is right at 1300 and Willie Parker (who is not considered elite and who Betts, I think, is better than) is right at 1200 it looks as thought the top 12 or 13 rushers will be close to 1300...so I hope for the money Portis makes that he can give us more than that and some touchdowns

We ain't going anywhere if don't over haul that defense. We have like three picks in the upcoming draft and are like 3 million under the cap. And, with the way we draft, we will probably do something stupid, like trade them away, or draft worthless type playrs, which we tend to do. That is why this franchise is so behind the eight ball.

Our top five defense of three years ago had the likes of Arrington, Pierce, Smoot, W. Harris, R. Clark. And, because our corners were good, it allowd S. Taylor to have an immediate impact, something he has not been able to do this year.

To me Portis is the most marketable guy on this team. If it means moving him to get some draft picks, then I would do it. Getting a solid back is probably one of the easier postions to feel in the NFL.

We just don't know how to draft and exchange value for value until we get a GM that knows what he's doing. Why do we trade Portis to Denver and throw in a second round pick, when Bailey probably has a better chance of going to the Hall of Fame then Portis does right now. Yet, we throw in a second.

I smart GM does not think anyone is above the team unless you're a Peyton Manning, or L.T. type level. And, Clinton is not at that level. If Betts finishes the years strong, I would have to consider everything.

Saunders helped make Priest Holmes and L. Johnson, and seems to be doing the same thing with Betts. If we do move Portis I would look to draft a back in the mid rounds to back up Ladell.

However, until we get a GM. We will continue to squander talent and draft picks.

We ain't going anywhere if don't over haul that defense. We have like three picks in the upcoming draft and are like 3 million under the cap. And, with the way we draft, we will probably do something stupid, like trade them away, or draft worthless type playrs, which we tend to do. That is why this franchise is so behind the eight ball.

Our top five defense of three years ago had the likes of Arrington, Pierce, Smoot, W. Harris, R. Clark. And, because our corners were good, it allowd S. Taylor to have an immediate impact, something he has not been able to do this year.

To me Portis is the most marketable guy on this team. If it means moving him to get some draft picks, then I would do it. Getting a solid back is probably one of the easier postions to feel in the NFL.

We just don't know how to draft and exchange value for value until we get a GM that knows what he's doing. Why do we trade Portis to Denver and throw in a second round pick, when Bailey probably has a better chance of going to the Hall of Fame then Portis does right now. Yet, we throw in a second.

I smart GM does not think anyone is above the team unless you're a Peyton Manning, or L.T. type level. And, Clinton is not at that level. If Betts finishes the years strong, I would have to consider everything.

Saunders helped make Priest Holmes and L. Johnson, and seems to be doing the same thing with Betts. If we do move Portis I would look to draft a back in the mid rounds to back up Ladell.

However, until we get a GM. We will continue to squander talent and draft picks.

:applause: :applause: :applause: well said newera it's about the wins not the names and the faces.

If Clinton can bring us people that can help us to win games and we can continue getting production out of Betts then CP has got to go

You all are absolutely bonkers. The fact is we are not "sorry" at every position. We are sorry because we have no chemistry. You think the defense sucks because we lost the likes of Ryan Clark, and Lavar Arrington? Get real! Getting rid of portis is like Taking the engine out of a ferrari because your ford has been running well.

Sometimes I am ashamed of the skins fans here. A losing season is tough to swallow no matter what, but you can't start throwing away your best players. Portis will be back hungry and ready to make up for this year. You will be the same ones wearing #26 jersies and chearing him when he shreds defenses next year!

The fact that we are last in the league in sacks, say's to me, we don't have top level talent on defense. Certainly not with our front seven. We obviously wasted a top nine pick on Carlos Rogers.

We now find out he can't cover one on one. And, realized he played mostly zone at Auburn. Walt Harris was defensive player of the month in November, starting in San Fran. However, we let him go. And feel the position with Rogers.

We keep Harris, we could have then drafted Sean Merrimum or Demarcus Ware. These are critical errors being made by this team.

It such errors that make a Portis expendable for the right price. However, if we don't get a competent GM in here, we will miss that up to. Joe has proven he's not a personell guy.

Bobby Beathard is looking better and better by the game for his ability to bring in talent. Joe needs to coach. He got an offensive co-ordinator this year. He needs to bring a General Manager this year.

Offer Beathard the house to come out of retirment Danny Boy.

Guest Rafterman

PERIOD!!

People are putting way to much stock in Portis. He's a fine running back, no argument there. But what they fail too see is that RB's are a dime a dozen in this league. There average life expectancy is 4 years, 4 years.

Your assessment is spot on.

Archived