Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buy Club Level for 2 Years, then move to lower?

robinsmw

I just got offered the 2 years club level, then move to lower level deal. She said club level seats could be as cheap (if you can call them cheap) as $2500 then move to sidelines unobstructed in 100's or 200's.

I have 4 seats. Basically, this would be like paying a one time $17,600 premium to move down. Here's how I figured it:

$2900 seat x 2 years x 4 seats = $23,200 minus

Cost of reg seats for those 2 years (sec 430 above row 15) $700 x 2 years x 4 seats = $5,600.

Compare to Tailgate club:

Initiation $1750 x 4 = $7000 +

$50 premium per ticket forever ($2k a year for 4 seats)

Break even point is 6 years.

There is about a 98% chance I won't do it, but it's tempting.

Does anyone have any other info? Has anyone signed up to do it? Would you get Orange parking for 2 years and then what color parking? I'm assuming you wouldn't have to pay for the tailgate club or anything after the 2 years, right?

This seems like the way things are going to be to move to lower. You'll either have to do this, or Tailgate, Touchdown club, or sit in obstructed view seats and hope they will move you.

Wow, the money sounds outrageous...I personally enjoy the Club Level more than I do the Lower Level so long as you have a sideline view of the field. Once you get over being close to the players and such, I feel club level gives you the ultimate football viewing experience. So in my opinion if you can get Club Level and stay there, then do it. Get some lower level tickets off ebay to experience it just to see how you like it. Don't get me wrong, its fun but as far as watching a game is concerned, lower level isn't where its at. Hope my opinion helped a little...The money just seems crazy, more or less disgusting. -Wes-

I got the same offer......and had 'em send me a contract. After the two year club lease, according to the contract, "you will have the option to renew your(2) Club seats and/or purchase two (2) full view lower level seats."

Bear in mind you stated "sidelines" in your post. That ain't exactly true. The contract also states, "The exact seat location is at the sole discretion of WFI Stadium Inc" That can be anywhere in the lower bowl.

The cost is $2,650 per seat, not includeing Prince Georges tax, ($263.40), and parking, ($350.00). The only sections available are end-zones. So...the bottom line for two(2) tickets in those sections is $5,913.40. There is also fine print, at the bottom of the contract, that indicates, that they will increase the license fee by 6% the second year.

We're kinda tempted by the offer....it's one way to get to the lowers. We were burned by the Obstructed View fiasco...so....we're real careful when dealing with the ticket office...

I got the same offer......and had 'em send me a contract. After the two year club lease, according to the contract, "you will have the option to renew your(2) Club seats and/or purchase two (2) full view lower level seats."

Bear in mind you stated "sidelines" in your post. That ain't exactly true. The contract also states, "The exact seat location is at the sole discretion of WFI Stadium Inc" That can be anywhere in the lower bowl.

The cost is $2,650 per seat, not includeing Prince Georges tax, ($263.40), and parking, ($350.00). The only sections available are end-zones. So...the bottom line for two(2) tickets in those sections is $5,913.40. There is also fine print, at the bottom of the contract, that indicates, that they will increase the license fee by 6% the second year.

We're kinda tempted by the offer....it's one way to get to the lowers. We were burned by the Obstructed View fiasco...so....we're real careful when dealing with the ticket office...

I said sidelines unubstructed b/c that's what she said, but it sounds like the contract doesn't say anything about that. I'd want to get specific about the section numbers but who knows if they'd do that. I'm pretty happy w/ my seats now and wouldn't want to pay all this money and then be stuck in the corner of the endzone in the lower.

Good point about the PG tax, that makes it a bit more expensive and throws my math off a bit. I didn't take into acct the parking b/c I'll be paying that anyway.

Also, did it say anything about what color parking, orange for 2 years then what color after? I have red now but would love to upgrade to green.

I said sidelines unubstructed b/c that's what she said, but it sounds like the contract doesn't say anything about that. I'd want to get specific about the section numbers but who knows if they'd do that. I'm pretty happy w/ my seats now and wouldn't want to pay all this money and then be stuck in the corner of the endzone in the lower.

Good point about the PG tax, that makes it a bit more expensive and throws my math off a bit. I didn't take into acct the parking b/c I'll be paying that anyway.

Also, did it say anything about what color parking, orange for 2 years then what color after? I have red now but would love to upgrade to green.

I re-read my post, and if I gave the impression that you were trying to be mis-leading, I apologize. (Sorry 'bout that!)

You have to be careful when dealing with the ticket office. They are sometimes quite vague. They'll say stuff like, $2,500.00, when it's really $2,650.00. They also made no mention of the 6% license fee increase,(for the '08 season), and only spoke of it when I called and asked.

According to the person I spoke to, the sections being offered are 309-313. That's on the West end, where the Cigar Bar and Hooters is. They specifically offered me row 18, in Section 313. They let you put down like 10% now, and hit your credit card 3 more times, for $1778.32, in Jan, April & July.

The parking offered is indeed Orange. After the lease is up, and you move to the lower bowl, you have the option keeping the Orange pass, or getting back the same color pass that you had before. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to take a pass on that "offer", because I love my current location and don't want to be buried in an end-zone.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks for the info. I like my seats now too, and don't want to be buried in an endzone for two years either. Although, I think I could stand it for 2 years, if it would mean having lowers for as long as I buy tickets. Again, I probably won't do it either but it's certainly given me something to think about today.

I had this same offer. This is my first year having season tickets. It does sound very tempting, but not practical for me. The guy I spoke to was named Andrew, he stated that after your two years of club level tickets, with orange parking, he stated that once you move to the lower level, you will then get green parking. I think they are having problems trying to get people into the club level, or maybe they are just trying to make room for new people to get into the stadium. ie, new season ticket holders. I hope I can move down a few rows during the off season.

bbruce0,

Thanks for the info about green parking. Yea, not practical for me either, but it's given me something to think about the last 2 days. Green parking forever also makes it a better offer, but again, it's a lot of money and I have red already.

I heard they weren't even offering parking for new season ticket holders anymore. Is that true?

As far as moving down, hopefully you'll be able to. This is my 3rd year. 1st year I had 2 pairs of tickets in 2 different sections (row 26, 430 and row 29, 443). The 2nd year they put them together and moved me down 5 rows (to row 21 Sec 430). Last year, I put in for an upgrade and didn't get moved. I'm thinking maybe if I get an extra ticket (5 total) that would help b/c I've heard upgrades are easier if you have an odd number. I'm not even sure if you can add a ticket to your account though.

Good luck on your upgrade.

The deal with the parking for new season ticket holders, is that they have a waiting list for it now, and the only way to be put onto that waiting list, is if you have 4 or more tickets, maybe its 3, but I know if you only have two tickets, you cannot get on the list. Thanks.

The deal with the parking for new season ticket holders, is that they have a waiting list for it now, and the only way to be put onto that waiting list, is if you have 4 or more tickets, maybe its 3, but I know if you only have two tickets, you cannot get on the list. Thanks.

I got my season tickets Gibbs' 1st year back. I was put on waiting for parking then and recieved a red pass this year. I only have 2 tickets. They certainly could have changed the policy in the couple years after me though.

Be careful. I was behind a pillar in 2004 in 226 (a sidelines section) because I was misled regarding the view. I had already paid full price in advance, and when I complained, they told me to go screw myself. I could have cancelled in 2005, but they then promised me I'd move up in front of the pillars in 2006 if I hung on for one more year. So I took them for their word and did another year. When 2006 finally arrived, I was happy and excited to move up. And when they finally called me, they did offer to move me in front of the pillars, but ALSO in the back corner! BACK CORNER???? I complained again, and the guy said that was all he could offer me. After TWO YEARS with the 50 yard line blocked, that's the best they could do??? I find that really underhanded, and it stinks of Snyder's involvement. He did lower the obstructed view seat price, which was nice, but I still over paid in previous years, and only because I was misled. Bottom line: Get everything in writing, and in specific details when dealing with the Redskins ticket office.

The other thing is, Jack Kent Cooke signed a whole bunch of TEN year contracts for club seats in 1996 for the 1997 season. 2006 is the last year of those contracts, and you can be sure many of those people are going to bail in 2007. That's why Snyder's looking for creative ways to fill club seats, I think.

One last thing regarding the tailgate club. Yeah the initiation fee is high, it's sort of like a disguised PSL. In other words, it's like real estate. My point is, you can sell the tailgate club contract some day and get your money back -- maybe even make a few bucks.

I was in the club for the first three years. It was fun. But, man, they are expensive now. The fact is, you can buy clubs on eBay in any section you want, and never pay anything close to what the Redskins want, except for perhaps the Cowboys game. And you can skip the preseason games. Basically, eBay is a 50% discount on clubs -- without the contract and without the deposit, and without the preseason.

Ticket office has nothing to do with premium seating....that is all the sales department

I got season tix in the upper level after one year on the waiting list because I sent pix of my kids in redskins gear (mailed to redskins park) and said I love the skins.

One year on the list and I bumped up to the top :)

Is that all it took?

Archived