Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking Ahead: The Colts

method man

I believe the game is going to be played at the Colts' dome. This gives them a pretty big home advantage because the fans are noisy there and Jansen, Samuels, and Dockery are going to get 2 false start penalties each. However, I think we match up favorably against them.

Our Offense vs. Their Defense

Their defense has serious problems against the run. If Portis can get 5,6 yards a carry then I think we are set offensively. This will force Doss and Sanders, who suck against the pass, to creep even closer to the line of scrimmage, leaving Moss and ARE one-on-one with average corners Marlin Jackson and Nick Harper. Chris Cooley is finally back and involved in the offense. He should also have a good game against the Colts.

Our Defense vs. Their Offense

In my opinion, the game all comes down to Springs. If he is playing, we win. If he is out, we lose. I think Springs can cover Harrison one-on-one and Rogers can probably do a good job against Wayne with safety help. While Dallas Clark is going to have a big game against us, regardless, unless GW gets a brain and starts Rocky, if we can shut down the Colts WRs we win. I think we are going to shut down the Colts' running attack, save a possible big play or two from Addai. Rhodes is going to have like 13 carries for 15 yards.

Bottom Line: Last year, we went 0-4 in the AFC. This year, if we go 4-0 that makes a huge difference in the competitive NFC playoff picture. I don't see the other three NFC teams beating the Jags or the Colts. If we can, then that gives us 2 up on them. I think we are going to split the division (3-3). I think we can beat St. Louis (our random NFC opponent record is 1-1). If we can go 2-2 against the NFC South, we will have a conference record of 6-6 which will be near the bottom of tiebreakers. In this scenario, we have to hope for teams like the surging Rams, Saints, Vikes, Cowboys, Giants, and Falcons to not get to 10-6.

wow , you know the titans have a very good shot at beating us dont ya? we better figure out a way to play defense or it wont be a question of winning or losing at the colts , but a question of how bad will we lose when peyton throws for 500 yards , 4 tds ...... defense defense

blah blah blah, "one game at a time", "we haven't earned the right to look ahead", :rolleyes: I'll look ahead with you

our only chance to win at Indy and go into our bye week at 4-3 instead of 3-4 is to run the ball with every RB we got, all game long, and keep Indy off the damn field

Peyton and company will eat our corners alive if we don't keep the run game established all four quarters

With the way our defense is playing, the Colts will win even with their backups!

Our offense will not be be able to do much once we fall behind! Hate to bust the bubble, but that game is a goner.

I hope Gibbs and Mark do something magical to prove me wrong!:point2sky :2cents:

blah blah blah, "one game at a time", "we haven't earned the right to look ahead", :rolleyes: I'll look ahead with you

our only chance to win at Indy and go into our bye week at 4-3 instead of 3-4 is to run the ball with every RB we got, all game long, and keep Indy off the damn field

Peyton and company will eat our corners alive if we don't keep the run game established all four quarters

Exactly. Some posters don't realize that this game is pretty much a guaranteed win. The Skins are not losing to a crappy team coming off a tough divisional loss. The Titans do not have the WRs (just Bennett who is a big slow WR who we should shut down) to test our D and rip off big plays. Our RBs are going to stifle their stable of average RBs (white, Brown, and Henry). The only threats that they could offensively muster against us are their TEs and Young scrambling (which he probably won't do much of, considering the hard hitters we have).

With the way our defense is playing, the Colts will win even with their backups!

Our offense will not be be able to do much once we fall behind! Hate to bust the bubble, but that game is a goner.

I hope Gibbs and Mark do something magical to prove me wrong!:point2sky :2cents:

You are joking, aren't you? There are too many people on this board who are Skins fans but not football fans. They do not know much about the NFL besides the Skins. Yes, the Colts are undefeated but they have squeaked by in the last two weeks against the Jets and Titans. Yes, they have a bye this week but it is going to be difficult for them to plan against us. I honestly think that if Springs is healthy enough to play, we should still list him as doubtful on the injury report just so the Colts are going to gameplan to exploit Rogers and Wright, only for Springs to show up and play. Furthermore, our offense seems hard to gameplan for. One week, we go dink and dunk our way to a win. The next week, we completely forget about screen passes and try going intermediate. The Colts have to be guessing which version of the Skins offense is going to show up. If Springs comes back, they can't gameplan effectively against our D because it will be very different with more blitzes being thrown in and AA and ST playing closer to the LOS.

The Colts' run defense problems are definitely not fixable over a bye. With Simon out, they do not have a big runstopping DT. We should be able to run it at them all day long and control TOP. I honestly think that we can negate Mathis and Freeney by running with Portis and Betts or going dink and dunk all day long. Factor in that they are pretty banged up as well. It looks like half their team was questionable against the Titans. While the bye gives them a chance to heal, how many of them are going to actually be fully healthy when they play us.

In my humble opinion, I think this is actually a game we can win, just because the only things really clicking right now for the Colts is the pass rush and the passing game.

Archived