Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serial Killers to Be tried in Virginia

NavyDave

VA. IS THE MOST LOGICAL PLACE TO HOLD THE TRIAL FIRST.. WE HAVE A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING THE DEATH PENALTY THAN MD. I PERSONALY KNEW THE MAN WHO WAS KILLED IN MANASSAS. FOR THE SAKE OF THOSE WHO KNEW HIM.. LET JUSTICE BE HARD, SWIFT AND END WITH 2 BODY BAGS !!! LET THEM MEET THEIR MAKER.

This is such crap. Typical of the Bush administration. The Federal government comes into the state of Maryland and seizes two prisoners under false pretenses and the right wingers here are cheering?

You must be kidding me right? The federal government is saying that Maryland doesn't have the right to decide the death penalty issue by itself! They would rather make a political issue out of this instead of allowing the people most affected by this crime try the people they captured?

You guys are really something. Even if they weren't given the death penalty in Maryland they would have been sent to Virginia to stand trail the day after they were sentenced here!

If you want them dead why not send them to Alabama, where they might just waive the trial and hang them!

TYPICAL POWER GRAB BY THE EVIL REPUBLICANS!

I'm starting to believe your real name is Stuart Pidassol and everyone calls you Stu for short.:doh:

Maryland with their DC style homicide rate and pity for criminals is well known considering that there has been only 3 executions since 1972 in Maryland.

If criminals knew that there is a death penalty and teens will be triedas adults and it would be used on a consistent basis then you wouldnt see as many blatant car jackings and home invasions as has been the case here

Originally posted by NavyDave

I'm starting to believe your real name is Stuart Pidassol and everyone calls you Stu for short.:doh:

Maryland with their DC style homicide rate and pity for criminals is well known considering that there has been only 3 executions since 1972 in Maryland.

If criminals knew that there is a death penalty and teens will be triedas adults and it would be used on a consistent basis then you wouldnt see as many blatant car jackings and home invasions as has been the case here

Not good enough Dave. I'm not getting into your "facts" above because it's a bigger issue than that. Does Maryland have the right to decide for itself what penalties to give to convicted folks or not!

That's the issue. John Aschcroft thinks Maryland doesn't and I think that is crap.

BTW: If Virginia was so good at this stuff why didn't they capture the snipers? They sure made a big deal about catching the illegal Mexicans!

If you're not bright enough to understand what I'm saying they go ahead and call me names. That would is your typical MO anyway!

Even John Thompson ex coach of the Hoyas wants these bast@rds fried so behave like this is a GOP issue.

Not surprising since Liberals always want criminals like these to be rehabilitated using our tax dollars even if it takes 80 yrs to make a dent.

Va doesnt play that politically correct nonsense and will look at the facts and sentence them to the fulll extent of the law while everyone with a brain knows that Maryland even with video evidence would hem and haw about what to do with them and the 17.5(?) yr old can hide behing the I'm a kid loop hole here.

BTW: If Virginia was so good at this stuff why didn't they capture the snipers? They sure made a big deal about catching the illegal Mexicans!

The investigation was being run out of Montgomery County. Every department, whether it be in Virginia or Maryland was working TOGETHER. It wasn't a matter of Montgomery Co. vs. Sportsylvania Co.

The sniper was missed by 10 minutes in Richmond due to a communication problem between the sniper taskforce in Maryland and the Henrico Co. police department.

After evaluating the evidence, Ashcroft concluded that the best evidence, best prosecutors, and widest range of punishments are available in Va. There were murders here, too, in case you weren't aware of it.

Why the hell do YOU have to make a political issue out of this? Get past the legal mumbo-jumbo, and realize that these guys need to get theirs.

I just don't understand why you want to save the snipers. Even if there is a small technicality that wasn't abided by (which I don't think there is), it's better to have these guys get rotting in hell than having them go out on the streets and kill 15 more people.

Tell ya what JackC. We can send them back to the People's Republic of Maryland for trial. They will probably get off on a technicality, or be given work release at worse. Then, when they are done with their six months of picking up trash, we make a deal with them stating that when they are released from jail, they can't go outside the state of Maryland. That sounds humane, huh? They'd probably like that too, beings how nobody in Maryland has guns to protect themselves. Or we can keep them in a state that knows how to deal with animals like this and give them what they deserve.

Maybe they could not use the full voltage right off the bat. Keep it on low for awhile and watch their brains fry and their eyes explode. That's still better than what they deserve. I guess we'll never hear if they were on a Jihad or not. That might offend someone.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Even John Thompson ex coach of the Hoyas wants these bast@rds fried so behave like this is a GOP issue.

Not surprising since Liberals always want criminals like these to be rehabilitated using our tax dollars even if it takes 80 yrs to make a dent.

Va doesnt play that politically correct nonsense and will look at the facts and sentence them to the fulll extent of the law while everyone with a brain knows that Maryland even with video evidence would hem and haw about what to do with them and the 17.5(?) yr old can hide behing the I'm a kid loop hole here.

Again (no surprise) you do not understand the issue. It doesn't have anything to do with PC or rehabilitating these killers.(no one thinks these guys should ever see the light of day again so your attempt to protray that as the liberal position is shameful!)

Does John Ashcroft have the right to say the state of Maryland has not right to apply justice to folks they captured for killing citizens of the state of Maryland? That is the issue. What if Ashcroft was against the death penalty and seized the prisioners from Virginia under false pretenses and gave them to DC where they don't have the death penalty.

Some of the people on this board claim to be so dam smart but yet they don't understand this important issue. Is anyone out there able to see or are you all blind? If the later this country is in big trouble!

Originally posted by 56Arrington56

Jack C,

You have to be the biggest liberal-pillowbiting-butt pirate I've EVER SEEN!! Get a clue you brainwashed moron.

I'm a "butt pirate" because you arent' bright enough to understand the issue. What grade are you in?

Originally posted by Air Sarge

Tell ya what JackC. We can send them back to the People's Republic of Maryland for trial. They will probably get off on a technicality, or be given work release at worse. Then, when they are done with their six months of picking up trash, we make a deal with them stating that when they are released from jail, they can't go outside the state of Maryland. That sounds humane, huh? They'd probably like that too, beings how nobody in Maryland has guns to protect themselves. Or we can keep them in a state that knows how to deal with animals like this and give them what they deserve.

Why not just waive the trail all together. That would be OK with you right? (I guess that would be Alabama) For you to suggest that my postion is they should be released is a disgusting tactic by typical of some.

Does John Ashcroft have the right to say the state of Maryland has not right to apply justice to folks they captured for killing citizens of the state of Maryland? That is the issue. What if Ashcroft was against the death penalty and seized the prisioners from Virginia under false pretenses and gave them to DC where they don't have the death penalty.

JackC- You really need to inform yourself before your typical diatribes. First of all this was/is a federal crime/investigation. Crossing State lines automatically includes Federal jurisdiction.

Yes it is up to the Attorney General to decide where to try this case and in what sequence. As much as you might disagree with it it's just too bad. After the State of Virginia has their turn the State of Maryland will have it's turn. The State of Maryland and their weak, if not impotent, death penalty statue would not allow these two the opportunity for the death penalty. Any reasonable person(s) would want the jurisdiction where the greatest choice of penalties, given the crime, is available.

So your typical left eyed view of things is quite amusing but very predicitable.

Originally posted by aREDSKIN

JackC- You really need to inform yourself before your typical diatribes. First of all this was/is a federal crime/investigation. Crossing State lines automatically includes Federal jurisdiction.

Yes it is up to the Attorney General to decide where to try this case and in what sequence. As much as you might disagree with it it's just too bad. After the State of Virginia has their turn the State of Maryland will have it's turn. The State of Maryland and their weak, if not impotent, death penalty statue would not allow these two the opportunity for the death penalty. Any reasonable person(s) would want the jurisdiction where the greatest choice of penalties, given the crime, is available.

So your typical left eyed view of things is quite amusing but very predicitable.

Maybe you should check your facts too. Each of these crimes is a separate act. Why do you think one of the suspects is being tried in one county and the other in another county?

My point is the Attorney General did not do his job properly and you folks don't seem to care. Now why you don't care I don't really know(I have some ideas). He didn't weigh evidence at all. In fact he never met with the Montgomery County folks at all. Nice work Heir Aschcroft. Watch as the the Virginia trail is forced to use Maryland evidence to boost its case.

He took them from Maryland custody under false pretenses and you guys don't care because he's a republican and the state of Maryland is run by democrats. Not good enough.

Maybe you should check your facts too. Each of these crimes is a separate act. Why do you think one of the suspects is being tried in one county and the other in another county?

Jack my man your thinking with just the left part of your brain.

The reasons, at least in the case of VA, is that the State must prove who pulled the trigger in the shooting deaths. There is evidence that Malvo, the juvinille, pulled the trigger in the Fairfax, (Home Depot) shooting and that Muhammad pulled it in the Price William (Manassas) shooting. So there's why.

My point is the Attorney General did not do his job properly and you folks don't seem to care. Now why you don't care I don't really know(I have some ideas). He didn't weigh evidence at all. In fact he never met with the Montgomery County folks at all. Nice work Heir Aschcroft. Watch as the the Virginia trail is forced to use Maryland evidence to boost its case.

What unmitigated gobbledygook. What did the AG do wrong? One reason he might have not met with the folk in Montgomery county is because he knows that the death penalty would never be a possibibility there. And I'm not sure that he or his reps did not meet/consult with the vermen Gansler. What a twerp grandstanding pos he is.

Nice work Heir Aschcroft

LOL. nothing here but neurotic projection.

aRedskin,

Even if you're correct.(I don't agree but it doesn't matter) Why not let the area most hurt by the sniper go first? No matter what happened in Maryland with regard to sentence they would have been shipped off to Virginia on the day of the sentence.

I've read Virginia must use evidence from Maryland to make it's case. Let's assume that's true, wouldn't that evidence be taken stronger by the Virginia if those two were actually convicted of 6 murders in Montgomery county instead of just charged?

Are you sure the Maryland citizens will be allowed to try these folks at all? I'm not.

BTW the Alabama case may be stronger why not send them there? They may even waive the trial and just hang them.

Even if you're correct.(I don't agree but it doesn't matter) Why not let the area most hurt by the sniper go first?

Because a death penalty trial, sentence , appeals etc take years.

Lets get it going now. Times a wasting. In the case of VA why prolong the inevitable with the delaying tactis of the leftists of MD.

I've read Virginia must use evidence from Maryland to make it's case. Let's assume that's true, wouldn't that evidence be taken stronger by the Virginia if those two were actually convicted of 6 murders in Montgomery county instead of just charged?

VA must use the evidence in it's trials from the crimes in it's juristication. Prior criminal records of defendants are fequently disallowed because of prejudice. So, no, a VA jury is no more likely to use a prior MD conviction to decide a case before it. I disagree with this but that's the way it is sometimes.

QUOTE]Are you sure the Maryland citizens will be allowed to try these folks at all? I'm not.

Sure will. But what will be the purpose if VA convicts them and they get the death sentence? Isn't the ultimate punishment enough for the citizens of MD?

BTW the Alabama case may be stronger why not send them there? They may even waive the trial and just hang them.

Your prejudice is showing Jack. As far as I know there was only one shooting in AL and they want both to fry. Need 2 victims and 2 different shooter to accomplish that.

Regards

Archived