Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why does Ladell Betts get carries?

Tweezy

Alright, I mean I know that Clinton can't carry the ball every time, and that someone has to come in and occasionally relieve him, but really, why against Tennessee did CP only get 14 carries? I do not understand why we keep giving Ladell carries, what has he EVER done, sure he rushed for 100 yards against Houston, but Ernest Byner could come back and still do that. Against Minnesota, CP played sparringly and still had a better game than Ladell. He is garbage, and should get at the most five carries a game. REDSKIN NATION ARE YOU WITH ME?!?!?!

:logo:

4.6 yds a carry...8.4 yds a reception...ya he sucks

Ive always thought he should of been the starter back instead of trung candidate who is probably packing groceries these days, maybe he could of been groomed into a #1 but I would still take him as a solid #2 anyday

I wonder why Gibbs has resisted putting him in the rotation.

Gibbs has said they need the extra gameday roster slot for a Tight End in this system.

Then he ranted a little about how its BS that they have to pay 53 people but they can only use 45 of them on gameday.

It sounded pretty legit that he would love to use Duckett but they didn't have the space for him yet.

if i hear t.j. duckett one more time im gonna go CRAZY. betts has proved himself and hes still not a good enough backup for you people. i bet hardly anyone on the board has seen duckett carry a football more than maybe three times. betts shouldnt be behind some old falcon scrub. keep betts at #2.

back to the main topic, i agree. id like to see betts get less carries but STILL rotate in... just less often. i was gettin mad a few weeks ago screaming at the tv calling betts our starter because he got so many carries.

Gibbs has said they need the extra gameday roster slot for a Tight End in this system.

Then he ranted a little about how its BS that they have to pay 53 people but they can only use 45 of them on gameday.

It sounded pretty legit that he would love to use Duckett but they didn't have the space for him yet.

Yes, but even on days when Duckett was active (like the Giants game)...he wasn't used.

Tweezy, let me explain something. You're an idiot.

Betts could be a first string RB on about 20 other teams in the NFL.

He's a different kind of runner than CP which is why he is used.

Learn something about football before you start a post.

I like Ladell but he can't keep his footing. He gets tackled way too easily. I want to see TJ take his place as #2.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think we need to run portis the majority of the time and use duckett to wear down defenses in the second half, especially the fourth quarter. Betts just hasnt shown me anything.

if i hear t.j. duckett one more time im gonna go CRAZY. betts has proved himself and hes still not a good enough backup for you people. i bet hardly anyone on the board has seen duckett carry a football more than maybe three times. betts shouldnt be behind some old falcon scrub. keep betts at #2.

back to the main topic, i agree. id like to see betts get less carries but STILL rotate in... just less often. i was gettin mad a few weeks ago screaming at the tv calling betts our starter because he got so many carries.

Running against a bum defense (Houston) proves nothing. You want proof look at the 3rd and 1 against dallas when instead of banging the ball through an open hole, betts decided to run parallel with the line of scrimmage. And Duckett was not scrub in Atlanta, he had better stats than Betts did last year. 8 TDs to Betts 1. I think the guy should be applauded for not bashing this team.

the better question is, "why is james thrash playing so much?" dude's in all the time now. i don't get it.

Yeah i noticed that too. I think the coaches are hoping that teams will be more focused on our other receivers and thrash will get open, which he did against tennessee, but Brunell was too focused on Moss to realize it.

Running against a bum defense (Houston) proves nothing. You want proof look at the 3rd and 1 against dallas when instead of banging the ball through an open hole, betts decided to run parallel with the line of scrimmage. And Duckett was not scrub in Atlanta, he had better stats than Betts did last year. 8 TDs to Betts 1. I think the guy should be applauded for not bashing this team.

who cares how many handoffs each gets near the goalline. mike sellers and clinton portis got the majority of ours. and you just made a conclusion from two plays. betts' rushing avg was better. make a conclusion from that. i dont like betts gettin too many carries either but youre bein unreasonable IMO.

p.s. duckett is a scrub :laugh:

who cares how many handoffs each gets near the goalline. mike sellers and clinton portis got the majority of ours. and you just made a conclusion from two plays. betts' rushing avg was better. make a conclusion from that. i dont like betts gettin too many carries either but youre bein unreasonable IMO.

p.s. duckett is a scrub :laugh:

yea i guess 4.8 yards a carry this year makes him a scrub. Betts only good game was against Houston. The guy ran for -2 yards against the titans and your talking like his a feature back.

Archived