Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Romo experiment not working in Dallas, let's stick with Brunell...

nneece

The Future is  

61 members have voted

1. 1. The Future is

• Now
    • the Future
    • the Past
    • a metaphysical uncertaintude that doesn't exist

I agree. I want Campbell in there. I've said it many times over the past week.

I'm simply saying when Campbell does get in, the change in our offense may not be as pronounced as it was with Romo sits to pee in Dallas this week, which was the point of this thread.

Quite frankly Henry I'm not expecting Campbell to come in and light things up. If he does, well great. But, for all intents and purposes dude is still a rook. I fully expect him to throw INTs and make some boneheaded mistakes.

The difference is that I expect something from Campbell that Brunell just isn't going to be able to ever give us-improvement. Since without some miracle of immense proportions our season is pretty much over, I'd be much more satisfied with the possibility that in three or four games Campbell may start to show some spark of one day being a decent NFL QB. All Brunell will ever be able to offer us is more super smart play, dinking and dunking his way to another loss.

Sorry, but Parcells had Scott pegged. He's a "game quitter". All he wants to do is look good while not winning us yet another game. :rolleyes:

There is also something to be said for a defense that creates turnovers and gives you GREAT field position....

Right out of the gate...

Man what a rebuttal...

I have nothing further...

Romo sits to pee 3 years as backup in the same system...

Campbell 3 months as 3rd stringer in the same system...

Okay, I lied...

Not ready, but may be forced to be in a couple weeks....

HTTR

"And Carson Palmer for the Bengals wasn't ready but Marvin Lewis took a gamble. Eli was said to not be ready. Peyton started as a rookie on a terrible team. Brady was thrown to the wolves because of injury. Vick started when he was a rookie. vince Young was thrown in before he was ready. I can on and on about how many of the successful QB's weren't "ready" when they played, but if they're a good QB, they'll play well eventually."

enough already! we're the washington redskins...a team run by ancient philosophies and a personnel dept that doesn't know its arse from a hole in the ground. at some point it's no longer about the players - it's about team management by a bunch of bufoons who cannot adapt their thinking in a way that meshes internal development through the draft and smart, selective FA signings. we are..in the end...a team run by clueless fools.

Perhaps Romo sits to pee's play gave the defense a spark and they played better also. Dallas D certainly has not been playing lights out up to this point.

:rolleyes:

Brunell got us to the playoffs last year after we were 5-6.

He can't stop opponents' offenses making third down plays.

He can't force fumbles by the opposition.

He can't intercept opposition passes.

And he can't rush the opponent's quarterback.

People need to look a little beyond the qb position to see what's wrong with the team.

Wow, I guess the Tony Romo sits to pee experiment is not working out so well in Dallas. The Brunell supporters are right, let's stick with Brunell. Wait a sec, I fell asleep during the third quarter and Romo sits to pee bought Dallas back and won the game! I guess there is something to be said for starting a new QB. We will certainly find out next week when we play Dallas. This is a league that you sometimes have to take chances in in order to have a chance to win. The ultra conservative thinking does not always work.

I couldn't help but think as I watched the game and watched Romo sits to pee completing 20+ yard passes to Owens, etc. (or not completing them, but at least attempting them) how this was almost the exact opposite of watching Brunell and the Skins offense play.

you said you fell asleep...Romo sits to pee wont be so lucky this weekend.

"He can't stop opponents' offenses making third down plays.

He can't force fumbles by the opposition.

He can't intercept opposition passes.

And he can't rush the opponent's quarterback."

but he sure can throw the ball OB!!!!!! and man can he improvise when things break down. why...you can see the palpable excitement on the players faces when Mark steps onto the field. they just know magic is about to happen.

he's not a winner - an argument you, with all your rationalizing, cannot refute.

Archived