Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Around the NFL - Week 8

Brave

Some fast starts this week.

Pittsburgh is hitting their stride. 21-0 over Baltimore. Wonder if old Kordell is crying on the sidelines.

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets - 21-3 over Cleveland (who I believe I posted before the season was NOT a playoff team like so many were predicting.)

And don't look now but Cincy has a 2 TD lead over Tennessee. When's the last time they lead by 2 TDs over anyone?

- How sweet it is to see the Ratbirds from Bmore lose like the way there are losing now. :) The vaunted Maddox-to-Burress connection is killing them!

- The Jets finally have a QB who can get the ball to those speedy WRs they have. And that's good for me because I JUST signed Santana Moss in my fantasy league AND started him today.

- The New Orleans brass look like experts for trading Ricky away and giving the job to Deuce.

The slow start to the scoring in the Oakland/KC game is suprising me today. The weather may be slowing things down some but I still expect to see things pick up.

Emmit is running well today. He is about 30 yards away from the record as of a few minutes to go. Hopefully the Seahawks keep up the shoddy run "d" until next week.

YEa I saw that dropped hail Mary, Chad should be pi$$ed at him for that but this is Emmitt's day and I believe he will have no problem gettting the record today. Also Dilfer is lost for the year, I think, with a torn achillies. I think that is what they said happened

Im pretty suprised with the Lion's performance. They are playing very well against Buffalo. I assumed the Bills would have this all wrapped up by half time. Detriot is getting a good performance from their offense and defense.

As was mentioned by Nerm and Brave Hutchinson is really struggling for Dalas. Seems a lot like QC with out the interceptions.

Tennessee was down 14-6 and scored a TD to make it 14-12. Can anyone tell me why they WOULDN'T go for a 2-pt conversion in this situation? They kicked an extra point and now they're down 14-13.

What's the point of kicking?

Thats a good point Brave. I could only guess the Titans are going to wait it out to see if the Bengals score again. They can always go for two later if they need the point...that is assuming the Titans score another TD.

Looks like the Falcons are for real. They are sticking it to the Saints right now.

Carolina will probably invent some new way to lose this game, but right now they are giving Tampa Bay all they can handle.

The Panthers lead 6-3 and are driving for more with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd. Would LOVE to see that happen.

:)

The Saints just got on the board again on a brooks TD pass to Horn. That game is probably going to go back and fourth until the end. Wish I was watching it.

Im also suprised by Carolina's performance. Whats the deal with TB? Are they not allowed by NFL rule to have a good offense?

Archived