Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Portis

Robbnva

Last time this happend we though we could replace Stephen Davis with Kenny Watson. Good Call. I'm happy with portis.

if it aint broke dont fix it...portis has 6 months to heal a body that hasnt truly rested in years..portis is going to comeback stronger than ever..betts is a career back up that is used to a system..if he were to start anywhere else i dont believe his success here would carry over..i hope he remains our back up and only our back up

Thank you for the few people who took the thread for how it was intended and included their reasons on why they agreed or disagreed with my subject. For people who just plain hated and provided no real reason as to why they disagreed with my post and apprantly do not know the meaning of hypothetical question. :silly:

Trading Portis= $11.5 million of accelerated signing bonus on cap next year

So whether it is a good idea scheme or skill wise is a moot point

No one should be able to advocate trading Portis until they figure out how we would cope with this teeny tiny problem.....

I love it when people say that "Portis is a great blocker and has heart" in all these threads makes me laugh.

I am glad we are playing him over 6 mil a year to be an exceptional blocker and someone that plays with heart, which these players are supposed to do anyway.

Actually we are paying him to run for 3300 yards in just over 32 games, the blocking and heart are great perks. You make me laugh.

maybe that is the problem, Portis mentioned when he came here all of his friends wanted to play with the skins for the $$$

I think Sean Taylor is gone once his contract his up honestly.

there is an easy easy fix to that snyder needs to quit doling out the big bucks and grab a few modest vets that would change everyons mind about him

ok portis is coming out with 2 injuries 2 surgery's

we cant even get a 2nd for him right now

when edge james looked for a trade no one even offered him a 3rd rounder

and portis has a big cap

not to mention ladell betts isnt that good hes turning 28 next year so in a year we will have to end up drafting a another RB

ladell betts is a injury prone

guys lets trade sean taylor hes young hes only 23 and he has more value to him then anyone else...........

and lets trade santana moss hes coming from a probowl season i think we can get a first for him.............

marcus washington too we could get a 2nd or a high 3rd for him

Funny you should suggest the defect is on our end.

It's simple economics. You can get a 2nd for Portis. (Hell, we gave up the best Defensive player in the NFL and a 2nd rounder to acquire him... Thanks Danny!). If you can get a 2nd for Portis, you can use that 2nd to improve at another position. Hell, you could use that second to get the kicker from Colorado. The improvement in our kicking game would be greater than the loss in our running game. Or we could get a quality SS. Or we could get a DE for depth. Or a nickel CB to take over for Kenny Wright. Whatever.

Now.... who "doesn't get it"?

I think you are the one who still doesnt get it If we do not throw in the second their is no deal for portis and champ walks He already said he was leaving. Snyder offered Champ the same contract portis got plus we wre able to pick up Springs with the extra money.

Seattle wanted us to give up a first for their running back and the jets were offering just their other running back that went to the raiders and a few other teams were mildly interested.

Now knowing if we dont throw in the second rounder we lose champ because he says 50 million is to low for him to sign and now we dont have Portis

Thank you for the few people who took the thread for how it was intended and included their reasons on why they agreed or disagreed with my subject. For people who just plain hated and provided no real reason as to why they disagreed with my post and apprantly do not know the meaning of hypothetical question. :silly:

Don't sweat it Robbnva. Some people are just going to except their opinions as being law. I can see where there are real arguments that would warrant not trading Portis but others do not know how to express themselves and when they try it comes out sounding arrogant...keep on threading....it is a reasonable request and if the trade were to made (which it is not going to happen) it would not be the first time that a team has traded a good RB and Portis would not be the best ever traded

Why?

How about come up with something better then that? Why dont you explain why you think his statement is crazy. Let me guess, because he can block and he has heart.

He probably can not come up with nothing better than that because he can not think of anything that can support any kind of argument of keeping him

How is betts a gibbs type back? If we gets hit once, you can guarantee he will have no YAC. Hell, Sellers is more of a Gibbs type back, then betts....You won't find a power back that runs like Riggo...He could carry 35+ times a game, if I'm not mistaken, yet...You think all RB can carry that much. LJ can, but LJ hasn't even played a full season, yet.

How is betts a gibbs type back? If we gets hit once, you can guarantee he will have no YAC. Hell, Sellers is more of a Gibbs type back, then betts....You won't find a power back that runs like Riggo...He could carry 35+ times a game, if I'm not mistaken, yet...You think all RB can carry that much. LJ can, but LJ hasn't even played a full season, yet.

I agree with you about Bettes not being the answer to replace Portis but I would still like him as a #2. I am all for trading Portis for a big receiver like Andre Johnson or Roy Williams and getting a RB in the draft especially if Adrian Peterson decides to go pro that would equal instant playoffs along with Santana and Cooley. We would still have not much of a defense but we would be able to score with anyone and we can work on the defense the following year but at least one piece of the puzzle would be straightened out. We are not going to be able to fix eveything in one year with the few draft picks that we have.

I agree with you about Bettes not being the answer to replace Portis but I would still like him as a #2. I am all for trading Portis for a big receiver like Andre Johnson or Roy Williams and getting a RB in the draft especially if Adrian Peterson decides to go pro that would equal instant playoffs along with Santana and Cooley. We would still have not much of a defense but we would be able to score with anyone and we can work on the defense the following year but at least one piece of the puzzle would be straightened out. We are not going to be able to fix eveything in one year with the few draft picks that we have.

Question...if the theory behind moving Portis is to strengthen the overall value of the team of dealing from a position of strength.....

How is trading for a WR part of that plan?

If anything, we should be trading WR's for value....not the other way around.

Now before I get the Haters please hear me out.

Portis is a great runningback with BIG NAME reckognition and Ladell Betts has been a career backup BUT

Ladell is on pace to have a 1000 yard rushing season this year and he wasn't even a starter until Portis was placed on IR. Also when old # 8 was the QB he was one of the team's leading receivers (yeah brunell couldn't throw downfield but still) Portis is not Joe Gibbs kind of runningback and the O-Line has had to adjust to block for Portis. Betts seems like Gibbs style running back AND he seems like Saunders style running back as well. If we trade Portis to some team who needs a big name running back like The Texans in exchange for soimebody else or some draft picks that would probably put us a better position because we could weither draft some big stud (Like that O-Linesman that everybody is hyping) Or some other key postion that can make an immediate impact like Shawn Taylor did. or we could take the other route and trade that high pick for more lower rounds picks. I think we can resign Betts for pretty cheap and have our own little Larry Johnson for the new Redskin Dynasty.

Now I will sit back and take your abuse.

if the REdskins listen to your stupidty i will never like this team agin:doh:

wtf THE man goes over 1300 yards a year and you happy Betts might get a 1000 WTF

plz kill yourself :D one

Archived