Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The trade; Does Denver get our number 4 pick in the draft

brandies

http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm

Denver will receive compensation from Washington as their part of a deal in which the Broncos sent WR Ashley Lelie to Atlanta and the Falcons sent RB T.J. Duckett to Washington. Depending on how the Broncos and Redskins finish in the final standings, the two teams could exchange first-round picks outright if Denver has a significantly lower pick than the Redskins; the teams could flip-flop their first-rounders and the Broncos get a fourth-rounder in 2008; the teams flip-flop their first-rounders and the Broncos get a third- rounder next year; or the Broncos get a third-rounder in 2007 and a fourth-rounder in 2008.

This doesn't clear things up for me at all.

whether it is true or not is still open to debate, but if the rumors that the Skins traded for Duckett and gave up a #3 pick to keep him away from the Eagles is true I have really lost a lot of respect for this organization.

the Redskins, even after coming off a 10-6 campaign, were hardly in the position talent wise to deal high draft picks merely to keep a player from a rival.

this is the kind of thing you do when your team is 14-2 and you are concerned that an 11-5 type team might be able to come up to your level with that extra player.

I'm pretty sure the last yr. of duckett's contract is voidable. Isn't it possible that we are holding him out so he doesn't reach his benchmarks to void the final year and then he will still be under contract for 2007? Does anyone know what incentives TJ must reach to void the last year?

the further away denver is from us in the standings the better

they get a 3rd rounders worth in trade value

if denver won the SB and we got the first overall pick

NO we would not swap picks

if denver had the 12 pick and we had the 5th pick,we probably would swap picks.

the further away denver is from us in the standings the better

they get a 3rd rounders worth in trade value

if denver won the SB and we got the first overall pick

NO we would not swap picks

if denver had the 12 pick and we had the 5th pick,we probably would swap picks.

yep - I've seen many variations and exxagerations on this trade that just tries to make it look worse than it is. - Kinda like we traded 3 draft picks for Jason Campbell.

this thread points up the stupidity of yet another deal by the Redskins in 2006.

this club did such a good job in bringing in Washington, Springs and Griffin in 2004, in drafting Taylor and Cooley that year.

in 2006 I can't think of a single move that has paid off well for the team.

the Redskins traded up for McIntosh and then tell us 7 weeks into the season he isn't ready to participate in any meaningful way in the regular defense? when the starter is Warrick Holdman? Give me a break :mad:

the free agents are duds.

Carter hasn't effectively played DE going back to the 2003-2004 seasons. Why pay $30 million for a player without current premium production? Was anyone else going to give Carter megabucks?

Archuleta was a greed pick. We didn't need him. He is like a hood ornament on a Mercedes. We could have resigned Clark for less or acquired a vet like Vincent as a stop gap. Omar Stoutmire at 32 is now starting in New Orleans after getting released by the Redskins.

Where has Christian Fauria been? I haven't seen any clutch catches or crunching blocks out of our New England hero.

Since the team wasn't going to throw deep, Lloyd was an unnecessary addition.

Randle El has looked the best of all so far, probably because on punt returns he doesn't need Brunell or anyone else to get him the ball :laugh:

Finally, the Duckett trade. A so-so rusher with one big skill, using his 250 pound body in short yardage, and then never to use him on those plays.

yep - I've seen many variations and exxagerations on this trade that just tries to make it look worse than it is. - Kinda like we traded 3 draft picks for Jason Campbell.

As far as Campbell is concerned it is basically 3 picks.

He is not playing imagine if we didnt do he trade, that would have been 3 players actually contributing to the team now.

As far as Campbell is concerned it is basically 3 picks.

He is not playing imagine if we didnt do he trade, that would have been 3 players actually contributing to the team now.

we gave up a 1st and a 3rd to get a 1st a year early. - Had the trade not been made, we could have gotten 2 players instead of 1, not 3.

this thread points up the stupidity of yet another deal by the Redskins in 2006.

this club did such a good job in bringing in Washington, Springs and Griffin in 2004, in drafting Taylor and Cooley that year.

the Redskins traded up for McIntosh and then tell us 7 weeks into the season he isn't ready to participate in any meaningful way in the regular defense? when the starter is Warrick Holdman? Give me a break :mad:

That is pretty much my take. Under the Gibbs tenure, '04 was a great offseason, since then nothing has worked out. Trading away picks for players we apparently MUST have, just to have them sit on the bench.

We traded a 2nd for Rocky to be a special teamer and backup to Warrick Holdman to this point. Maybe by the time the pick we spent on him is made he will be seeing some substantial time.

Traded, still to be determined, but 3rd round pick value points for Duckett in what appears to be a total panic move. That is the only reasonable explanation.

I realize Gibbs and Williams hardly play rookies, especially early on, but that wasn't the case with Cooley and H-back in his offense was one of the most mentally demanding positions.

the free agents are duds.

Carter hasn't effectively played DE going back to the 2003-2004 seasons. Why pay $30 million for a player without current premium production? Was anyone else going to give Carter megabucks?

Archuleta was a greed pick. We didn't need him. He is like a hood ornament on a Mercedes. We could have resigned Clark for less or acquired a vet like Vincent as a stop gap. Omar Stoutmire at 32 is now starting in New Orleans after getting released by the Redskins.

Where has Christian Fauria been? I haven't seen any clutch catches or crunching blocks out of our New England hero.

Since the team wasn't going to throw deep, Lloyd was an unnecessary addition.

Randle El has looked the best of all so far, probably because on punt returns he doesn't need Brunell or anyone else to get him the ball :laugh:

Finally, the Duckett trade. A so-so rusher with one big skill, using his 250 pound body in short yardage, and then never to use him on those plays.

I'm not as cool on the Carter and Lloyd acquisitions as you are, but otherwise I have to agree. Archuleta in particular was wasteful, and while I actually like Duckett and understand the reason for the move in the hours after Portis' injury, to have failed to use him at all is mystifying to me (your suggestion that they are getting out of voiding his contract is interesting and I'll have to check on that; I'd always thought he was a UFA after this season with no reservations).

Our decisions and player development in the defensive secondary are killing us. Not only is Stoutmire starting, but so is Walt Harris. How Kenny Wright was holding down a starting job last year for a respectable defense in Jacksonville I'll never know because he looks lost out there. Jimoh has been invisible after seeming to me to improve into a respectable nickel/dime CB, and Rogers seems to have regressed. WTF is going on around here?

That was a steep trade up. The Jets now own the Redskins' 2007 2nd round pick. Considering the fact that the Jets cleaned house in the 2006 draft under the new FO, that 2nd rounder is looking like it could yield a solid player for New York.

Archived