Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its time to fire Gibbs..waive Brunell...etc

Ji

Gibbs should never be fired. If anything I hope when he is done coaching he can stay here as a GM to evaluate talent for whoever is coaching. I dont care how his team is performing, Gibbs is the man responsable for 3 lombardi trophies sitting at Redskin park. He is still great. He will always be great.

i post few and far between, but after this game and 6 blue moon pumpkin ale's (which taste like candy by the way). Let me say this about joe gibbs; he is the joe paterno of NFL coaches, he can leve whenever he wants on his own terms. I think Al Saunders was a mistake and wasted a year of our offense to get acclimated. However, Joesph Jackson Gibbs decided to bring him in. Joe knew he was on the way out and he wanted like minds to take the metaphorical reigns when he left. While greg williams and his defense has looked average at best he's still the best of what we have. So deal with the 6-10 season we're about to embark on and allow campbell to grow for a year. In the mean time maybe we'll find a pass defense.

I have been a loyal Redskins Fan for my entire life. I have been critical of the team in the past, & been proven wrong, but this loss has pushed me over the edge. Here is my opinion on what we need to do:

1.) Fire Gregg Williams. I love him, I honestly do. I feel what he has done with our defense has been great. But in tough times you have to make tough decisions. But, the results our defense has produced is inexcuseable. The talent level of this group of players isn't living up to the expectations, we're better than we were last year, but we're not playing near as well.

2.) Bench Brunell. I'm sick of his poor play, & quite frankly he's just not strong enough to play the position anymore. This is a tough move as well, considering I hate all of the preseason film I've seen on Jason Campbell. But we do need to see what he can do in the regular season.

3.) Run the football. Last year when we were 5-6 going into St. Louis we made a committment to running the football down the stretch. I know it is difficult to not throw as much w/ Moss, Lloyd & Randle El, but sticking to a gameplan that has produced w/ this group of players in the past is what we need to do.

4.) Cut Reynaldo Wynn. He is a great guy & team leader, but he is old dead weight that makes little contribution on the field.

5.) Dump Shawn Springs. He is old & on the decline in his career, + he is injured all of the time. Even though he is a D.C. native we need to get rid of him.

6.) Go Back To The Old Playbook. Al Saunders may be a genius, but he's not winning us any ballgames. The schemes we ran last year fit the personell on this team. Learning a new offense w/ a group of players expected to make a deep playoff run is just bone-headed.

***I'm sick of losing. This is 99'-00' all over again.***

Dear Dan Snyder,

Next time we manage to win a playoff game, don't go out & bulk up on Free Agents. Try & keep some kind of winning formula going o.k.

I'm honestly thinking of deserting the team. This is inexcuseable.

Would you continue to go to a restaurant that gave you horrible service?

Why continue to support a team that can't string back 2 back winning seasons together for how long?????

Maybe I should sleep on it.

I have been a loyal Redskins Fan for my entire life. I have been critical of the team in the past, & been proven wrong, but this loss has pushed me over the edge. Here is my opinion on what we need to do:

1.) Fire Gregg Williams. I love him, I honestly do. I feel what he has done with our defense has been great. But in tough times you have to make tough decisions. But, the results our defense has produced is inexcuseable. The talent level of this group of players isn't living up to the expectations, we're better than we were last year, but we're not playing near as well.

How do you think the offense would perform with out Portis, Moss, Thomas and Dockery?

The defense has several injured players and a few didn't even start.

What would have made sense to me would be for us to run the ball all day on the worst run defense in the league to keep our defense off the field and frustrate their offense. We would have done that last year.

But maybe thats just me.

1.) Fire Gregg Williams.

2.) Bench Brunell.

3.) Run the football.

4.) Cut Reynaldo Wynn.

5.) Dump Shawn Springs.

6.) Go Back To The Old Playbook. Al Saunders may be a genius, but he's not winning us any ballgames.

***I'm sick of losing. This is 99'-00' all over again.***

Maybe I should sleep on it.

I would say that sleeping on it is a good idea.

Wynn should not have been kept after training camp.

Never fire GW....Fire Vinnie and get us a GM who knows a thing or 2 about the draft and scouting pros well.

Dont dump Springs, sign Vincent so that when Springs goes down we have a capable replacement and another good teacher for Rogers.

Give Saunders a chance....as long as Bugel and Gibbs are here he isnt calling anything. The old playbook is killing us....we used the same one in 2004.

Archived