Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where we are.

Art

Right now we are just a team that kills itself with mistakes. Over and over and over and over until finally there just no way to keep holding firm and playing well. It doesn't matter if the mistakes are penalties -- whether real or imagined -- or not pulling in a big INT and sacrificing your body to do it or being spread thin and blitzed on timing and not having the right call on or completing a pass for a big first down and having it knocked loose for a fumble.

We're just a team that is continuing to play on Wednesday. On the hump. We simply can't get over it and get to Thursday. This is in large part to simply not having enough history as a team together to believe in yourself when it comes down to making plays. We simply don't know who can make the appropriate play.

Like last week against the Saints, by in large, we weren't overwhelmed by talent. We simply are continuing to play two teams. We're playing the opposition and ourselves. Right now you can see the defense is easing ahead of the offense overall to take on a leadership role. The rookie QB is being shown as a bit of a rookie QB. The offensive line is being planned against and attacked to appropriate weakness.

Spurrier adjusts, and we fumble, fumble, fumble. We are simply a team that needs to be a team for a while and to win together and make plays together and know that the mistakes have to start stopping. Now you enter a game at home against the Colts with a lot riding on it. A home game before a tough stretch against a pretty good team. Can the offense stop spiking itself with stupid big negative plays?

Right now that's what's hurting us more than cohesion or lack of talent. We have a better chance to win with Matthews than Ramsey, but, do you give up on the future and play more for the present, or do you let the rookie win the team through the rough times and lead it into better times?

Lots of questions for this team. The defense is starting to show up, despite the points, but will it continue to believe and play hard and get better if there's little hope with Ramsey when he's struggling? We've got some growing up to do and the ability to compete is there. We just continue to kill ourselves and that's something you have to straighten up because it's the most correctable thing there is.

Personally, I stay with Ramsey. I'd rather let him get experience that he can't get otherwise. Besides, I'd rather have a really crappy season and have a good draft pick and softer schedule next year than finish 8-8 and missing the playoffs. You figure, Ramsey may struggle for a few more weeks, but hopefully, he can finish strong and give us some hope for next year.

As bad as our line is, Shane would not survive anyway. But that is also my only concern for Ramsey as well, I hope he doesn't get killed.

As bad as our line is, Shane would not survive anyway. But that is also my only concern for Ramsey as well, I hope he doesn't get killed.

Shane? Who's that? Ohhh, you mean our most effective QB who was benched for no reason? That Shane!

(Shane liked the dump offs which meant he wasn't getting hit as much as Ramsey but you're right he's not as tough as Ramsey and would probably be pretty beat up right now)

I think we should stick with Ramsey, but I think we would look alot better if we stuck with - Start Shane, prepare Ramsey for next year.

We're a bad team because we turn it over. We've lost to a 4-2, 4-2, 6-1 & 6-1 teams. All 4 are contenders. Yes, it's a rebuilding season, but probably only 1. By the time the schedule eases up, the problems will hopefully be solved to a large degree and the Skins will be OK and lay down the basis for a big 2003.

Archived