Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is up with Arculeta?! DBs?!

zsherwani

I dont know if its Williams system he's still trying to adjust to , or if he's another defensive bust. He is getting burned on almost every long play we've had against us. I see that he is good on stopping the run, but he's still got plenty to learn on covering our DB's.

As for Rumph and Wright, I couldnt be anymore disappointed in a pair of DB's, they are horrible! Carlos Rogers is playing like a rookie, and Springs was getting his arse handed to him against the Colts. I say we look into the draft for some corners. Cuz we are getting whooped by every single quarterback we have played so far this season. And it doesnt look like its gonna get any better with the rest of our schedule. WE NEED HELP SOON!!

its quite simple..they suck!! except (ST & SS)..

Springs isn't in game shape.. if anyone has played DB, they can tell you.. its not easy coming back from a long layoff and then try to cover arguably one of the best WR in the game.. so i can give a pass on last week.

arch is doing his job...hes not getting burned it just looks like it cause hes trying to do more that what he is supposed to..williams d is about being in the right place and arch always is....usually the field will be cut into thirds and the saftey will have one deep portion of the field and if they hold him to lets say the middle of the field then thats where hes supposed to be...and if they throw to either side its not him getting burned....just looks like it cause hes almost good enough to cover two areas at the same time..its the corners that are getting burned...especially when the safties are trying to do as much as they are doin....

arch is doing his job...hes not getting burned it just looks like it cause hes trying to do more that what he is supposed to..williams d is about being in the right place and arch always is....usually the field will be cut into thirds and the saftey will have one deep portion of the field and if they hold him to lets say the middle of the field then thats where hes supposed to be...and if they throw to either side its not him getting burned....just looks like it cause hes almost good enough to cover two areas at the same time..its the corners that are getting burned...especially when the safties are trying to do as much as they are doin....

no way! do you think coach gray was giving AA the bussiness for playing good coverage?:doh:

the Wr are getting behind him period,how the hell are you letting wr get behind you in the cover 2 defense?:mad:

I think it's fairly safe to say that Arch sucks at Cover 2... man we miss pierson a lot =(

I think he can man up fine...but when we are in cover 2...opponent QBs target Arch side of the field a lot...

hopefully Vincent will be able to spell arch in these schemes

Archuleta is not a cover safety. Everybody knew that when we got him. He is here to help with the run because our LB's and DL are small because of injuries he is in on more passing downs then he should be.

CR is not a #1 CB and is not the replacement for Springs so when Springs went down we did not have a #1 CB, and that hurts.

I think it's fairly safe to say that Arch sucks at Cover 2... man we miss pierson a lot =(

I think he can man up fine...but when we are in cover 2...opponent QBs target Arch side of the field a lot...

hopefully Vincent will be able to spell arch in these schemes

Then explain to me exactly how Taylor is getting beat on the opposite side of the field in the same schemes?

I have an answer, see if you agree?

Both safeties, Taylor, and Arch, are covering WAY TOO MUCH FIELD because our CBs are terrible.

Arch is still learning all the nuances of Greg's system. He does get out of position from time to time. Of course playing against the Colt's receivers will magnify the problem. Harrison and Wayne are exceptional because they can consistently do this to corners.

Arch's seems to do well against the run but is still struggling to play the disciplined safety position against the pass. Thankfully, Troy Vincent can handle pass defense but his run stopping skills were shaky against the Colts.

I understand everyone’s frustration, but unless you guys are watching a different broadcast than I am. They never show the defensive secondary long enough (accept on replays) to make an accurate statement about who is doing their job and who isn’t.

Sure, it’s easy to blame the guy closest to the ball on a long pass play, but you never know if it was really his job to be covering the receiver, or if he busted is *** to get there even though it wasn’t his job.

It’s easy to see that our DB’s are playing poorly, but it’s hard to say who is to blame….

Then explain to me exactly how Taylor is getting beat on the opposite side of the field in the same schemes?

Both safeties, Taylor, and Arch, are covering WAY TOO MUCH FIELD because our CBs are terrible.

Exactly..

arch is not playing best in our secondary, that accolade goes to shawn taylor, who is consistenly in the picture on the run and the pass, even if he is getting beat (for reasons already brought up). the problem is, to be the best in our secondary this year does mean anything, because our secondary is terrible.

There's more to it then that. We get no pressure from the front four, and our blitzing schemes with our LB's don't work. Granted our secondary is playing like **** on a stick which makes the situation worse.

If anything I've noticed when QB's go deep against us, 90% of the time I see Arch trailing by at least 3 yards ala Roy Williams vs. Santana Moss. And these are not like the plays Taylor is in on, I've seen arch start on the same hash the intended receiver starts on, arch backpedals, wr blows by him and THEN he turns his hip. He's like 2 seconds late sometimes on turning his friggin hips! And you can't make the excuse that he's looking in the backfield too much, his speed just flat out isn't there. Watch the previous films, I have them all on my DVR.

And Kenny Wrong and Mike Rumph-no-skillz-man are a horrible tandem.

GC

Archived