Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Troy Vincent is at Redskins Park

Execution56

I wouldn't mind him coming in and playing the Pierson Prioleau role. Drop in coverage and allow Arch to do what he is best at--run support and blitz, blitz and more blitz.

Right about now, our defensive unit as a whole ( players and coaches) are not getting it done. I only see fire in three players: Taylor, Springs and Daniels.. The others need to step it up drastically. I do not care who you have at QB, when your defense can not stop a run or pass play for their lives.. your QB will have to be involved in a shootout EVERYTIME. I hope JC and TC are ready because they will have to play in a panic just like MB is.

"The Redskins are expected to use him in nickel packages at safety, and possibly at cornerback. To make room for Vincent, the team released safety Curry Burns. "

YES!!!!

With this signing boys and girls is exactly WHY we are the luckiest fans in the NFL...

Will he make an impact? Maybe. Will ha be a bust? Maybe.

I just feel that when you have an organization like we do...an organization willing to spend money and make moves continuously, EVENTUALLT you WILL get the right recipe.

This team is on it's way to the Super Bowl...it may not happen this year or next, but we WILL eventually get the right recipe and that will make it all the more glorious!

Thankyou management for going out and trying to fix the problem, or at least one of them...!

spending money is good, but where we spend it has been the problem. with all that money snyder throws around, i wish he could hire the best football front office guys around, so when we do splurge every single offseason, we bring in the right mix of people.

He's gotta make a bigger impact on D than Curry Burns.:whoknows:

I tell you what. If I hear one DB on this team call this move a "slap in the face," I'm going out to Ashburn to slap them in the face. I don't know that this move will work, but our current secondary definitely is not getting the job done.:redpunch:

I really like this move. :applause: He brings experience, and especially the fact that he played under Gray gives him an advantage. Hopefully he can fill the nickel DB role better than what we've been seeing. That in combination with Springs hopefully getting back to starting could really help make a difference! :fingersx:

spending money is good, but where we spend it has been the problem. with all that money snyder throws around, i wish he could hire the best football front office guys around, so when we do splurge every single offseason, we bring in the right mix of people.

I think we have the right mix of people it is just that we haven't been using them right. We have 4 running backs and Chris Cooley who can fill in as needed if he were asked to and we did not run the damn ball. less than 20 rushes against one of the worst run defenses of the year is just stupid. Granted our Defense can definitley gain atleast some insight for this old timer just like our players learned from Old Bruce Smith.

This off season we can try and get what we need including

Big, Strong, GREAT Offensive Linemen - our guys aren't cutting it and Campbell or whoever is our QB will need time to throw the ball.

Make no mistake. This is a very good signing. The guy can play the pass and I expect him to replace AA at obvious passing downs or be the the nickle back. In addition he is a very very good tackler. Yes he is 35 but last year he had 102 tackles and played all the games.

I agree that his stats from last year look good, especially considering his age, but don't over-estimate the tackles stat, especially for a safety. For example, Archuleta is leading the team with 43 tackles, but many people think he is playing poorly. A safety with a lot of tackles often means the guys up front aren't doing their jobs as well as they should. Still, as I said in my previous post, I like this move.

Also, the fact that he is the NFL Players Association president shows that he is well respected by his peers...another typical Gibbs high character guy. :thumbsup:

Field position is part of the game. IMO.. time of possesion and field position plays a huge role in an outcome of a game.

OK Field position is helpful, but our punter hasn't been that bad this season. Not like our defense who can't tackle, our coaches who can't call running plays against the crappiest run defense and instead call passing plays agaist a team that have a pretty decent pass defense.

Also a good team can score despite the field position and until we start doing more of that then leave him alone.

OK Field position is helpful, but our punter hasn't been that bad this season. Not like our defense who can't tackle, our coaches who can't call running plays against the crappiest run defense and instead call passing plays agaist a team that have a pretty decent pass defense.

Also a good team can score despite the field position and until we start doing more of that then leave him alone.

I do not hate on Frost. He has been better but, not consistent. Neither has anyone on this team for that matter. The way our offense/defense is playing.. We need a punter who can average 80 yards per punt. :doh:

Archived