Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not playing for the playoffs

Robbnva

Reading all of the comments and complaints on how the Redskins played on Sunday and how they are handling the team have really got me thinking.

The redskins are not playing to get to the playoffs anymore. When Gibbs put Portis on the IR and moved Jason Campbell into the starting QB role it was not to try and still get the team to the playoffs. I was one of the hopefuls even up until this game on Sunday that the Redskins stood a small chance of making it, however the team and the coaches have already moved on. They have moved to the experimental part of the season where they are trying different things to see what works, to see what doesn't, and to just see how the players deal with certain situations. In the last 4 games of the season we are going to see a lot of boneheaded plays, bad playcalling, and probably even see Jason Campbell play really bad, but what they are doing is tyring to expose him and the rest of the team to just about every type of situation. People usually learn by doing faster than they do by studying so just let the redskins learn from their mistakes and let's watch them comeback next year and win the whole f'ing thing.

if something like this has already posted I apologize, because my seach wasn't working.

The only reason people were still talking playoffs is because the NFC has been so bad this year. I think we want to be a superbowl calibur team not just some team that backs into the playoffs, so let the young guys play and see how they handle it

I Agree, this is why we need to play Rocky and Doughty and see if they can play.

Also Broughton needs to be brought up from the practice squd and given a shot. Sellers is doing a great job but he is another young talent that should be developed.

Preseason 2007 starts now:

• JC get more experience under center.
  • See if Rock can play, bench Warrick.
  • See which of the two rbs is wirth keeping. Dought we can afford to keep both Betts and T.J..
  • Evaluate the Secondary to see if thiere is anyone wirth keeping other than ST.
  • Evaluate upcoming FAs and start making mock drafts.

Before the fa signings start and the draft, find some scouts that have 20/20 vision.

Locate a GM, that won't be influence by a coach or owner.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Preseason 2007 starts now:

• See which of the two rbs is wirth keeping. Dought we can afford to keep both Betts and T.J..

I don't think the skins are able to keep either betts or tj. As much as TJ's "accepted" his lack of playing time, he's going to want to be the #1 or #2 running back and he's been treated like the #4 on the skins. Betts has earned the chance to start with his performance and won't stay with the skins unless Portis is gone.

Also Broughton needs to be brought up from the practice squd and given a shot. Sellers is doing a great job but he is another young talent that should be developed.

That a good idea, give Sellers a bit of a break. They need to put Patten on the IR, bring up Nemo and let Espy run some patterns.

Archived