Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Mark Brunell, Throw Some Bombs Baby! Go DEEP!

redskingluvr

If the men on this ship can sail thru enemy waters for a month, to Australia to repair this Heavy Cruiser, and fight in every major conlfict, having been listed as the 'No Boat' 'lost at sea with all hands lost', and called the 'Miracle Ship'.

The odds on bets agiants them onboard their small escarts was 50 to 1 due to the enemy waters, and 100 to 1 when two bad storms blew up and they all spent 24 hours straight doing sally duty. My grandfather was a firecontrolman, aimed the big 20" guns on the front. He was in the bird's nest above the explosion and jumped out to avoid the fireball, he landed 55 feet below on the steel deck and was offered the chance to go home. He refused, and recovered on board in time for hte next battle they entered.

They got 17 battle stars. He wound up on the ship as punishment, after being ordered by Halsey onboard another vessel in San Francisco to shoot a deserter and intentionally firing over him. His punishment was to scoop the dead bodies off the bottom of Pearl Harbor. He survived the entire war and was in every major pacific groundf advance providing fire support and every major naval battle. He was there for the peace envoys with China and the taking of Okinawa. He also tried out for the Redskins prior to leaving for the Navy, he left boot camp after making the team to go to real boot camp.

Look at the ship. Look at it's condition. I don't care what our players battles are, or about personell or coaching struggles. This group can win, if they decide to. Throw hard, throw long, get more accurate like these men did, and do not give up no matter what.

The Redskins still have a chance. If these men can do it, so can Brunell.

They got their bow blown off due to a bad call by the CO the fleet, who was new on the post. When asked if they wanted a new CO, they said HELL NO! 'Praise the Lord and pass the ammo!" was coined by them instead. Throw some bombs for us Mr Brunell.

Raub, I have to admit, I like your sig. Anyway, no offense but I think the comparison of a generation some claim to be our greatest and that stood up to face a complete elimination of freedom in this world and complete genocide is a bit of a reach for our skins. I admit, it's gonna take a noble effort and nothing short of the type of determination you are talking about, but it's still different...

saying its different is usually a weak argument...but, its different ya know?

You guys might get a kick out of this, the name of the CO that was transferred in one day before the Battle of Tassafronga where the bow was blown off, was named Wright.......end of story is he turned into a helluva CO........

My uncle Junior Walker who came back from the war mostly deaf due to explosions too close to his head, announced very loudly that he didn't mind having the bow blown off, cuz it made the ship alot shorter and harder to hit.......then he gave us his big goofy grin.....

He does wish it could have gone a little faster without the bow on tho, he thinks he would have been a bit less nervous and might have eaten better if they had been able to go over 3 knots on the way thru enemy infested waters to Australia for 26 days......

Archived