Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now Make a Decision

Bhutanibeast

He wouldnt have turned into the beast he is now in my opinion. He is the absolute perfect fit for the 3-4. He is in the right system for his talent. While I think he would have been good, he wouldnt be thought of as the best defensive player in the league here. Dont give up on Rogers just yet. Let's wait until Springs get back and we start attacking on defense.

I actually talked to Darrell Green about this pick last year and he said that Carlos Rogers is not the type of Corner they needed. He stressed how he is a great run support corner but they need the cover corner more.

He has time to develop into that though. He has the winning pedigree and was the nations top defensive back in the hardest conference in college football. You dont accomplish that by being a slouch in coverage. He just needs time on the field. This is really an extension of his rookie year since he wasnt a full time starter the whole season. Let's not throw a talented young player under the bus just yet. He has the tools to be great but it wont happen overnight.

People are also making too much of a big deal about the Andre Johnson PI call. The fact he was in position was a good thing. Johnson is one of the most physically gifted athletes in the NFL. His blend of size and speed are matched by only a few people. Rogers had a few bad plays against minnesota but other then that I thought he has played well. What mistakes has he made that makes him so different from every other corner in the league?

lets go back to the 2005 draft. The redskins are on the clock. With the way Carlos Rogers is playing now, would you have taken him, or Shawne Merriman. My pick would definitely be Merriman. He would complete the defense.

What a complete waste of a thread. Lets go back to the 1977 draft, like anybody cares.

Think positive and forward.

Archived