Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

He's Painting His Masterpiece

SkinsNoles21

If you've seen Man On Fire, then you know what I am talking about...Christopher Walken's character, Rayburn, describes Denzel Washingtons character, Creasy. Creasy has been hired to protect Pita (Dakota Fanning) and she has been kidnapped....It is now on Creasy to get her back(although it is assumed she is dead) and to get revenge on the people who did this too her, as well as put an end to the kidnappings that occur so frequently in Mexico City.

Now of course there are doubters. Any time a man is taking on a task that many see as impossible, or extremely difficult, someone is always going to have their doubts, and say he can't do it. People don't think Creasy can penetrate something so intense because the Mexico City police is behind it, he will never be able to get her back or stop this from happening. Now Creasy says nothing about whether or not he will do it, he just goes about his business, gets to work and gets it done. Just like someone in his position should and would do, not say much just go to work to prove the doubters wrong. What Rayburn says to the doubters is key...and he says it like only Christopher Walken can say.

"Death is his art, and he's about to create his masterpiece"

My point is this. For those that are worried, for those that are nervous about tomorrows game and the remainder of the season, and the tough schedule, and whatever else may be causing you to worry....DONT BE.

Success is Joe Gibbs' art, and he's about to paint his masterpiece.

Joe Gibbs is not a man who fails. When he goes to work on something he goes to work until he succeeds. You know what he did the first time he coached the Skins, and you know what he did in NASCAR, and now its his final run....and hes making it his best. He left the team in shambles after retiring the first time, we struggled for a decade, and he returned...determined not only to turn the Washington Redskins around, but to set them up to succeed in the future. This team is loaded in talent, loaded with experience, and loaded with coaching. Overlooking it all is Joe Gibbs, he's coaching a little different now, a lot more watching, a lot more analyzing, and a lot more painting.

When you watch Joe Gibbs during the game, on the practice fields, in interviews or when your hiding in his bushes outside of his house with your digital camera trying to take pictures.....think about one thing.

WHO IS GOING TO STOP HIM?

Who is going to keep Joe Gibbs, a man who refuses to fail, from achieving his goals....the answer is simple. No One.

You can't stop Creasy bear from getting Pita back because you can't stop a man with a desire that burns so great that he REFUSES to fail. Joe Gibbs will not fail.

So when you watch the game tomorrow, just know that WE will win.....and that the time is now for the Washington Redskins.....

and be glad hes on our side.:logo:

Nice read.

That movie is a masterpiece.

"The Bible teaches us to forgive."

"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's up to me to arrange the meeting."

That was a great movie.

The full quote is

"Death is his art, and he's about to create his masterpeice"

So

"winning is his art, and he's about to create his masterpiece."

That was a great movie.

The full quote is

"Death is his art, and he's about to create his masterpeice"

So

"winning is his art, and he's about to create his masterpiece."

alright well....im stealing this.....haha

i changed it from winning to success though....thanks for the real quote i dont own this movie anymore but need to buy it asap.

But Creasy gives up his life at the end.

Do you think Joe Gibbs would die for the Washington Redskins? Is his devotion that deep?

Nah but I dont think death is the way for joe gibbs to give everything he has...death was Creasys art it was only fitting the movie ended with death...

so if i could compare it...

its only fitting joe gibbs ends with super bowl rings.

Nah but I dont think death is the way for joe gibbs to give everything he has...death was Creasys art it was only fitting the movie ended with death...

so if i could compare it...

its only fitting joe gibbs ends with super bowl rings.

You have a great point, and that was one hell of a movie. It was powerful, just like it would be if another Lombardi is brought to DC.

Its been 15 years...15 ****in years. Alot of fans who are younger then say 20-22 have no real sense of how great we once were. Even I wish I could recall the greatness of the 82 and 83 teams other then through videotape and friends. We need to reclaim the glory, its been way too long. Especially considering every team in our division has been to the SB since our last visit.

OK...that's it...I am Fing ready to crash through the TV tomorrow to help make tackles on D, or throw blocks for Santana on O...nice read on one of favorite movies and comparing it with JJG...I am going to purchase my Sean Taylor jersey right now!!!! 1PM, IT'S ON!!!!!!! HAIL!!!!!

In a way Joe Gibbs has sacrificed MUCH of his life for the Redskins - he has claimed on several occasions that he wishes he had spent more time with his sons - not to mention the way his rigorous work schedule has negatively affected his health and probably taken a few years off of his life - honestly - and that makes me realize how great he is - that he put aside, to a large extent, his family and his health to make our team great.

Even now, he could be spending his weeks looking after his grandkids and all that - but no - despite Saunders taking over offense I still think Coach is pulling 60 hour weeks at the least...

It was a great read and man did I enjoy that movie. I sure do believe JG is a winner and always has been, there is no doubt about him and his will... To be realistic the only way I see us winning tomorrow is if the D comes out fired up with an attitude that they wont run on them and the D wont give up the big play!!! That is the only way we are going to win tomorrow, that is the only thing that has me worried.. But hell, why not, I am all about this post and all about kicking some blue butts tomorrow.

HTTR

Bring on the gmen

Man, if that read doesn't get you pumped up you should check your pulse. Wow, where to start. Great post, I really think it captures a lot. I've always been taught, that JG is a winner, he wins at everything he does, but I've never looked at it as an art. I visualize him sitting in a back room at Redskin Park, with Saunders and Williams at his side, drawing up the gameplan. Like some great composer writing a piece. I like that analogy. For all you music dorks, imagine Gibbs is Rossini or Wagner or Rotinia, sitting back composing his masterpiece. Every game is a different movement, and the season is the entire opera.

HTTR!!!!! In Gibbs we Trust!!!!!!!

Archived