Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schedule not favorable

wpenn1

Folks I was just looking at the remaining schedule and I can't pick out one game I think the skins will win.

I know they will win some of these games but I don't which ones. All of those teams are playing better than the skins.

Which games do you see the skins winning. Please no homers or doomsdayers. Realistic fans only please.

Well I saw the skins winning the home opener and against the Titans. Guess my predicting sucks.

I think we can beat the colts, and not looking past any teams on the schedule I would say we will play the rest of the NFC East close at home. Tampa could be a W for us but at this point there's no telling because our team has duel personalities.

I'll be more ready to answer this after the colts game because depending on how we play Sunday IMO will be the identity of this team for the rest of the year.

I think we can turn the season around with a victory over Indy.

It's easier said than done, but, it was an 0-5 team that had absolutely no chance that came out victorious over the Skins last week; this was the same team that almost beat Indy the previous week.

If we beat Indy, we then have a bye week to address some of the growing concerns on defense.

Dallas coming into our home, after a bye week, must win game for the team and the city, I have no reason to believe why we shouldn't win that game, as well.

At 4-4 The season is somewhat turned around.

It's going to get really bad, though, if we go into the bye week w/ a loss, I think you could see a possible change at QB.

It's easier said than done, but, it was an 0-5 team that had absolutely no chance that came out victorious over the Skins last week; this was the same team that almost beat Indy the previous week.

If we beat Indy, we then have a bye week to address some of the growing concerns on defense.

Dallas coming into our home, after a bye week, must win game for the team and the city, I have no reason to believe why we shouldn't win that game, as well.

It's going to get really bad, though, if we go into the bye week w/ a loss, I think you could see a possible change at QB.

I agree with almost everything you said except that the titans and others thought the titans could beat the skins. They believed that because the titans played well in their loss to the colts and the skins looked ****ty in their loss.

It's so tough to say because if all teams (including us) continue the whole season at the level they're playing at now, we could lose every game in theory. But teams improve/get worse/get hurt/get healthy throughout the year. The Skins could turn it around next week against the Colts and prove us all wrong, kind of like we got it working during the last 5 games last year.

I gotta tell you I find it amazing how everyone (including myself) was fuming over the loss on Sunday but yet a majority of us really feel we will beat the colts. Maybe it's the homer in most of us, maybe not but I can't help but feel that this season is still very much alive for us. Maybe it's denial, I don't know, but Sunday will help me find out.

I gotta tell you I find it amazing how everyone (including myself) was fuming over the loss on Sunday but yet a majority of us really feel we will beat the colts. Maybe it's the homer in most of us, maybe not but I can't help but feel that this season is still very much alive for us. Maybe it's denial, I don't know, but Sunday will help me find out.

Just look at what history has taught us. Going all the way back to when Gibbs first benched Ramsey, after we looked completely useless on offense against the Bears in week 1 last year, and the town was in disarray.

No one in the world gave us a chance to win at Dallas.

Out of nowhere, we lose to the Raiders at home :rolleyes:

We kept it close against a heavily favored SanDiego Chargers, even though we lost that game, people had us losing by 15-20 points, it wasn't supposed to be close; it ended up going into overtime.

At 5-6 there was pure pandemonium. Everyone hit the panic button, there was no way we would beat Arizona and St. Louis on the road, and then beat Dallas New York and Philly.

Do you see a pattern here?

This team always does the unexpected, whether it be a huge victory over the Jaguars, or a huge let down against the Titans.

I joked around with people at my work, that the Skins' were the type of team to lose to the Titans one week, and then come out and beat the Colts; however, my official prediction was that: we would beat the Titans; perhaps that was my inner homer in me hoping that this team could change it's ways and stay consistent.

For some reason, it takes situations like this to motivate this team; I don't think it is totally out of the ordinary, based on the past, that this team comes out and beats Indy; if history is any indication, this story is unfinished.

Though, If we lose to both Indy and Dallas, then it's over, my friends :)

Just look at what history has taught us. Going all the way back to when Gibbs first benched Ramsey, after we looked completley useless on offense against the Bears in week 1 last year, and the town was in disarray.

No one in the world gave us a chance to win that game.

Out of nowhere, we lose to the Raiders at home :rolleyes:

We kept it close against a heavily favored SanDiego Chargers, even though we lost that game, people had us losing by 15-20 points, it wasn't supposed to be close; it ended up going into overtime.

At 5-6 there was pure pandemonium. Everyone hit the panic button, there was no way we would beat Arizona and St. Louis on the road, and then beat Dallas NewYork and Philly.

Do you see a pattern here?

This team always does the unexpected, whether it be a huge victory over the Jagaurs, or a huge let down against the Titans.

I joked around with people at my work, that the Skins' were the type of team to lose to the Titans one week, and then come out and beat the Colts; however, my official prediction was that: we would beat the Titans; perhaps that was my inner homer in me hoping that this team could change it's ways and stay consistent.

For some reason, it takes situations like this to motivate this team; I don't think it is totally out of the ordinary, based on the past, that this team comes out and beats Indy; if history is any indication, this story is unfinished.

Though, If we lose to both Indy and Dallas, the it's over, my friends :)

Not trying to be debbie downer as I think the season is still alive, but one huge factor from last year to this year was the that the D held kept us alive while the offense started to click. This year both sides of the ball haven't meshed well so if we do rally the sesaon, then this will be on of the greatest turnarounds in NFL history.

Like I said before, this game in Indy will tell us more about this team and the season then any other point in time right now.

Not trying to be debbie downer as I think the season is still alive, but one huge factor from last year to this year was the that the D held kept us alive while the offense started to click. This year both sides of the ball haven't meshed well so if we do rally the sesaon, then this will be on of the greatest turnarounds in NFL history.

Like I said before, this game in Indy will tell us more about this team and the season then any other point in time right now.

Let's just get past the Colts! :)

Then hopefully they can fix some of the problems on defense, during the bye week, kind of like the Giants did.

With the way our defense and Brunell have been playing, PLEASE somebody tell me we are not living in denial thinking we can come out of this season with a WINNING record.

10/22 @ Colts

11/5 vs. Cowboys

11/12 @ Eagles

11/19 @ Buccaneers

11/26 vs. Panthers

12/3 vs. Falcons

12/10 vs. Eagles

12/17 @ Saints

12/24 @ Rams

12/30 vs. Giants

:doh:

With the way our defense and Brunell have been playing, PLEASE somebody tell me we are not living in denial thinking we can come out of this season with a WINNING record.

10/22 @ Colts

11/5 vs. Cowboys

11/12 @ Eagles

11/19 @ Buccaneers

11/26 vs. Panthers

12/3 vs. Falcons

12/10 vs. Eagles

12/17 @ Saints

12/24 @ Rams

12/30 vs. Giants

:doh:

We might be able to beat the Bucs, Falcons and Rams

That's about it for the level we're playing

We're past the easy part of the schedule. We better find some smash mouth or we're gonna be in a world of hurt

The Titan Texan, and Viking games were the only easy games we have had, up until this point.

Not that this is an excuse, but It seems like we play everybody on a short week:

@ Dallas short week

@ NY (after a bye week)

@ Indy (after a bye week)

@ Philly (after a bye week)

I guess that's what we get for being in the playoffs last year.

Which games do you see the skins winning. Please no homers or doomsdayers. Realistic fans only please.

Are you serious? I think we all realize that predictions are useless as tits on a bull. No matter what context they are in or how they are asked they are just plain stupid. The way this team is playing I don't think any of us can make any predictions. What idiot would say, "hey guys 'ort 'ort duh er' um I um 'er think we're going to win ten straight, or um 'er we're going to beat the Colts." "I've got a great feeling about next week."...etc...

Give me a break! We can believe and support this team without being complete idiots. Lets just call a spade a spade. We aren't very good right now, and this team may not be as talented as we thought, as a unit. Sometimes you can have tons of guys that are talented and stars on a team, but that don't make them good as a team...Yankees of football. That's exactly what we are. You know what though, I still love this team no matter what. Homer? No way, I'm just a realist. While all of you were drinking the Kool aid (as I was too at times), I recognized that it was possible that we were going to have a losing season. Who knows what's going to happen. ---- predictions. Just remember, we're still in it and get ready to have some pain for the next few years too. If it doesn't work out this season we'll likely struggle for the next 2 or 3 years. Get ready for anything, that's my prediction.

HTTR!

We might be able to beat the Bucs, Falcons and Rams

That's about it for the level we're playing

We're not on the Rams level. They look like a playoff team.

The Falcons have the #1 rush offense in the NFL and we can't stop the run.

Two weeks ago I would of said Bucs for sure, but now they're starting to play better.

The Skins are in Detroit territory.

Archived