Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell...Xavier Lee....SPARK

SkinsNoles21

Ok as you can tell by name I am a Noles and Skins fan. There are I'm sure a lot of Maryland fans on here and congrats on your win. However, if you saw what Xavier Lee did, then you will understand my point.

The Florida State offense before this game had been awful, unable to muster any kind of offense versus a good opponent...and even struggled against Troy(who?....exactly.)

Just an hour before the game Xavier Lee was given the nod over Drew Weatherford, and despite the loss, it completely changed the FSU program.

The guy looked amazing, and I won't get into the specifics about X because most of you won't care...here is my point.

The spark that he provided was obvious on both sides of the ball. The Seminoles defense is riddled with injuries, having lost five starters from opening day, and a lot more key players. In the second half, they rode the Xavier Lee wave and shut down the Terps. If that game had gone to overtime, I think its fair to say the Noles had a good shot of winning and the momentum on their side.

It was obvious the receivers and running backs responded to the offense actually doing something....and the same can happen with the Skins.

If Campbell comes in, the team will respond, and an obvious spark will occur on both sides of the ball. When you bring in a young, very talented and eager quarterback who just cant wait to step on the field....the team responds, especially ones with alot of talent.

Do I know if Campbell will do well when he comes in, no. I understand the NFL is a whole different ball game and he will have his ups and downs.

But just like Xavier Lee.....you never know until you actually put him in the game.

Fear not Skins fans....If Campbell is for real....The Redskins will be too..

It will come soon enough. :logo:

by the way....the Noles are a program that expect to win....and usually after a loss I am reeling, but seeing Xavier Lee come in....changed everything.

Drew Weatherford and Mark Brunell are both the same type of qb.

Both are solid, and when in the game, it makes them hard to take out because you can't exactly put your finger on it.

Then when X came in, I saw it. He didnt just take what the offense gave him and make solid plays....HE MADE SPECTACULAR PLAYS HIMSELF...even when nothing was there... He is huge....6'4 200something (sound familiar...Campbell)...Is mobile, has a rocket arm, and great accuracy (same as Campbell too.)

Drew and Mark have one big thing in common.

As soon as the pocket starts to break down, even a little, they basically give up on the play and take what they can get.

Xavier Lee ran or waited till the last second and made a play. Drew or mark would ahve taken a sack...thrown it away...or dumped it to a back.

well if he was staring down wrs why did he torch the maryland secondary.....

maybe cuz they were really wide open....

Maybe because this Maryland secondary isn't exactly the same as the one that featured Madeau Williams, Dominique Foxworth, and Gerrick McPhearson...

Tough to compare the college game to the pro game in that aspect. How many times do you see that happening in the pros?

Exactly, not often enough to draw a conclusion. That happens all the time in College ball, though. Look at Sevelle Newton at S Carolina. Even Tebow in Florida comes off the bench and provides a spark.

Maybe because this Maryland secondary isn't exactly the same as the one that featured Madeau Williams' date=' Dominique Foxworth, and Gerrick McPhearson...[/quote']

ok whatever.....am i here to discuss what happened....no....Im here to discuss the spark that X provided....and that the same spark can happen if we put Jason Campbell in the game.

Kinda like a new piece of ass. Shes great after the first few weeks, but you eventually realize that she's just like the rest and what you're really looking for is someone to settle down with. You're looking for the whole package.

Time will tell if Campbell is worth marrying, so to speak. Campbell lacks leadership skills. That will be his downfall if any. He acts like a complete puzzy to be honest. He's got no swagger, and that scares me. Even the guy many call the "Bible beater" has great leadership skills despite his age and supposed lack of arm strength.

Think of it this way, the Redskins are old and looking to settle down with another Championship. They aren't interested in dating. Unfortunately we may need a divorce, and we may soon be forced to date around...

Ya know what I mean? :silly: :doh:

The world's worst metaphorical analogy ever :laugh:

HTTR

I was at the game too. Awesome experience. I rushed the field with the rest of the student section.

Alright....the rushing the field thing is a little much...the Noles fell to 4-4.

But heres why you guys did....because Xavier lee played one hell of a game...If drews in there that game is a yawner and you guys win...Drew isnt bad by the way...he is just not Xavier Lee

But I guess I cant say anything I was at the basketball game last year when the Noles knocked off Duke and rushed the court twice.....:doh: But at least I can say I didnt go until they ran the clock down to 00.

But yeah...rushing the court is awesome...never rushed a field before...

I was at the game too... to be honest, Hollenbach might be a top 3 QB in the ACC.

Lee looked pretty good but he did stare down his receivers, and the MD secondary is awful (see #5 Gardner).

Point is, JC can't do much worse than MB

GO TERPS GO SKINS

Archived