Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best place to park with out a pass?

mrhetzler

Hi all,

This will be my first trip to a game this season and the new parking situation has me a bit baffled.

We had been planning on parking at the mall and walking as we're not all that interested in tailgating.

I've heard a rumor that parking at the mall is off limits. Is this true?

If so, where is the next best thing for someone not interested in tailgating, paying an arm and a leg for parking, and sans parking pass?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks all

P.S. Prices, distances, locations and walking times would be appreciated.

Hail To The Redskins!

I know when I went last year, if you get there early enough, (i.e. 2-4 hrs. before the game, granted we tailgate), we parked in the office buildings across the street from the mall and didnt get charged, however once, the attentdants get there, they will start charging for people that come in from that point forward.. that was last year though..

I know when I went last year, if you get there early enough, (i.e. 2-4 hrs. before the game, granted we tailgate), we parked in the office buildings across the street from the mall and didnt get charged, however once, the attentdants get there, they will start charging for people that come in from that point forward.. that was last year though..

thats what my buddies and i did for the monday night game, the walk wasn't that bad and I wasn't complaining because it was free.

Take exit 17b off the beltway, pass the mall and redskins rd, and take a left where it says tailgate field. $20, across the street from green parking.

I always see that lot but am afraid to try it so I end up paying out the nose for a green pass. Is it reliable to use? Open for every game? Does it fill up quick and start turning away cars?

Take exit 17b off the beltway, pass the mall and redskins rd, and take a left where it says tailgate field. $20, across the street from green parking.

>> I parked here for the Jets preseason game and the walk was not too bad. We had a couple of 6-7 year old kids in our group and they made the walk both ways w/o any issues. DO NOT TRY TO PARK AT THE MALL. YOU WILL GET TOWED!!

Just be a man and spend the 30 bucks and park

$30! I wish...try 70 and up for onsite parking unless your one of the lucky ones who are able to buy the parking directly from the redskins with your season tickets. I have season tickets with no parking and it costs me a small fortune to park my f-ing car...

I always see that lot but am afraid to try it so I end up paying out the nose for a green pass. Is it reliable to use? Open for every game? Does it fill up quick and start turning away cars?

On opening night it looked less than half full, and you can exit the lot away from the main stadium traffic.

>> I parked here for the Jets preseason game and the walk was not too bad. We had a couple of 6-7 year old kids in our group and they made the walk both ways w/o any issues. DO NOT TRY TO PARK AT THE MALL. YOU WILL GET TOWED!!

Yeah, we parked at the mall for the opener and came out and saw tow trucks taking people's cars away. That was NOT cool at all. I don't recall seeing any no parking signs in the open areas...only where they had the fences and walls set up.

We planned to try the tailgate field this time, because we always walked past it on the way to the stadium, but we couldn't figure out where the entrance was. So, on 202, you cross Brightseat (stadium to the left) and continue on and there are signs directing you? How bad was the traffic to get out of there after the game? Does it fill up pretty quickly so that we'd need to get there really early?

The problem with the Metro is that to get on it after the game is a complete mess. But, then again, every way out of fedex is a complete mess. I really feel like cattle when I am getting back on the shuttle to the Apollo lot! Seriously, my best bet would be to park at the offices . . . I belive it is the cheapest, and while you may have to walk a bit longer, you don't have to sit in the traffic directly around the stadium. AND, by the time you would've walked to your car, most of the traffic on the beltway would be gone. Its a win win!

Take the metro.

For the Viks game I took the Metro bus from Landover station. $5 plus $3.50 for parking at the station. 1st bus leaves 3hrs prior to game time and takes 20 mins. or so.

Line for the return trip went surprisingly quickly, considering that game came down to nearly the last second, and everyone left about the same time. 3 rows of buses constantly streaming in and out, and the wait was roughly 20-30 mins max.

The only problem I have with this deal is want to get to the ES tailgait sooner, and the dropoff point is the exact opposite corner of the lots from the tailgate location.

This weekend I am going to try the train to get there earlier, and see how that works.

Yeah, we parked at the mall for the opener and came out and saw tow trucks taking people's cars away. That was NOT cool at all. I don't recall seeing any no parking signs in the open areas...only where they had the fences and walls set up.

We planned to try the tailgate field this time, because we always walked past it on the way to the stadium, but we couldn't figure out where the entrance was. So, on 202, you cross Brightseat (stadium to the left) and continue on and there are signs directing you? How bad was the traffic to get out of there after the game? Does it fill up pretty quickly so that we'd need to get there really early?

>> Coming from the Beltway off of exit 17, you will pass the mall (Brightseat road) and will almost immediately see some small yellow signs for the tailgate lot. Follow the signs. It is $20. We asked if Snyder got the money and they said yes. :rolleyes:

For the Jets game, it seemed like the place was only about 25% full and I don't remember seeing any port-o-jons, but there were lots of trees/brush nearby. :laugh:

When leaving, you will have to come out on 202. After the game, the cops give the traffic leaving the stadium priority over the folks on 202, so expect to wait at that intersection for several mins. If you know your way through DC you can turn left on 202 and head back towards DC. We parked there for the Jets preseason game and stayed to the end. We got out well and had to wait for the cops to let us get back to the beltway, but all in all I would do it again if I had to drive. I took Metro for the first time to FedEx to the Vikings game and will take it again for the Jags.

Parking map (this lot is STILL not shown):

http://www.redskins.com/fedexfield/parking.jsp

Hi all,

This will be my first trip to a game this season and the new parking situation has me a bit baffled.

We had been planning on parking at the mall and walking as we're not all that interested in tailgating.

If so, where is the next best thing for someone not interested in tailgating, paying an arm and a leg for parking, and sans parking pass?

Thanks all

Hail To The Redskins!

Get off on arena dr.head towards stadium at the first Jerico church parking lot ( believe it's two lights before stadium) turn left go down 1/2 block turn left into cash lot 25$ easy walk to stadium. have a good time. 10 - 15 min walk

Hi all,

Thanks all

Hail To The Redskins!

Yes, parking at the mall is off limits. Take exit 17B (202) off of 495 towards Landover Mall and cross over Brightseat Road. On your left you will see a large sign to take a left turn. This leads into the Tailgate cash lot. It costs $20.00 to park in the Tailgate lot. The same as it did at Landover Mall.

DingDingDing. Besides the fact that the lot was dirt and gravel; it was still a good choice. Entering the place is tricky, but pretty easy to get out besides having to go past the stadium entrance to get to 495. It also had 7 or 8 porta Potties. A HUGE plus for me!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, except for this guy:

Better just get a pass. Not worth it walking 2-3 miles to your car after a game.

I looked at your profile. You're 16, so what do you know about driving/parking? Or spending money on parking? (do you even have a job at 16?)

Not to mention, why would you care about walking a few miles if you're only 16?

You're also in ORLANDO! How can you even guess how far it is to walk?

I've never seen so many problems with two short sentences.

Sigh.

Anyway, I parked in the Tailgate Field and it was even more convenient than the Red permit lot we used for the last three years... And a LOT cheaper.

Thanks again, all.

DingDingDing. Besides the fact that the lot was dirt and gravel; it was still a good choice. Entering the place is tricky, but pretty easy to get out besides having to go past the stadium entrance to get to 495. It also had 7 or 8 porta Potties. A HUGE plus for me!

This is by far the best place to park. We started parking there last year and it is a lot shorter walk than some of the other lots. They have upgradded since last year as far as the lights and porta pots.

Archived