Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Hastings

RiggoReincarnated

I think many people have overlooked the effect of losing John "Mother" Dunn.

Hastings off-season conditioning program has been an utter joke. Yes, the players have attended, but its obvious that we are out of shape compared to the other teams we have played.

Rabach gets overpowered 2 games in a row, by a no-namer called Jason Ferguson on Sunday.

Jansen can't even stop Greg Ellis when he holds him.

Brunell has not been lifting to increase his arm strength or leg strength...he should have known those were his weaknesses and Hastings should have set him up on a regimen to increase strength there.

Cooley looks slower and more lethargic.

Its hard to name one Redskins player that looks to have taken strides since last year. Perhaps Warrick Holdman.

Demarcus Ware, Canty, Spears, Ellis, as well as the whole Cowboys offensive line have gotten stronger physically since last year, why haven't we?

Agreed. It seemed like Gibbs wanted to "reward" the players. But the players didn't do anything special to warrant time off from camp.

Nearly ALL teams have close to 100% participation in the offseason program.

The Falcons, Vikings, and others ran brutal camps with nearly all days 2 a days. We were probably the easiest camp in terms of lack of 2 a day practices.

This is like the third thread you made on this guy. Was he like your strength coach in high school or something that made you do too many chin ups?

Do you have any idea what his strength program is or are you just talking out of your ass again? I'd like to see a full comparison before I call any NFL strength program "an utter joke".

This is like the third thread you made on this guy. Was he like your strength coach in high school or something that made you do too many chin ups?

Do you have any idea what his strength program is or are you just talking out of your ass again? I'd like to see a full comparison before I call any NFL strength program "an utter joke".

The results speak for themselves.

I don't understand why we didn't hire someone who was top-tier to be our strength and conditioning coach.

Larry Michaels made it seems like doing 16 100 yard sprints with 1 minute rest between each one was something mind-boggling and hard. Give me a break.

Gibbs was just too easy on the players this offseason. I didn't like the fact that he was so cushy with them at the time, and I especially don't like it now.

If, as Gibbs puts it, "last season buys you nothing," then why did he reward players for last season by giving them such an easy time this season?

I think everyone just fell into the trap of thinking that our chemistry from last year and making the playoffs 2nd round would translate well to this year. After all, Gibbs has a good track record on building upon previous years:

1981: 8-8 (improving from 6-10 mark Pardee had in 1980)

1982: 8-1 Super Bowl win

1983: 14-2 Super Bowl appearance

1986: 12-4 Lost In NFC Championship

1987: 11-4 Win Super Bowl

1990: 10-6 Lose in Divisional Playoffs

1991: Win Super Bowl

So it was human nature to think that adding talent in areas where we lacked talent (defensive end and wide receiver other than Moss) would improve the team.

Its just the rampant trading of draft picks, letting guys like Ryan Clark and Omar Stoutmire go, and overpaying free agents...kind of catches up with a teams chemistry.

How is Sean Taylor suppossed to feel when Archuleta is making more then him and his best friend Ryan Clark is dumped?

How do you think the defensive line (that did a great job towards the end of last year) feels when Andre Carter is given big bucks?

How do you think Moss and Patten feel about us giving big bucks to Lloyd and Randle El?

So far none of our 2006 free agents have done much of anything...and I think there is a huge chasm in team chemistry.

Ok - so Gibbs talking about that he will definitely not approach the offseason and preseason the same (acknowledging that it wasn't a good approach) next year doesn't tell you something? :)

:laugh: Yes I'm sure he was specifically pointing out the strength and conditioning program with that comment. Because it is John Hastings who decides wether or not we go two a days, because it is John Hastings who decides when the players arrive at camp. :doh:

:laugh: Yes I'm sure he was specifically pointing out the strength and conditioning program with that comment. Because it is John Hastings who decides wether or not we go two a days, because it is John Hastings who decides when the players arrive at camp. :doh:

It is John Hastings that develops the cardio and weight lifting regimen.

We are getting overpowered at the line...other teams players have gotten physically stronger, ours haven't.

Hastings deserves at least a share of the ownership on this.

Are we running out of people to blame yet? What about the ball boys? The bus drivers? The down marker guys and the first down chain holder? Oooh wait! What about the guy that chooses the stadium music during timeouts!!! MAN HE HAS GOTTA GO!!! WHY DOESN'T GIBBS RECOGNIZE THIS?!?

I think everyone just fell into the trap of thinking that our chemistry from last year and making the playoffs 2nd round would translate well to this year. After all, Gibbs has a good track record on building upon previous years:

1981: 8-8 (improving from 6-10 mark Pardee had in 1980)

1982: 8-1 Super Bowl win

1983: 14-2 Super Bowl appearance

1986: 12-4 Lost In NFC Championship

1987: 11-4 Win Super Bowl

1990: 10-6 Lose in Divisional Playoffs

1991: Win Super Bowl

So it was human nature to think that adding talent in areas where we lacked talent (defensive end and wide receiver other than Moss) would improve the team.

Its just the rampant trading of draft picks, letting guys like Ryan Clark and Omar Stoutmire go, and overpaying free agents...kind of catches up with a teams chemistry.

How is Sean Taylor suppossed to feel when Archuleta is making more then him and his best friend Ryan Clark is dumped?

How do you think the defensive line (that did a great job towards the end of last year) feels when Andre Carter is given big bucks?

How do you think Moss and Patten feel about us giving big bucks to Lloyd and Randle El?

So far none of our 2006 free agents have done much of anything...and I think there is a huge chasm in team chemistry.

I agree with this post. It hard to sell the tem on being core redskins when you continually get rid of core players (i.e Pierce, Smoot, Clark etc..) and fail to reward others (i.e extend Cooley's contract) yet sign others teams players to more lucrative contracts.

I agree with this post. It hard to sell the tem on being core redskins when you continually get rid of core players (i.e Pierce, Smoot, Clark etc..) and fail to reward others (i.e extend Cooley's contract) yet sign others teams players to more lucrative contracts.

That's why I laugh when I see the "Redskins For Life" promotion at Fed Ex with all these players names.

• 4 weeks later...

Why is JOHN HASTINGS being interviewed on redskins.com like he is some guru on strength and conditioning???

NEWSFLASH: John Hastings, you suck. Mother Dunn knew what he was doing. You don't. Why are we continuously getting out muscled in the trenches (particularly our defensive line)?? Why are our guys are continuously gassed in the 4th quarter, and that's why we let teams back into games (Jacksonville), or outright blow games (Minnesota, Tennessee).

Hastings needs to be fired, and someone competent hired as strength and conditioning coach.

Why is JOHN HASTINGS being interviewed on redskins.com like he is some guru on strength and conditioning???

NEWSFLASH: John Hastings, you suck. Mother Dunn knew what he was doing. You don't. Why are we continuously getting out muscled in the trenches (particularly our defensive line)?? Why are our guys are continuously gassed in the 4th quarter, and that's why we let teams back into games (Jacksonville), or outright blow games (Minnesota, Tennessee).

Hastings needs to be fired, and someone competent hired as strength and conditioning coach.

Maybe because a portion of the defense is out injured? You know, like the secondary and DT positions??

Don't care how muscled up you are, injuries do happen in violent sports so to blame it all on Hastings is a wee bit foolish.

BTW, Griffin had issues with his hip last season and Big Joe and Springs missed time and that was WITH Mother Dunn running the conditioning program,but Mother Dunn doesn't suck like Hastings....why is that??

Push away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and chill out.....

Maybe because a portion of the defense is out injured? You know, like the secondary and DT positions??

Don't care how muscled up you are, injuries do happen in violent sports so to blame it all on Hastings is a wee bit foolish.

BTW, Griffin had issues with his hip last season and Big Joe and Springs missed time and that was WITH Mother Dunn running the conditioning program,but Mother Dunn doesn't suck like Hastings....why is that??

Push away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and chill out.....

The difference is last year we out conditioned those mother ****ers in a number of close games. First the Bears, then the Cowboys, then the Seahawks to start 3-0.

This season we have SUCKED in the 4th quarter.

I wasn't talking about the injuries, just the overall conditioning of the team this year. Mother Dunn would never have this.

The ****ing DALLAS COWBOYS AND NEW YORK GIANTS WERE LOSING AT HALFTIME THIS PAST WEEK AND THEY OBLITERATED THE COMPETITION IN THE 2nd half!!! They are in game condition and we aren't! Hastings is at fault for this!

The Redskins did that with their offensive and defensive coordinators.... and I'm sure you want them both fired now as well.

Come on, the guys workout advise consists of "for pushing exercises like bench presses you should compliment it with pulling exercises like pullups" I mean come on, DUH.

Its as bad as Louis Riddicks "in-depth" scouting reports before each game, where he says nothing about the other team we don't already know.

Archived