Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports: High-priced Bucs on market as deadline nears

illone

DONT LET VINNY SEE THAT............

denver will call him and get a three way deal and we will lose our first rounder and get a waterboy and a box of used jocks............while denver gets rice.......

CORRECTION: Denver will get Rice, our 2007 first rounder, and our first rounders in 2008-2012 provided they are better than the 33rd pick.

Rice owned Samuels last year. He is a very good DE.

The key word is LAST YEAR. Apparently alot has changed since last year. Daniels could pass rush, Rogers could cover, Washington could tackle anybody around. How old is Rice, and how many injuries has he had. Those questions should be answered first before we try to get him. We need to start focusing on getting quality players, not players with well-known names.

I think Rice would be worth our first round pick, but that's it.

Is this Vinny Cerrato or Daniel Synder because i thought they are the only guys who like to give up draft picks for declining players past thier prime. You would be a great fit in the Redskins front office.

The only player I'd be interested in is Booger, but he has a phat contract.

How much you want to bet we were the team inquiring about Clements?

Nate Clements is five years younger that Springs and already knows the defense. I'd say we have to consider it. The trade would only be for his contract this year (10 games), so that can't be worth more than a 4th rounder.

The only player I'd be interested in is Booger, but he has a phat contract.

How much you want to bet we were the team inquiring about Clements?

We probably were.

If Clements goes anywhere before the deadline, I seriously hope it is here. He's only 26, can tackle, can catch the ball, and played under GW/Jerry Gray for a number of years. He's the ideal acquisiton if we can't rely on Rogers as our #1 down the line and need help in the secondary.

Troy Vincent casts a lot of doubt on our willingness and ability to make that move, though.

We need a D-line and some corners. McFarland and Clements would be nice, but realistically, I would want Clements (younger, knows g-will's system, fills a bigger need).

If we could trade for Clements... we may have a chance this year. Not only that, we need insurance at CB and while Vincent is a GREAT pickup, he' 35. Springs is also not getting any younger and the jury is still out on Rogers.

Duckett and a late pick for Clements.

Is this Vinny Cerrato or Daniel Synder because i thought they are the only guys who like to give up draft picks for declining players past thier prime. You would be a great fit in the Redskins front office.

Say what you want but he's still frightening QBs and destroying RBs like it's his job....wait a minute...it is his job.

Troy Vincent casts a lot of doubt on our willingness and ability to make that move, though.

Not at all, actually. Vincent is coming off a year where he played safety. Surely the Skins know where he is at with his current skill set.

I'm certain if the Skins want Clements they will find a way to make it work. My main problem with that is giving up a high draft pick. If we do a 4th rounder like whitejimmy suggests, I would be all for it. As long as it's not a first day pick. I'd like to keep those for a change.

Plus, you have to know that Greg Williams knows exactly what he wants out of his corners. He's been quoted going over fundamentals. Is that not where we lack the most focus right now? Missed tackles and poor execution.

Archived