Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Olbermann's latest gem. . .

chomerics

I don't see what is so funny about Keith Olberman discussing this issue. It would seem that some of you would stand around, oblivious to events, until the government does indeed take advantage of these laws, and to the detriment of you, me and other American citizens. And I think it is a little to believe that, when such laws in place, there isn't a possibility of that happening. Do you believe we are invulnerable from power abuse merely because we are the United States, or because we have a Republican in charge?

If another large attack happens in this nation, do you really believe that things may not change, and not necessarily for the better of this nation's citizens?

Conservatives supposedly question power and the government, but all I see are conservatives who meekly go along with anything that the administration says, merely because...well, because he is not a Democrat. That type of thinking is going to get us all in trouble because it is short-sighted and blinds you to what has, and may, happen to this nation. We do not have lions in this nation, when it comes to our government, but merely mice who say "Whatever you say, we'll go along with it!" We should have concerns, and not merely mock them because "the other side" expresses these concerns.

Disappointing.

Brilliant post! I think you hit it perfectly. What you described is a huge problem on both sides of the aisle that only ends in politicians benefting and not being accountable while the people lose. It is dissapointing.

Olbermann is a patriot. The general public is, frankly, not worthy of his insights and suppositions.

:laugh:

But seriously folks. Politics aside, Olbermann is just horrible as a "newscaster". Completely horrendous. He tries so hard to show us how "witty" he is that it is just laughable. And the format of his "countdown" show is just as bad. The loud graphics and loud music, along with his loud obnoxious voice all mixed together makes his program simply unwatchable. It really explains why his program is consistently one of the worst in that time slot. If a fool like Bill O'Reilly can dominate him in the ratings, you know he sucks.

Why am I not surprised that Chommie has a man-crush on the guy. :doh:

It really explains why his program is consistently one of the worst in that time slot.

ANother bold faced lie from the unenlightened. . .

He is usually second in the time slot to O'Reily and he is gaining viewers, while Bill is losing viewers. It takes time to build up a loyal base, and he hasn;t been at it long enogh to do so. . .but when he finally overtakes the windbag O'Reily will you be around to admit you are wrong? I doubt it very much. . .

ANother bold faced lie from the unenlightened. . .

He is usually second in the time slot to O'Reily and he is gaining viewers, while Bill is losing viewers. It takes time to build up a loyal base, and he hasn;t been at it long enogh to do so. . .but when he finally overtakes the windbag O'Reily will you be around to admit you are wrong? I doubt it very much. . .

:laugh: He's had his Countdown show for 3 1/2 years now. :doh:

He's not enough close to O'Reilly in ratings. As as matter of fact, the last ratings report I saw a month ago had Countdown 12th overall in all cable news programs and fourth out of four in his time slot (I do remember in another thread when you pulled out a ratings for a "one week period" to show him in a distant second. Nice try on that one chommie. :laugh: )

Your man-crush on this guy is clouding your brain (and the contant bong hits don't help either).

:laugh: He's had his Countdown show for 3 1/2 years now. :doh:

He's not enough close to O'Reilly in ratings. As as matter of fact, the last ratings report I saw a month ago had Countdown 12th overall in all cable news programs and fourth out of four in his time slot (I do remember in another thread when you pulled out a ratings for a "one week period" to show him in a distant second. Nice try on that one chommie. :laugh: )

Your man-crush on this guy is clouding your brain (and the contant bong hits don't help either).

Again nelms, in your right wing reality, you are wrong. He is second in his time slot almost every night, and he is gaining viewership. Dismiss his ratings if you want, but if you actually take a look at them, and you will see that he has consistantly come in second in his timeslot, and is again climbing.

Since that first commentary, Olbermann's nightly audience has increased 69 percent, according to Nielsen Media Research. This past Monday 834,000 people tuned in, virtually double his season average and more than CNN competitors Paula Zahn and Nancy Grace. Cable kingpin and Olbermann nemesis Bill O'Reilly (two million viewers that night) stands in his way.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061008/ap_en_tv/tv_keith_olbermann

Again nelms, in your right wing reality, you are wrong. He is second in his time slot almost every night, and he is gaining viewership. Dismiss his ratings if you want, but if you actually take a look at them, and you will see that he has consistantly come in second in his timeslot, and is again climbing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061008/ap_en_tv/tv_keith_olbermann

I see that your man-crush continues. :laugh:

Do you understand television ratings? Are you now claiming to be an expert in that area, as you do every other topic? You have to look at ratings over a broader period of time. So what that Olbermann's ratings have increased lately. Can he keep these ratings up in the next 2 or 3 quarters? Can he stay consistent night in and night out? He is still behind Paula Zhan in that time slot for the year. Of course, O'Reilly's audience is still more than double Olbermann's audience, even with the little gains he has made recently.

Give it up chommie. The guys sucks.

Archived