Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas' failed 2 point try...

FunBunch7

On ESPN, NFL.COM and every where else they are saying that the Cowboys would have won 20-19. It's just getting on my nerves.

Let's say it's 20-12 in the fourth quarter, and Brunell just hits that floater to Cooley for a TD, making it 20-18. Are we going to kick the extra point or go for 2 ourselves? Cause you know, we're allowed to go for 2 also. :)

So maybe it would have been 20-20 at the end of the game ...

I'm sick of hearing that the Girls would have won 20-19 had they kick the PAT instead of going for 2. Every single event/play affects the very next event/play.

Had they kicked the PAT the score would have been 7-5...but it would have changed EVERYTHING in the game from that point on...we MAY have blown them out 45-7 or they may have blown us out 35-5...

On ESPN, NFL.COM and every where else they are saying that the Cowboys would have won 20-19. It's just getting on my nerves.

I so completely agree! I was thinking the same thing when I heard some of the so called "experts" say that. You are so right, Skins being behind by 1 point would have totally changed the dynamics of the game.

To be honest, I stopped watching and reading all the Tom Jacksons, Dan Marinos, Chris Collingsworth and the rest of those knucleheads. I got so tired of listening to their opinions, and that's all they offer, is their opinions, and we all know what they say about opinions!

I used to watch and listen to all that pre-game crap, but just got sick of it, they are all full of crap and rarely have anything to say worth listening to. Now I turn the TV on at gametime, and let the players do all the talking.

I'm sick of hearing that the Girls would have won 20-19 had they kick the PAT instead of going for 2. Every single event/play affects the very next event/play.

Had they kicked the PAT the score would have been 7-5...but it would have changed EVERYTHING in the game from that point on...we MAY have blown them out 45-7 or they may have blown us out 35-5...

If, if, if, and another if we had gone for a field goal or punched it in four a touchdown instead of getting stopped on the 1 yard line we would've had 5 more points (we wouldn't have gotten the safety). ESPN's logic is non existent.

It was very annoying during the 2nd half when they kept showing all the points the Cowboys left on the field and they didn't show anything regarding the goal line stand.

I totally agree with the original poster. It's not that Parcells made a good or bad call, it's the fact that the media won't start harping on it, especially how they assume that the rest of the game would have gone exactly the same, which it of course would NOT have. Every play affects the next. If they are ahead by a different margin, that will change what plays are called later in the game, on both sides.

That's why it's so aggravating to keep hearing these mediots go on and on about it...

But in the end, WE WON!!!! So it doesn't even matter... :D

:dallasuck

Archived