Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is the accountability?

SkinsTight

What is the biggest disapointment so far?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest disapointment so far?

• Our O-line; with the penalties, lack of time for Brunell, no running game...
    • Our D; GW has done well with less, even with the injuries they should be doing much better
    • Brunell; the guy is done, nice guy, but he should be putting up much better numbers
    • New WR; Lloyd had done a better job complaining then making plays, Antwan is only a SP player
    • Coaches; you have three of the best coaches in the game, better results expected with this talent

It is going to be a long night for me; I probably won’t be able to sleep. That is what happened when the skins lose.

It's bothers me a lot after the post game show that all Gibbs talked about what how great a bunch of guys he has, how hard they work and how he didn't get out of the bus when the fan was sending the team off. It seems like the same old song every week. How come no one is getting mad? How come no one is yelling or screaming? Where is the accountability?

Why are we the most penalized team? So many why’s, Why? Why? Why?

Sorry if am not making any sense guys, it just hurts so bad inside seeing my beloved team in this kind of state.

It is going to be a long night for me; I probably won’t be able to sleep. That is what happened when the skins lose.

It's bothers me a lot after the post game show that all Gibbs talked about what how great a bunch of guys he has, how hard they work and how he didn't get out of the bus when the fan was sending the team off. It seems like the same old song every week. How come no one is getting mad? How come no one is yelling or screaming? Where is the accountability?

Sorry if am not making any sense guys, it just hurts so bad inside seeing my beloved team in this kind of state.

My question is where are the leaders on this team? Back in the "Glory Days" the players held one another accountable....where are those guys now? Guys like Jacoby, Grimm, Mann, Green just to name a few held players accountable.

Mike Sellers is right it just seems like there are a bunch of guys collecting paychecks and that's it.

I can appreciate what you are saying but I have to laugh every time people say that the coaching staff needs to get pissed to wake these guys up.

Afterall, we saw what a great effect the Dennis Green emotional tirade from their Monday Night debacle vs. Chicago had on the team this week in Oakland.....Green blows a gasket and the team lays on the ground vs. a horrible Raiders team.

"I can appreciate what you are saying but I have to laugh every time people say that the coaching staff needs to get pissed to wake these guys up.

Afterall, we saw what a great effect the Dennis Green emotional tirade from their Monday Night debacle vs. Chicago had on the team this week in Oakland.....Green blows a gasket and the team lays on the ground vs. a horrible Raiders team."

I hear what you saying man, Yelling and scream may not be the answer but honestly I wouldn't mind seeing some of those right about NOW!

there is such collective accountability that ironically it leads to no individual accountability. everyone from the coaches to the players blames the collective whole and players talk about looking inside themselves, but then the team comes out and for the third time this season plays a half of football and then fails to come back out on the field for the second half.

I guess the heat in the press, and ugliness from the fans isn't enough?

Maybe we should flog the players? put Gibbs on the rack?

Yeah, the anti-Brunell and anti-Gibbs rhetoric is reaching a fever pitch, and its really not helpful. I think Gibbs is still a great coach, but the disfunctionality is organisational in nature. The teams problems have nothing to do with the character of the guys on the team or the coaching. They have everything to do with the fact that Being coach, GM, and Team President just doesn't seem to be a winning combination. Gibbs has botched the personnel side of things from day 1, and last year was fortunate enough to be able to coach his way out of it. Now the personnel mistakes are just too many and things are unraveling. It didn't work when Marty was here, and now Gibbs is having the same problem. "Accountability" starts with getting a real GM.

Repeating myself...

Why are we the most penalized team in the NFL?

Why does the play clock continues to expire before the play is called?

Why didn't we re-sign smoot, Ryan Clark and A. Pierce? Those were our core guys.

Why? Why? Why?

The best answer I can come up with is a certain amount of arrogance. The attitude that "we can do whatever we want and its going to work because we are the ones doing it." As I stated in my previous post, putting Gibbs in the position of having final say and total control over all facets of the organisation simply is not breeding success. Gibbs went to the Hall of Fame as a coach, not as a GM. His mistakes at GM are compromising his ability to succede as a coach.

I can appreciate what you are saying but I have to laugh every time people say that the coaching staff needs to get pissed to wake these guys up.

Afterall, we saw what a great effect the Dennis Green emotional tirade from their Monday Night debacle vs. Chicago had on the team this week in Oakland.....Green blows a gasket and the team lays on the ground vs. a horrible Raiders team.

I know it man. I feel for those guys.

The tension started to spill during the game. ie Brandon Loyd. The press isn't going to let that go. I think they smell a scoop now. You'll see some "accountability" coming real soon.

Look, we've got a super smart bunch of guys here, and they're all fighting their guts out here.

Oh, and we've got the best fans, and I'm sorry the bus didn't stop to say hi to the fans as we left Redskin park.

Lol.

Gibbsspeak for the defense couldn't tackle and the offensive line couldn't block and we;ll be staying with unable to throw 25 yards Brunell after the bye. Yikes.

Archived