Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Portis

Robbnva

Portis goes - Then Taylor goes and Santana goes

That's what happens when you let the players run your team. If that is the case, then let all of them go. We are 4-8 and to me nobody is exspendible. I say trade Portis for some picks and resign Taylor to a new contract. If he shows an attitude, move on. I love how you guys want to hold on to players that have not done anything but be inconsistent. Don't get me wrong, I love Sean Taylor but he makes three greats plays and blows three coverages and you guys think he is a hall of famer. I want wins not names. So if we can win games trade all of them. I don't give a @#$%.

if we trade or cut potis its over 10 mil dead cap

sean taylor has a small contract and hes has better value in the market then clinton portis

both clinton portis and sean taylor doesnt fit the offensive & defensive scheme

so we have to trade the one who will bring more value and less dead cap which is sean taylor

since you fans want to trade our superstars for draft picks

since most of you guys bring up how well we are running the ball without portis

i dont think it will hurt our defense if sean taylor was traded

we cant be any worse right? i mean we are the worst defense in nfl whats after #32?

Stop eating yellow snow.... We can't trade either player for cap reasons or moral reasons. Offensively we are set.. I think the Defense will take a season or two to fix because of all the bone head releases of quality backups and shot to hell deals like with Arch that wasn't a deluxe.

let me kill this thread real quick...

our o-line is fine

Portis is our franchise back

and

we've been using the same running schemes (with one twist) that Portis was running behind

thread over.

BINGO!!!! right on the dot, and to the thread starter, uhm where do you get that Portis isnt Gibbs kinda running back??? i swear Gibbs was the one that HAD TO HAVE HIM!!! he traded and 1st rounder and Champ for him, thats NUTS. and he isnt Gibbs running back HA:doh:

Stop eating yellow snow.... We can't trade either player for cap reasons or moral reasons. Offensively we are set.. I think the Defense will take a season or two to fix because of all the bone head releases of quality backups and shot to hell deals like with Arch that wasn't a deluxe.

i dont wana trade them

i was just using sean taylor as a example since their are so many trade portis threads

Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, Clinton Portis.

Those are the only running backs in NFL history to exceed 1300 rushing yards in their first 4 seasons. - Portis is the only one to do it for 2 different teams.

Enough said right there. :applause: You don't trade any player who can put up those stats to the like of Hall of Famers.

Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders, Clinton Portis.

Those are the only running backs in NFL history to exceed 1300 rushing yards in their first 4 seasons. - Portis is the only one to do it for 2 different teams.

...and Betts splitting duites with Portis will allow Clinton to play as long as Sanders did and not have to hang it up early like the other mentioned running back. Clinton stays and Portis and Betts make one helluva 1-2 combo splitting carries. Portis doesn't need any more than 20 a game.

This is hilarious! Do you wanna know what this guy sounds like?

Clinton Portis is one of the most productive Running Backs in NFL history before he got hurt this season. That is right. One of the most productive backs in NFL history. Remember all those threads everybody(including me) said CP will be in the HOF someday?

I really find it funny that just everybody forgot how good CP is an now they want Ladell to start instead of CP.

You can kinda say the same about Portis

Your right. Portis is overrated and is really just an elite back in a Denver/Atlanta zone blocking system.

Thats why he ran for over 1,300 Rushing Yards on an offense that had no offensive line, a rookie qb, and stationary recievers. Then the very next season when he gets a tiny bit help he rushes for over 1,500 Rushing Yards and 10+ Touchdowns. Then the next season after that he hurts his shoulder. Then in that same season before he goes down again he was on pace to get the most touchdown he ever got here in Washington.

Not to mention he broke the Washington Redskins Rushing Yards record for a single season.

This is hilarious! Do you wanna know what this guy sounds like?

Clinton Portis is one of the most productive Running Backs in NFL history before he got hurt this season. That is right. One of the most productive backs in NFL history. Remember all those threads everybody(including me) said CP will be in the HOF someday?

I really find it funny that just everybody forgot how good CP is an now they want Ladell to start instead of CP.

I don't want to see Portis gone, but if he continues to be a 25-30 carries guy he'll suffer the same fate as guys like Billy Simms, Earl Campbell and Priest Holmes. Portis gives 150% on every play and being the center of attention 25-30 plays a game, and blocking with a "balls to the wall" approach could easily shorten his career. Remember he's missed games for injuries in four of his five seasons in the league. The constant pounding will take its toll.

I believe the poster also was trying to say was Portis is the ony player we have that will get us some nice players and maybe a pick in return, he is valueable to get parts, we can live with Betts and Duckett.

I love Portis and hopes he stays here but to fix this mess we might need to get rid of some of the nice parts, we have no picks, we have no ability in the draft to do that we have make sacrifices.

Aside from the most delusional fan, I can understand what you're saying. But, who is going to make this call?

We need to get a GM in here pronto! I would certainly love to see Bobby Beathard come back since him and Gibbs are familiar with one another.

:logo:

Archived