Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bucs' Cosey Coleman Anything But Cosy With Ex

bulldog

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive lineman Cosey Coleman was released from jail Tuesday after being charged with beating the mother of his 8-month-old son outside a day care center.

The 6-foot-4, 322-pound Coleman is accused of slapping the woman as she leaned into his car Monday. He then followed her to her vehicle and slapped her again as he held the child in his arms, Tampa police spokeswoman Katie Hughes said.

At one point the woman drove away, and when she returned, Coleman pushed, kicked and slapped her before pulling her out of the vehicle by her ankles, police said.

"Basically, he did assault her numerous times," Hughes said.

The child, who was taken inside the day care center during the assault, was not injured, she said.

Coleman was charged Monday with misdemeanor domestic battery and spent the night in jail after surrendering. He was released after promising to appear in court. The woman was not identified by police, but Hughes said she and Coleman lived together.

Coleman, a starter at right guard, was a second-round draft pick by the Bucs in 2000.

"I apologize for any embarrassment that I may have caused to my teammates, my coaches, the Buccaneers organization and our fans," Coleman said in a statement released by the team. "I will work to resolve this situation as quickly as possible."

Coleman's status for Sunday's game against the Carolina Panthers was unclear. Bucs general manager Rich McKay would not comment.

"I apologize for any embarrassment that I may have caused to my teammates, my coaches, the Buccaneers organization and our fans," Coleman said in a statement released by the team. "I will work to resolve this situation as quickly as possible."

Now THIS guy has his priorities in order. :cheers:

"I apologize for any embarrassment that I may have caused to my teammates, my coaches, the Buccaneers organization and our fans,"

K..... I 'm thinking that some of his teammates may be feeling something, but I hope and believe it's not "embarrasment".

Oh... and by the way ****head..... how about an apology for being a **** and beating up the mother of your child, who just happened to be there too? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

Coleman said in a statement released by the team. "I will work to resolve this situation as quickly as possible."

How about somebody work to resolve his problem with walking around playing football?

Archived