Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Jason Campbell Highlight Video

Obibyn23

Forget about all the athleticism, size, throwing speed and strenght for a minute:

When was the last time we had a QB look like a 3 year vet in during his first NFL start for us?

I can't remember one, I'm trying... Hasselbeck maybe?

Most QBs that look like that right off the bat in the NFL - if they don't suceed it is because of a lack of physical ability (Tim Hasselbeck is an accountant not a QB)

I've never seen a QB look that poised and see the whole field that well, and not succeed if he has 1st round physical ability, and JC is tops as far as prototype QB build.

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!:point2sky

:wavetowel :jump: :party: :chestram: :high5: :excited: :peaceout: :doh1: :panthersu :panthersu :panthersu

man i used to play QB in highschool and i always had a strong arm. not too many throws impress me b/c i feel i can make a lot of throws. but man i was at the game and now that i saw the tape the last TD wowwwwww just watch the ball leave his hand and how he new his TE would come back to him. just watch the last throw again and again you will see what i mean.

Agreed. He was throwing on the run, but to his right and also a bit backwards, with a defender in his face, and he threw a bullett right into the smallest of windows where only his receiver could catch it. That was outstanding!

The 7-step drops are schemed. That isn't something that J.C. is going to improvise, by and large, if he does it repeatedly. Brunell also dropped by seven steps, so it's part of the system. I wonder, though, why we don't have more three step drops and fast slants, just to get the ball out of the hands of the QB and to help stop the rush.

That last throw was great and took a lot of physical skill to execute.

Thanks for the vid!

The 7-step drops are schemed. That isn't something that J.C. is going to improvise, by and large, if he does it repeatedly. Brunell also dropped by seven steps, so it's part of the system. I wonder, though, why we don't have more three step drops and fast slants, just to get the ball out of the hands of the QB and to help stop the rush.

That last throw was great and took a lot of physical skill to execute.

Thanks for the vid!

Why no shorter drops? It's very simple - Simeon Rice wasn't playing. There really wasn't any pressure to speak of on Campbell without blitzes. I have a feeling that's going to change vs. Julius Peppers & Co this week.

He looks very polished. Probably due to Gibbs being patient .. Glad Gibbs is in charge. Some folks would have rushed him out there with the Oline being as sad as it is. Now that the season is 'over' they can get out there, have fun, get some reps, and get ready for next year, unless a Miracle happens..!

Thanks for putting that together.

On that last TD throw, It looked a lot better in realtime than it did on the replay. Kind of a lucky play if you ask me... oh well. Still impressive :cheers:

Not at all IMHO. He rolled out, bought time while reading the field and working through his progressions (we may safely assume that Todd Yoder was NOT the primary receiver), got some pressure in his face, and going to his right and slightly upfield fired a bullet into a very small window that allowed the receiver to adjust to it. This was a first class play and demonstrated all of the things you'd want from a QB: mobility, field awareness, arm strength, accuracy, knowledge of the offense. Basically, either Yoder was going to adjust and catch that pass, or nobody would.

We see passes like this by Peyton Manning all the time where he throws behind a receiver because of where the defender is positioned, knowing that his receiver can more easily adjust to the throw than the defensive player can, and people (correctly) praise Manning for that. That's what happened there, which is why I'm so impressed.

We see passes like this by Peyton Manning all the time where he throws behind a receiver because of where the defender is positioned, knowing that his receiver can more easily adjust to the throw than the defensive player can, and people (correctly) praise Manning for that. That's what happened there, which is why I'm so impressed.

Well certainly if it WAS PM, I wouldn't call it luck.

But the only other thing I'll say is that I hope like hell you're right :)

Archived