Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kellen Winslow, Jr- Interesting fact

Robbnva

To refresh your memory he is son of the other Kellen Winslow who was an NFL great. He also got injured early on in his 1st season and missed the rest of the year, 2nd year injured himself on a motorcycle and out for the entire 2nd season. So this is his 1st true season after 2 years of injury and this is what this boy has done according to Football Outsiders

He currently has the most passes thrown to him out of every other Tight End in the NFL and he leads the leage in catch % over every other Tight End in the league. he also has the most receiving yards over every other Tight End in the League.

85 passes thrown his way with a 78% catch rating. This means he catches the ball 78% of the time. DAMN that is unbelievale for someone in his 1st full season as a starter especially playing for CLEVELAND.

At the beginning of this season he admitted he was probably only 90% healthy, but at 90% he as still better than every other TE at 100%.

I think it is an impressive stat, but who else do the Browns really have to throw to - I'm asking because I really couldn't name more than 2 or 3 players on their team.

Witten, Heap, Cooley (the list could go on) could easily catch more passes for more yards, but these teams also have OTHER receivers worth throwing to.

I think it is an impressive stat, but who else do the Browns really have to throw to - I'm asking because I really couldn't name more than 2 or 3 players on their team.

Witten, Heap, Cooley (the list could go on) could easily catch more passes for more yards, but these teams also have OTHER receivers worth throwing to.

Braylon Edwards and Joe Jurevicious (unless he's hurt, I'm not sure).

They have Braylon Edwards - who is better than any of the receivers on the Ravens.

If I remember correctly some people throught the redskins were going to draft him instead of Sean Taylor. I think we made the right move because Taylor is a Beast.

Yeah, we had the 5th pick and KWII and ST were the consensus best players. A lot of Skins fans thought we'd take KWII to play H-back. Instead we went with ST (thank GOD!) and traded up to get Cooley to play H-back.

Looking back, i dont care HOW good KWII is, we made a great choice.

If I remember correctly some people throught the redskins were going to draft him instead of Sean Taylor. I think we made the right move because Taylor is a Beast.

Taylor is by far my favorite Skins player and I would take him over Winslow 100 times out of 100 but don't sell Winslow short. He's going to be a beast in his own right.

The only thing about KW is he rubs people the wrong way. T. Gonzales and some of the other TEs in the league hates how he thinks he is the best and doesn't respect some of the veteran TEs in the league. KWII and ST are similar in the fact that they both have a sort of thug mentality in life and they are always involved in some sort of drama, but definitely getting Cooley later in the draft and paying him on the low end of the pay scale was a better deal, but look out for his contract to end because he will want some big money to make up for how cheap the redskins got him

Anyway Cooley is an awesome TE and I glad we have him.

Archived